Best Software to Clone Disk in Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Pick the most reliable and professional Windows Server clone software to clone hard drive to new drive or SSD in Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 with simple clicks.
In need of Windows Server clone software
Cloning hard drive becomes very common owing to various reasons, and it turns out that is an efficient way to transfer data and operating system. Technology development in physical hard drives and software plays important role in this action. However, users would like to trigger the hard drive cloning action when they confront these situations.
Upgrade hard drive. New disk that embeds with higher configurations is produced constantly. HDDs with greater capacity and SSDs with better performance are ideal replacements for old or small hard drives.
Move Server operating system. Some users choose to clone Windows Server hard drive to SSD to improve Server running speed and use the old hard drive as secondary storage. Actually, using SSD for OS and HDD for storage is quite popular among desktop users.
For backup. Compared to traditional image backup method, this clone duplication has the advantage of faster to rescue in disasters for it doesn’t need the step of restoring. For companies, it reduces Server shut-down time and saves financial loss to the largest extent.
Some other reasons may not be listed here, but what counts next is to find out the most suitable clone Server software to execute cloning in Windows Server 2003, 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2), 2016 or 2019.
Reliable disk clone software for Windows Server 2003 and higher
Plenty of Server cloning software claims they can clone hard drive for Server without a problem. But there are some points you need to take into consideration. Is the cloning software professional enough to complete the entire cloning progress? Is the software easy to operate so that you can avoid unnecessary error operations?
To ensure Windows Server is cloned successfully and boots up normally later, AOMEI Backupper Server, dedicated cloning software for Server operating systems, is recommended. The software earns its own reputation among users all over the world due to its high performance and reliability in cloning.
- It offers the Disk Clone feature that supports two cloning methods, sector by sector clone and intelligent clone (default). The latter allows you to clone larger drive to smaller drive with ease.
- The Disk Clone feature will clone all partitions including hidden ones to the target disk.
- The software will align partitions to optimize SSD performance if you clone Windows Server to SSD.
- It has a lucid and user-friendly interface which is a big help for users who have less computer experience. For advanced users, the software supports command line operations like clone hard drive in Command Prompt to execute unattended tasks.
- All Server operating systems are supported, comprising the latest Windows Server 2022.
Get the software to clone hard drive in Windows Server 2008 or other OSes now.
How to clone disk in Windows Server step by step
- Connect a target disk to Windows Server machine. Make sure it can be detected.
- Download and run AOMEI Backupper Server on the same machine (The clone feature is the free trial can only be demonstrated. You need to upgrade to the full version to enjoy ).
- If you want to clone hard drive without booting Windows, you may create a bootable device first.
Take Windows Server 2008 as an example. Learn how to run Windows Server 2008 cloning hard drive below.
Step 1. Click "Clone" option on the left tab and select "Disk Clone".
Step 2. The program will display all hard drives on your server. Here you need to select the source hard drive you want to clone from, and then click "Next" to continue.
Step 3. Here you need to select the destination hard drive to which you will clone Windows Server hard drive, and then click "Next" to continue.
Step 4. Now you can preview the hard drive clone. To perform the operation, click "Start Clone".
Step 5. On completion, you need to remove old hard drive to test if the new disk works or not. Or, you can change boot priority to the new disk in BIOS and boot from it. It is suggested to try the first method to test thoroughly.
To move only operating system drive, please select "System Clone" at Step 1. To learn more, refer to clone Windows Server 2011 to new drive.
Edit Partitions: to resize partitions on new disk so as to make full use of disk space on the target disk.
Sector by sector clone: to clone every sector from source disk, whether it is used or not. By checking this option, you will not be able to edit partitions.
SSD Alignment: SSD 4K alignment to improve its performance and lifespan while cloning disk to SSD.
AOMEI Backupper Server could be the most reliable software to clone hard drive in Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 and 2022. Actually, it supports backup and sync Windows Server as well. Therefore, it is suggested to keep it installed after cloning to protect your Server all around.
Notice: if you’re an administrator for Enterprises or Companies, the AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus is recommended for this license supports unlimited activation. It also creates a recurring revenue stream by offering technical support as a service to your customers.