The issue: WD Sync not working
WD Sync allows files to be synchronized across multiple computers connected to a My Cloud NAS device. Adding, deleting or modifying files in one location will lead to the same changes in the other locations. WD Sync is not a backup software, so you can’t restore files that have been deleted with WD Sync.
Nevertheless, some users find WD Sync not working sometimes. Here are two common issues:
◈ WD Sync is unable to sync from the NAS to the client.
◈ WD Sync displays “No Storage Devices Found” or “My Cloud Not Seen”.
How to fix WD Sync not working error? Please move on to the next part.
Solutions to WD Sync not working in Windows 10
I’ll show you how to resolve WD Sync not working in Windows 10 under the two circumstances mentioned above one by one:
Case 1: WD Sync is unable to sync from the NAS to the client.
This issue could be caused by disabled Cloud Access. Follow the steps below to fix it:
1. Login to the My Cloud Dashboard.
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Scroll down to Cloud Access. Turn ON the Cloud Service and click “OK”.
▪ If you have already turned on the Cloud Service but the Connection Status shows Not Connected, turn OFF and ON the Cloud Service to resolve the issue.
▪ If you are still having trouble, try to reboot your My Cloud device and make sure the Cloud Access status shows Connected after the reboot.
Case 2: WD Sync displays “No Storage Devices Found” or “My Cloud Not Seen”.
This issue is related to remote access and network connection failures. Several solutions are provided below:
1. A power cycle may be required to achieve full networking functionality:
Power OFF the Router, Gateway and/or Switch.
Power ON the Router, Gateway and/or Switch.
Power OFF the My Cloud.
Power ON the My Cloud.
2. My Cloud firmware update: ensure the My Cloud firmware is up to date.
3. My Cloud user email address update:
Login to the My Cloud Dashboard.
Click the Users tab and select the user.
Re-enter the email address of the user and click Update.
4. My Cloud port filtering and blocking: consult with your Network Administrator or ISP to verify that your router is not blocking incoming and outgoing traffic from non-standard ports between 9000 and 9999.
5. Anti-virus and firewall software: check your local PC Firewall, anti-virus, Malware, Internet Security and End Point Protection software to ensure ports are not blocked.
For more WD Sync not working issues, please resort to WD Support. When WD Sync is unable to sync files, you must be wondering if there is a superior software to work as WD Sync alternative. Surely there is!
Find the best freeware as WD Sync alternative
If you are looking for a WD Sync alternative, the best free file sync software - AOMEI Backupper Standard can be your best choice.
Sync between various locations: you are able to sync files from one folder, drive, or computer to another. You can also sync local folders to a cloud drive or NAS device as well as the other way around.
Automatic sync: you are allowed to set a schedule for a sync task so that new changes will be synchronized automatically.
Learn how to sync files from a Windows PC to a My Cloud NAS device below:
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper. Click “Sync” on the left pane and select “Basic Sync”.
2. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click “Add Folder” to select the folder you want to synchronize. Then, click the second bar to specify the destination path.
3. In the pop-up window, select “Share/NAS”.
4. In the Select Share/NAS Device window, click “Add Share or NAS Devices”. Then, type the IP address of the My Cloud device and click “OK”.
5. After the NAS device has been added, all the folders under this NAS device will be listed. Choose one folder to store the synced data and click “OK”.
6. Click on “Start Sync” button to perform the operation.
▪ Don’t modify the source folder name after doing file sync, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
▪ To sync changed files to WD My Cloud without delay, please upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional and use the “Real-time Sync” feature.
When you encounter WD Sync not working error, you can try the solutions offered in this article to fix the error or just use AOMEI Backupper as alternative. Actually, AOMEI Backupper supports all kinds of NAS devices, including WD, Synology, and QNAP. It can help you sync local folders with Synology NAS as well. Why not try it now?