What's Real-Time Backup?
Real-time backup, also known as continuous data protection (CDP), means to backup computer data by automatically saving a copy of each change so as to capture every version of saved data.
In traditional way, your data can only be restored to the point at which the backup was done. But with real-time backup, once the data is written to your disk, it is written to the destination directory as well, which is obviously more convenient and accurate than performing backup manually after each change.
If you want to auto backup important data to another location and keep it in sync with the source, or edit the latest version from another device, real-time backup could be a good choice.
Best Real-Time Backup Software - AOMEI Backupper
You can find many real time backup software for Windows on the market that claim to have the real-time backup ability. But most of the real time backup software have limitations. Even the most popular one - Clouds backup has a very limited storage for basic individuals, while the budget for annual premium plan is absolutely not cheap.
In this case, it’s highly recommended to use robust real time sync software with complete modes & options including real-time backup, and also at an affordable price. The best real time sync software - AOMEI Backupper Professional is an ideal choice.
- It supports Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, XP, Vista.
- It allows you to backup data to local disk, external drive, cloud drive, NAS and so on.
- It provides Real-Time Sync feature to detect changed files since the first full synchronization and synchronize them in real time from the source to destination path.
Please download the real time backup software free trial (30 day) to have a try.
How to Perform Real-Time Sync with AOMEI Backupper?
It’s easy to operate with AOMEI Backupper Professional, which has an intuitive and user-friendly interface. Here is how to perform real time sync with real time backup software.
1. Launch the real time backup software. Select Real-Time Sync under Sync tab.
2. Click Add Folder to select one or multiple folders you want to sync, and then select a destination path.
3. Click Start Sync to do real time sync to keep all the data up to date, and hit Finish when it's done.
Other sync features you may be interested in:
- Mirror Sync: it can keep the files in the destination directory exactly the same as the source directory. Any extra files in the destination folder will be deleted.
- Two-Way Sync: it will sync on both ways. Any changes in source or destination directory will be synced to the other side.
- Sync schedule: if you use Basic Sync, Mirror Sync, or Two-Way Sync, you can click the Schedule button to perform automatic sync at regular intervals, such as Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, USB plug in.
The best real time backup software - AOMEI Backupper Professional enables you to sync changed files from the source directory to the destination directory in real time. In addition to real time data backup, it also has the ability to perform incremental or differential backup, system backup, system clone, etc. It's not only a real-time backup software, but an all-in-one data backup & disaster recovery solution.