NETGEAR ReadyNAS backup solution
NETGEAR is an American global networking company that delivers products to consumers, business and service provides. NETGEAR sells a line of premium NAS devices to small business and consumers under the product name ReadyNAS.
In March 2009, NETGEAR began to offer ReadyNAS Vault, which is a cloud backup solution pre-installed or readily available on all ReadyNAS systems as an installable application. ReadyNAS Vault is file-level backup. You can select specific directories to include (or exclude) and apply different rules regarding versions, archives, and scheduling to each backup job.
However, ReadyNAS Vault is not a free backup solution. It does offer a 30-day free trial, but you will need to pay for the monthly subscription if you want to continue using it. Therefore, I'd like to introduce another free backup tool AOMEI Backupper that can help you backup data from computer to Ready NAS, from Ready NAS to cloud, etc.
Create automated backup task with ReadyNAS Vault
ReadyNAS Vault will first require you to register for an account here: http://www.readynasvault.com/cloudfs/. Once registered, you can enable the ReadyNAS Vault and log into the application.
1. Start from your ReadyNAS local admin page. (The local admin page is a browser-based interface that you use to configure and manage your ReadyNAS system.)
2. Select Backup > Backup > Jobs, click the Add Backup button, and provide backup job details.
3. Click Next to set the schedule as needed.
Backup data to or from NETGEAR ReadyNAS via free software
AOMEI Backupper is a free and professional backup software that supports NETGEAR ReadyNAS, Synogology NAS, QNAP NAS, etc. It works with all Windows OS (11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP) and enables you create File Backup, Partition Backup, System Backup, Disk Backup. If you want to sync directories from NETGEAR ReadyNAS without compression, you can also use the Basic Sync feature.
There are also many useful options, such as backup schedule, incremental or differential backup, compression, encryption, etc.
Download the freeware to have a try:
How to backup data to NETGEAR ReadyNAS:
1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper. Click Backup on the left pane, then you can choose File Backup to back up specific folders, System Backup to back up the operating system ,etc.
2. Select the ReadyNAS as the destination. Click the inverted triangle to select Add Share or NAS Devices in the drop-down menu, enter the network path of your NAS and select a specific folder as the target path.
3. Then you can click Start Backup to execute the operation. Before that, you can also Schedule Backup or manage more backup Options.
- Backup Option - encrypt, compress, backup only used sectors (by default) or do sector by sector backup.
- Schedule Backup - autorun the backup job at exact time daily, weekly or monthly, etc.
- Backup Scheme - choose to perform full, incremental or differential backup. You can also enable the automatic backup cleanup to save storage space (available in Professional edition).
How to sync directories from NETGEAR ReadyNAS to cloud:
As an effective alternative to ReadyNAS Vault, AOMEI Backupper also enables you to backup or sync folders from NAS to cloud. Here I will introduce how to synchronize data to Google Drive as an example.
1. Switch to Sync tab and choose Basic Sync to get started. You can also choose Real-Time Sync (available in advanced editions) to sync changed data in real time instead of schedule based.
2. Click + Add Folder and Share/NAS in the pop-up window. Hit Add Share or NAS Devices on the left-bottom corner to enter the path or your NETGEAR ReadyNAS. Then choose the specific folders you want to protect.
3. Click the inverted triangle and choose Select a cloud drive in the drop-down menu. Then you can select the cloud service (Google Drive/OneDrive/Dropbox) you want as the destination.
4. Confirm the operation and click Start Sync to execute the task. You can also manage sync settings in Options and Schedule Sync.
AOMEI Backupper is a great NETGEAR ReadyNAS backup software. With it, you can easily backup data to ReadyNAS or copy folders from ReadyNAS to cloud.
Not only NETGEAR ReadyNAS, you can also use it for Synology NAS backup, QNAP NAS backup, NAS mirror backup and so on.