[3 Way] How to Recover Deleted Emails from Yahoo
Accidentally deleted Yahoo emails and don’t know how to get them back? Continue to read this article and get 3 effective methods to recover deleted emails from Yahoo.
Yahoo Mail is a free and safe email service that is available on desktops and mobile devices. It offers various tools to simplify email search, improve inbox organization, and connect non-Yahoo e-mail accounts to the webmail client. It also allows users to store images and documents within the Yahoo Mail app.
Generally, Yahoo emails will not be lost. However, you may accidentally deleted emails when your inbox overflows with emails that need to deal with in a very short time. Can you recover deleted Yahoo emails? How to recover deleted emails from Yahoo? Get clearly idea below.
Are Deleted Yahoo Emails Gone Forever?
“I mistakenly deleted some important emails from Yahoo Mail. Are these emails deleted completely? Is there a way to get back deleted emails on Yahoo?”
The answer is both yes and no. When you deleted a Yahoo email, it will be moved to Trash folder and kept within 7 days. At the same time, Yahoo will delete emails like spam automatically and keep it out of the inbox folder. These emails will be kept with 30 days. After that, the emails will be gone forever.
How to Recover Deleted Emails from Yahoo within 7 Days
Here you will learn how to recover deleted emails from Yahoo. If you recognize your emails are deleted within 7 days, you can check the Trash folder in Desktop or Mobile. Besides, you can also submit a restore request to Yahoo to get your emails back quickly.
Method 1. Recover Deleted Emails from Yahoo on Desktop
Step 1. Open Yahoo Mail in a browser and log in.
Step 2. Under the Inbox section, click the Trash folder. It will list all the deleted emails within 7 days.
Note: If there are many emails, you can use the Sort feature to locate the deleted emails faster.
Step 3. Tick the checkbox of deleted Yahoo emails you want to recover and select Move > Inbox. All the selected emails will be put back in your inbox.
Tip: You can also select Restore to Inbox to recover deleted Yahoo emails quickly.
Method 2. Recover Deleted Emails from Yahoo on Mobile
Except for Desktops, you can also recover deleted Yahoo emails from Android or iOS mobile devices. It also has a “Trash” folder containing deleted files.
Step 1. Launch the mobile app. Click the Inbox button on the bottom left to open the navigation menu.
Step 2. Click the Trash folder to get a list of deleted emails.
Step 3. Open the Yahoo email you want to restore. Then, click Move and select Inbox to get out of the Trash folder.
Method 3. Send a Restore Requestion to Yahoo
If you can't find deleted Yahoo emails in the “Trash” folder or empty them, you still can send a request to ask Yahoo to restore your emails. This works within 7 days, but the restoration isn’t always successfully.
Step 1. Go to the Yahoo help page and click Send a Restore Request. It will ask you to log in with Yahoo.
Step 2. After logging in with Yahoo, it will display the Email a specialist page and ask you to fill up the recovery form.
- Describe the problem: Select Mail: Accidentally deleted messages on webMail. There is also an option of the mobile devices.
- When did you last see the missing messages: Select the time in the drop-down memu.
- Yahoo ID: Enter your Yahoo ID or email address.
- Email address that you have access to: Enter a secondary email address so that Yahoo can easily contact you.
Step 3. Check the CAPTCHA test and click Create Request. Yahoo will restore your Yahoo emails to the state it was in at the specified time from a backup copy, forward, or download any new message. The process will take a day or two, depending on how many emails you need to restore.
- The backup copies will replace your existing email boxes and folders and can’t be canceled.
- Emails in the Sent, Archive, Custom and Trash folder will be restored to the Inbox folder.
- Emails in the Spam and Draft folder will not be restored.
- Non-email messages, such as marketing mailing lists have discounts, coupons, and deals that can't be restored.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Yahoo
If you have deleted Yahoo emails for more than 30 days or longer, they have been completely deleted. How to recover deleted emails from Yahoo after 30 days, 2 years, or more? Worry not, you still can recover them if they have not been overwritten in the following two situations:
- You save your important emails on the local computer.
