You can find the global settings under the menu button in the top right corner of the program, also when creating a new task of the given computers, you can set up a task set by clicking the Settings button.
The Normal level is selected by default and is recommended, but you may also select Higher or None. See more details as follows:
· None: Data will be imaged without any compression, so the image file size will be equal to your original data.
· Normal: Data will be compressed to a moderate level. It is a recommended compression level.
· High: A much higher compression level is used during the backup. The image file will be smaller than other levels but the backup will take a longer time to complete.
Note that some types of files are already compressed, such as .jpg, .pdf, or .mp3. If your backup contains a lot of such files, then the generated image file might not obviously be compressed even when a High level is selected.
Image files can be split into several smaller files to fit into different smaller storage media. The program supports automatically splitting one image file into several parts during the backup process.
· Automatic: The split size depends on the file system of the destination storage medium.
· Customized size: Input a proper value and the image will be split into this size. Note that the minimum file size is 50MB.
AOMEI Centralized Backupper allows you to select different backup modes for System/Disk/partition backup.
· Intelligent Sector Backup: Only backs up the used sectors(blocks)of file systems. This will reduce the size of the image file and backup time.
· Make an Exact Backup(a.k.a Sector by Sector Backup): This option will back up all sectors(blocks) of the disks or partitions whether they are in use or not.
VSS is short for Volume Shadow Copy Service. This technology allows you to continue working while the backup is in progress. If you don’t use VSS, the program will automatically use the built-in technique instead of offline backup. Choose one of the modes to begin your backup task.
Note: There are several paths and file type are excluded by Microsoft VSS, like Windows Upgrade list and Outlook *.OST file, you can select “Don’t use VSS” to include them in the backup file.
You can find the exclusion list under registry(regedit) path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToSnapshot
In unattended operations, you may wish to be informed about the results of backup plans. This function can be used to send a report of the execution result to an email address you provide. There are two email servers available for sending the email notification: Hotmail server and Gmail server.
Enter your Hotmail or Gmail account and password as notification sender and then type an email address as the notification receiver.
Note: You need to enable email notification when you create a backup task under Settings-->General.
Generally, if there are too many clients (such as, 10 or 20 computers) backing up to same NAS or Network share storage simultaneously, it will slow down the overall speed of writing to NAS, you can restrict the numbers of clients that can be backed up at the same time based on the LAN bandwidth and the storage server's capacity. Eg: set the number to 3, so, there only are 3 computers backing up data to target drive at the same time.
If there are clients from different subnets. for example, AOMEI Centralized Backupper is connected to network 192.168.1.1, and you want to manage clients under192.168.4.1, you can enter 192.168.4 in the textbox below Enable IP Segments Management checkbox to allow AOMEI Centralized Backupper control those clients.
You need to add IP segments one by one to the box.
You can input IP segments in batch via importing a text file. Please create a text file and input IP segments to text: each line with one IP segment.
Directly exit the program when closing the main window.
Hide the tray icon while the client computers start performing the backup task.
Choose Language: you can select a language from the drop-down list.
For specific task settings, there are other options available:
· Comments:You can make comments for the current task so that you can find it easily
· Encryption: You can encrypt your backup image for this current task so that others can not access the data within.