About M.2 solid state drive (SSD)
M.2 SSD is a solid state drive, known as the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF), which is especially designed for the small devices like Ultrabooks or Tablets. Here are some features for it.
1. Has smaller size, high-performance, lower consumption.
2. More flexible to use with many board size options.
3. Support PCIe, SATA and USB interface.
Why clone M.2 SSD to M.2 SSD drive?
Here are 3 main reasons in the following why do you want to clone M.2 SSD to another M.2 SSD.
Get larger capacity. Typically, the brand computers will install an M.2 SSD drive as boot disk, however, it will be filled up eventually after a long time use. So you may want to clone M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD drive to expand disk space.
Get better performance. You may find that your computer run smoothly at first, but it will get slower and slower after a period of time. That is because your computer does not have enough space and you need a bigger M.2 SSD.
Replace the damaged disk. Owing to many unexpected error, such as, virus, hardware failure, your disk may be corrupted. In this situation, clone failing hard drive to prevent data loss and replace the old disk with the new one could be the best choice.
The best free M.2 SSD cloner - AOMEI Backupper
To be honest, there are so many M.2 drive duplicator you can find on the Internet, but it’s difficult to distinguish which one is the best. Here, It's strongly recommended to try the free M.2 cloner - AOMEI Backupper Standard, because of its advantages in the following.
Ensure secure boot after cloning M.2 SSD drive.
Support cloning all branded M.2 SSD disk, whether PCIe, NVME or SATA, such as, WD M.2 SSD, Samsung M.2 SSD, SanDisk M.2 SSD, etc.
Support all the Windows PC operating systems, including Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, (including all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit).
Improve the performance of M.2 SSD disk and its lifespan with the powerful feature “SSD Alignment”.
Clone M.2 SSD to M.2 SSD in Windows 10/8/7 effortlessly
Below text, we will describe you how to clone M2 SSD with the best free M2 cloner. Before you start to clone, you need do something in the following.
Now, see below and learn the detailed steps to clone M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD with M2 cloner in Windows 10/8/7.
1. Connect the larger M.2 SSD to your computer via M.2 clone adapter and make sure it can be detected. Open the M.2 SSD cloner to its main interface after the installation. Select Clone > Disk Clone in turn.
2. Choose the smaller M.2 SSD drive as the source disk to clone, go to Next.
3. Select the larger M.2 SSD as the destination disk, go Next.
4. Tick SSD Alignment to optimize the performance for M.2 SSD disk and click Start Clone to perform m2 clone safely with M.2 SSD cloner.
Besides, You have another way to get everything transferred: AOMEI Backupper allows you to backup M.2 SSD drive to external hard drive, then restore disk image to larger M.2 SSD with WinPE bootable media created by AOMEI Backupper (or under AOMEI Backupper Recovery environment). If you are planing to clone Windows 10 operating system to M.2 SSD without any issues, please upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional to try system clone feature.
How to boot from the cloned M.2 SSD?
1. Remove the mounting screw from the M.2 slot and take out the old M.2 SSD.
2. Plug the new M.2 SSD into the slot and pay attention to the notch.
3. Secure the M.2 SSD with the mounting screw removed earlier. Then, replace the back panel.
4. Start your computer and press the specified key in the initial screen (eg: F2, ESC) to access BIOS, then make sure that the PCI Express X4_3 Slot Bandwidth is M.2 mode and Storage Boot Option Control is UEFI. After that, save the changes and exit BIOS.
Now, you could boot from the cloned M.2 SSD drive and use your computer as normal.
In the end
To clone M 2 to M 2 SSD effortless, you need a great M.2 SSD cloner like AOMEI Backupper. It could not only clone hard drive with secure boot, but also improve the performance of your computer. On its advanced version, you are allowed to adjust the partition size of destination disk and fix the cloned hard drive show wrong size.
If you want to protect unlimited PCs and Servers, you could consider using AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus to enjoy more advanced features, like command line utility to backup/restore/clone, migrate OS to SSD, restore to dissimilar hardware computer, delete old backup images after exceeding the backup number to retain, etc.