The case: looking for Windows backup and sync software
Best backup software for Windows
I need to install backup software on a Windows 10 laptop and on a Windows 7 laptop. The software needs to: 1. Backup to a USB external HDD. 2. Automatically backup on a set schedule, once a week. 3. Delete old backups when space runs out on the HDD. Which software is recommended there?
File sync software suggestions?
Hello, I need a free program that checks folder A (and all subfolders) and copies changes across to folder B (and subfolders). It should be reliable (i.e not crash in the middle of a sync job), do the job accurately and have a relatively simple interface.
I have been using FreeFileSync for a while now which does this well but with the amount of adware being bundled of late. I am looking for an alternative. Any suggestions?
- Question from Tenforums.com
Nowadays, more and more people realize the importance of backup and would like to have a backup for their crucial data. If you have suffered from data loss caused by human error, hard drive crash, virus attack and the like, you may be eager to find a reliable backup program as well.
What’s more, there is a great demand for file sync software that can help copy files between two folders, two drives, or even two computers. Shall we use two tools - one for backup and one for sync, or one tool is enough? Please read on.
Best backup and sync software for Windows 10/8/7
It would be great if there is a program that combines the backup and sync functions. AOMEI Backupper Standard, the best free Windows backup and sync software, is such a tool you are looking for.
It allows you to backup the operating system, an HDD/SSD or a specified partition. You can also select certain files/folders to be backed up.
It is embedded with the Schedule feature that enables you to perform daily/weekly/monthly backup.
It offers various backup options, including email notification, image compression, and backup priority, etc.
It supports syncing files between various locations, such as sync a laptop and a desktop, sync two external hard drives and so on.
It allows you to sync PC files to NAS devices or cloud service and vice versa. All kinds of NAS devices (WD, Seagate, and Synology, etc.) and various cloud drives (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, SugarSync, hubiC and Cloudme) are supported.
It can sync changed files from the source directory to the destination directory automatically if you enable sync schedule.
You don’t need to worry about your computer know-how, because AOMEI Backupper has a user-friendly interface. Download and install it on your PC right now!
How to backup or sync files in Windows 10 easily?
In this part, I’ll show you how to do file backup and file sync in Windows 10 separately:
Backup files to USB on Windows 10
1. Connect the target USB drive to your computer. Run this free backup software for Windows 10, click Backup and select File Backup.
2. Edit the task name based on your need. Then, click Add Folder or Add File to choose the folders or files you want to backup.
3. Choose the USB drive as the destination path to store image files. You are also allowed to backup to a local disk, an external hard drive, and a network location, etc.
4. Confirm your settings and click Start Backup to proceed.
● You may click Schedule to set up an automatic backup to keep the backup version up-to-date. If you’d like to have old backups deleted automatically, you may upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional and enable Scheme.
● If you want to restore to a previous version or recover lost files, just click Restore > Select Task/Select Image File and follow the wizard to finish the process.
Sync files to another folder on Windows 10
1. Launch the free sync software for Windows 10, click Sync and select Basic Sync.
✎ Tip: Basic Sync is one-way sync actually. If you want changes to be synced from the source folder to the destination folder and vice versa, you may perform Two-Way Sync in higher editions.
2. Name the sync task if needed. Then, click Add Folder to select the folder to be synchronized. You are able to select multiple folders as source folders in one sync task.
3. Select another folder to keep the synced files. The destination folder can be located on a local/external disk, an NAS device or a cloud drive.
4. Click Schedule to run automatic sync if necessary. Review your settings and click Start Sync.
If you are in need of free backup and sync software for Windows 10/8/7, AOMEI Backupper is the best choice. It can meet all your needs with respect to backup and sync, such as create system image on USB and sync local folders to OneDrive. Why not give it a shot?