What Should I Use to Backup My Computer? (Freeware)
What to use to backup computer files? A fabulous backup software can backup computer files without effort, and AOMEI Backupper is the one you should use for computer backup.
Backing up computer files is important
There are so many important files we store on the computer. However, storing all files on the same hard drive is dangerous. Once your laptop is stolen, all the data will be lost permanently. You may suffer other bad situations, such as hard drive destruction, system crash, hacker attack, natural disasters, etc.
To secure the data, backing them up is the most effective way. Don’t worry, this article will tell you what to use to backup computer files later.
What files should you backup?
We store many kinds of data on our computer: the official documents, music & videos, photos, and so many files. But what should you backup? Here are two basic suggestions:
- The files which are important to you. You can decide what files you want to backup. The business projects, the photos with a lot of memories, etc.
- The programs, applications and the files that boot your system. If you backup those files, once your system gets in trouble, you can use it to restore system.
Where can you backup computer files?
Where can you store your file backup? Actually, there are many choices for you.
- Backup files to another local hard drive. You can backup files to another different partition or hard drive. But internal hard drive can be affected by computer errors, and if the hard drive is destroyed, the replication will disappear, too.
- Backup files to an external hard drive. This could be the simplest way to backup computer files. You can just plug in an external hard drive and choose it as the backup destination.
- Backup computer files over the network. This is a popular way to backup files now. You can backup data to NAS or network share.
- Backup computer files to cloud. You do not need another hard drive and you can store files on cloud storage like OneDrive and Google Drive, which is very convenient.
What to use to backup computer files?
So, the question is what to use to backup computer files? You can use the simplest copy & paste way to replicate the files from one hard drive to another place; or you can use Windows built-in backup utility; you can also use third party software to backup computer files.
What’s the best way to backup computer files? The copy & paste way is only suitable for backing up a small number of files. And when you use Windows backup tool to backup computer files, you may find its shortages: it cannot backup a single file, and it cannot compress large files. Thereby, the best way to backup your computer files is to find all-around backup software.
A good backup software should be able to backup files automatically by creating a backup schedule. It should support to backup a lot of files and folders or just backup a single file. It can backup large files, and it can compress the backup image to save the storage space taken.
Best free backup software for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
Based on the above information, AOMEI Backupper should be the best backup software you can use to backup computer files.
Download AOMEI Backupper, install and launch it. Click Backup > File Backup and follow the guide to complete the backup.
If you have an AOMEI account, you can choose to backup files to AOMEI Cloud with the Cloud Backup feature. And it still offers you 1TB of free cloud storage in 15 days.
Using AOMEI Backupper to backup computer files should be the best way to finish the job. Besides, AOMEI Backupper provides you with many other utilities: clone HDD to SSD, sync local folders to OneDrive, create bootable disc and so on. Why not give it a shot?