Toshiba HDD Recovery Not Working: Quick Workarounds
Fail to repair your PC using Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility? Don’t worry! Learn efficient ways to repair your computer from this page.
The issue: Toshiba HDD Recovery not working
Some Toshiba notebook computer models include the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility, which is stored in a special partition on the hard disk drive, along with the system files used to restore disk to its factory default state. To access Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility, you should shutdown your computer, press and hold the 0 key, and then press the power button. When the computer turns on, you will see the screen of Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility:
However, some users find Toshiba factory reset 0 not working when they are trying to access Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility. Here is a real case:
“I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D that I am trying to do a factory recovery on. I have found how to supposedly access the recovery but it does not work. You are supposed to power off the laptop and hold down the zero (0) key and then press the power button...but it does not work.
I can boot up with a Windows disc, BartPE, Hiren...etc. and I can see the 12 GB recovery partition, but can't get to it. Does anyone know how to bring up the factory recovery menu besides using the zero key thing?”
Apart from the Toshiba HDD Recovery not available problem, some users also find their Toshiba laptop gets stuck on 14% in the factory reset process. What can you do to repair your PC when Toshiba HDD Recovery not working? Please read on.
How to repair your PC when Toshiba HDD Recovery not working
When you encounter the issue of Toshiba HDD Recovery not working, you can repair your PC with two workarounds offered below:
Method 1: Run automatic repair
1. Power off your computer.
2. Power on your computer. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down.
3. Repeat this process a few times until you see the “Preparing Automatic Repair” screen.
4. When you get to the “Automatic Repair” screen, select Advanced Options > Troubleshoot.
5. Select Refresh your PC if you do not wish to erase data, or choose Reset your PC to erase all data and restore your system.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions until the recovery is completed. If your Toshiba computer still has problems after refreshing or resetting, you may go to Method 2.
Method 2: Clean install Windows
Bear in mind that clean installation of Windows will cause total data loss. Backup important files before you rush to following steps. Here we take Windows 10 as an example:
1. Download the media creation tool from Microsoft. Click the Download tool now button to save the installer on your computer.
2. Right click the MediaCreationTool.exe and select Run as administrator.
3. On the License terms page, select Accept.
4. On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
5. It should recognize automatically your current version of Windows if you currently run Windows 10. Leave the Use the recommended options for this PC checkbox checked and click Next.
6. Dot at USB flash drive and click Next.
7. Plug an empty USB flash drive (at least 4GB) on the computer and click Next.
8. Media Creation Tool will now begin to download the Windows 10 installation files. Click Finish when you see “Your USB flash drive is ready”.
9. Restart your computer with the Windows installation USB inserted, and boot from the USB.
10. Select Install now once the Windows installer starts. Follow the wizard to finish Windows installation.
Tips: You will see the activation screen after clicking “Install now”, click “I don’t have a product key” if you’ve ever installed and activated Windows 10 on this computer before. Windows will automatically activate once it’s installed.
Although you can repair your Toshiba computer with these two methods, the recovery process is really time-consuming. Moreover, you have to reinstall all your applications and enter theme customizations and other settings after recovery if you pick Method 2. Is there an easier way to repair your PC when Toshiba HDD Recovery is not available?
Powerful Toshiba HDD recovery tool you can try🔥
Things would be easier if you have your Toshiba computer backed up with the specialized backup software—AOMEI Backupper Professional.
- It offers all-around backup solutions to you: System/Disk/Partition/File Backup, which can meet your different needs.
- To ensure your backups are kept up to date, you can schedule backups to run at fixed intervals.
- To release disk space occupied by accumulated backup images, you can enable Backup Scheme to remove older backups automatically.
- All Windows PC operating systems like Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP are supported.
Just download this Toshiba HDD recovery tool to have a try. You can perform disk backup to backup everything on the Toshiba HDD and restore the disk from the backup when serious errors occur. With the intuitive interface, all you need to do to perform backup & restore are a few clicks!
Wrapping things up
Two workarounds to Toshiba HDD Recovery not working are described in this article. To be saved from the complicated steps, you may try AOMEI Backupper backup & restore. The operations are easy and there are flexible backup options you can choose from.