How Long Does Yahoo Keep Deleted Emails and Recovery Ways
This post will tell you how long does Yahoo keep deleted emails and how to recover deleted Yahoo emails. No matter when your emails are deleted, you can find a useful way here.
How long does Yahoo keep deleted emails for you
Yahoo Mail, a famous email service across the world, provides professional email features for you. You can use Yahoo Mail on your desktop or phone, which brings a lot of convenience to daily life and work.
However, sometimes your emails may be deleted due to accidental deletion or other causes. Generally, Yahoo will not permanently delete your emails directly. Deleted emails will be kept in a Trash folder by Yahoo. As a result, you can recover deleted emails from Yahoo easily.
However, Yahoo keeps your deleted emails for a limited time. You may want to know how long does Yahoo keep deleted emails for you. The answer is 7 days. If your emails were deleted in the last 7 days, you can get them back easily. If you want to recover deleted emails months or years ago, here we prepared a professional recovery method for you.
Does Yahoo permanently deleted emails?
Once you deleted your Yahoo emails, Yahoo will not permanently delete them immediately. After 7 days, your Trash folder is empty and your emails will be permanently deleted. To find your permanently deleted, you can consider using Method 3 in the following part.
How to recover deleted emails from Yahoo
How to recover deleted emails in Yahoo account? You can pick a solution according to time your emails were deleted. If your emails were deleted recently, you can try Method 1 and 2 and your emails will be recovered probably. If you want to recover deleted Yahoo emails from months ago or years ago, please refer to Method 3.
Method 1. Recover deleted emails in Yahoo Trash
If your emails are deleted recently, how long do emails stay in trash Yahoo? Yahoo will keep deleted emails for 7 days. Please go to the Trash folder to find your deleted files like recovering files from Recycle Bin on your computer. Here are easy steps to recover deleted emails from Yahoo Trash:
1. On the Yahoo Mail page, log into your account.
2. On the left menu, click on the Trash option. Emails that were deleted in 7 days will show up on the right page.
3. You can review the deleted email before you recover it. After choosing the deleted email you want to recover, press the Restore to inbox icon. Then your deleted email will be recovered back to your inbox.
Method 2. Contact Yahoo Help to recover deleted emails
After knowing how long does Yahoo keep emails, but you find there is not your deleted emails in the Trash folder, you can also contact with Yahoo Help to submit a restore request to get your deleted emails back. But this method is also suitable for deleted emails in 7 days. Follow the guideline to send a request to Yahoo Help:
1. Navigate to the Yahoo Help page. Click on the Send a Restore Request button.
2. Choose Mail: Accidentally deleted messages on webMail under Describe the problem. And choose the time when your emails were deleted. Input your Yahoo ID and email address correctly. After the above, click on Create Request to send it to Yahoo Help.
Method 3. Recover deleted Yahoo emails from years ago
Unfortunately, you have known how long does Yahoo mail keep emails but your emails have been deleted for more than 7 days, and even for months or years, it is not easy to recover them. If you have created backups of your emails on your computer, you can restore Yahoo emails from backups. If the Yahoo emails backup is gone, we highly recommend you a professional file recovery tool - MyRecover to recover permanently deleted emails from Yahoo no matter how long it was deleted.
MyRecover is an efficient software to help you recover deleted files from PC. With its help, you can recover more than 200 types of files including emails, photos, videos, documents, zip files, and more.
What's more, MyRecover has many outstanding advantages like:
- Available in all Windows operating systems containing Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- Recover data with a high recovery rate and at a high recovery speed.
- Support to recover data from any storage devices like recovering deleted data from SSD, HDD, USB, SD cards, etc.
- Simple clear graphical user interface and easy operation steps.
Download and install the MyRecover client on your computer. Now, let’s see how to use MyRecover to get your deleted emails from months, years ago:
1. In MyRecover, click the partition or disk where your email files are saved. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your deleted email files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically.
3. Next, check the scanning result. You can choose a new location to store your recovered email files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to begin to recover deleted email in Yahoo account.
Written in the end
This article has told you how long does Yahoo keep deleted emails. Besides, you can get to know how to recover Yahoo deleted emails on this page. Even your emails are deleted from months, years ago, you can find a satisfying method to recover old emails.