- You create a backup of your emails on a local disk but accidentally deleted them.
To recover permanently deleted emails from Yahoo, you need professional email data recovery software - MyRecover. It is able to recover emails, compressed files, pictures, videos, and more than 200+ file types successfully and quickly.
- Support two advanced scanning methods - Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It helps to find all the deleted and lost files.
- Filter specific files quickly with Type, Date Modified & Size and recover them immediately once it’s found. Don’t need to wait until the scanning process is complete.
- Keep the original file name, format, quality, and path of recovered files or folders.
- Recover data from HDD, SSD, USB, SD card, etc with a high success rate and fast speed.
- Recover lost or deleted data from accidental deletion, format, virus infection, as well as other data loss scenarios, etc.
Get this easy-to-use data recovery tool and proceed with the guide below to recover deleted emails from Yahoo after 30 days. Support Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc, and Windows Server.
Step 1. Run Windows data recovery software - MyRecover. Select the disk or partition containing deleted emails and click Start Scan.
Step 2. The combined scanning methods - Quick Scan & Deep Scan will automatically start. Any scanned emails or backup images containing emails will be displayed below. You can recover them right now or wait for the scanning result.
You can also click Filter to search for the full name of your email or backup image (It’s usually displayed as a compressed file). It will find out the filtered data quickly. Here are 3 options in the following:
- Type: It will contain all the file types in the local drive, such as, images, videos, documents, mails, webpage, compressed files, etc.
- Date Modified: It supports today, yesterday, last 7 days, last 30 days, and custom.
- Size: It allows you to filter file size from less than 128KB to 128KB ~1MB to 1MB ~ 512MB and above, or custom.
To retrieve deleted emails or backup images containing emails, type the full name of your emails in the Search for files or folders box. Or click Filter, select Type and Compressed files.
Step 3. Select emails or backup image containing emails and click Recover xx files to recover deleted emails from Yahoo after 30 days or more.
- MyRecover will display the number of files to be recovered and their entire size. You can free recover files up to 30MB each time. To recover unlimited files, please upgrade MyRecover.
- Select a new location to store the deleted files. Retrieving files to original location may overwrite the space of deleted data, resulting in data recovery failure.
- Except for emails or compressed files, you can also recover Excel files, Word documents, PPT, videos, images, etc.
- Except for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc, it still can recover deleted files from Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022, etc.
✍ Why have my old emails disappeared in Yahoo?
Still now, there are many reasons for your Yahoo emails disappeared, such as insufficient storage space, accidental deletion, outage conditions of Yahoo Mail, synchronization issues, or improper setup of Yahoo accounts.
✍ How to find the deleted Yahoo emails
The deleted emails will be moved to the Trash folder. So please check it first. If you cannot find it in the Trash folder, type file name in the search box or use the Advanced search option.
✍ How can I recover deleted emails from Yahoo after 2 years?
Generally speaking, emails deleted 2 years ago are not recoverable. This is because it is more likely to be overwritten by new data. If it means a lot to you, you can choose to recover them with professional data recovery software like MyRecover or a specified data recovery service.
✍ How to backup Yahoo emails automatically
You need a professional Windows backup software - AOMEI Backupper. It has a feature named Outlook Backup, which is able to backup Yahoo emails. It requires you to download Outlook and connect your Yahoo emails.
✍ How do I recover deleted emails from Gmail?
Similar to Yahoo Email, it has a Trash folder, which will keep deleted emails within 30 days. You can check the Trash folder first as long as you realize data loss.
How to recover deleted emails from Yahoo? Since Yahoo will keep your deleted emails in the Trash folder for 7 days, you could check the Recycle Bin folder as long as you find any data loss. The same is true for recovering deleted Yahoo emails on Android or iPhone.
If it’s still not working, you can try to Send a restore request to Yahoo and ask it to restore emails from the backup. The last resort is to use professional data recovery software - MyRecover. The premise is your deleted data will not be overwritten.