Transfer Data to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB Even for Large Files
You will find the best free way to transfer files to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, even for larger files. Scroll for details and steps.
Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB Overview
Speaking of USB flash drive, you will think of the famous USB drive brands, like Kingston, PNY, Transcend, ADATA, and SanDisk, etc. However, you cannot ignore the outstanding Lexar USB drive in the field of memory solutions.
Lexar Media, Inc. is an American manufacturer of digital media products, the products include USB flash drives, card readers, compactflash, SDHC, SDXC, micro SD cards, M.2 NVMe SSD and SATA SSD and more. One of the products called Lexar JumpDrive Tough, which is an ultra-durable version of its USB 3.1 flash drive series. Below are advantages of it:
Transfer data faster. Its data read and write speeds up to 150 MB/s and 60 MB/s separately.
Resistant to larger temperature differences, from -13°F to 300°F.
Water resistant at depths up to 98 feet.
Protect files with 256-bit AES encryption.
Compatible with PC and Mac OS.
Simple plug-and-play design.
The Lexar JumpDrive Tough has three editions: 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB.
Therefore, your data will be transferred faster and stored more securely if you use Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB. By the way, Lexar has other USB flash drives, like Lexar JumpDrive C20i, S45, S50, S75, etc.
Need to Transfer Data to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB
Under some conditions, you have to transfer data to Lexar JumpDrive Tough to make data safe or for a certain reason:
Back up your essential data like design documents, camera pictures, work files, etc. in case of data loss.
Migrate Windows operating system (OS) to Lexar JumpDrive Tough in the event of system failure.
Create bootable media with Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB to boot up your computer when encountering a bootup failure.
In this article, we will introduce you to how to transfer data to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB easily. Please scroll down below and learn the detailed steps.
How to Transfer Files to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB Safely
To transfer data safely to Lexar JumpDrive, the best free file transfer software - AOMEI Backupper Standard will do you a big favor. It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and it offers you two methods namely using Basic Sync and File Backup.
- The Basic Sync method keeps the original folder structure of files you transfer and it looks just like a file or folder, so you can use it at any time.
- While for File Backup, it focuses more on data security, to avoid any unwanted changes, it will compress all the data into an image file and requires a file restore before using it.
In view of this, the previous method is much more popular. However, you need to backup files if you want to copy large files to USB flash drive, such as a single file larger than 4GB.
It comes along with the automatic splitting feature, which will split larger files to 4GB exactly. Thus, even if your flash drive is formatted as FAT32, you don't need to format it, which may result in data loss if there is.
Please download AOMEI Backupper Standard and transfer your files in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server!
Method 1: Transfer files to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB
Before you start to transfer files, you need to insert your Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB into your computer to make it can be detected (Find solutions if Lexar flash drive not recognized). If there are large files, files larger than 4GB, you need to format Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB as NTFS or exFAT. If it already has files, try Method 2 in the next part.
1. Open the USB data transfer software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, select Sync and Basic Sync in turn.
2. Click + Add Folder to choose the files or folders to transfer to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB drive, and edit Task Name to distinguish from other backups if required.
3. Choose the Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB as the destination drive to save files.
4. Click Schedule Sync and enable Daily, Weekly, or Monthly settings to keep changes to the selected folder. Optionally, click Options to comment for the sync task, set up fast synchronization, enable email notification, and more.
5. Tap Start Sync >> to transfer data to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB easily.
Method 2: Copy Large Files to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB
If you want to migrate data to Lexar jumpdrive tough USB with files larger than 4GB, this method helps you. So please follow the instructions below.
1. Connect your Lexar jumpdrive tough USB and make sure it is detected. Open AOMEI Backupper Standard, click Backup-> File Backup.
2. Click Add File to choose files you want to backup to Lexar jumpdrive tough USB or click Add Folder to choose folders. And then, choose Lexar jumpdrive tough USB to store them.
3. By default, the Automatic Splitting in Options is enabled when a backup task is enabled and it will split the large files to 4GB or 2GB depending on the file system of Lexar jumpdrive tough USB. Also, you can set Schedule Backup to make it run automatically. And then, click Start Backup to backup large files to Lexar jumpdrive tough USB.
Tip on how to backup files to cloud:
If you have an AOMEI account, in addition to lexar jumpdrive tough, you still can backup files to AOMEI Cloud. It offers you 1TB free storage in 15 days and add an extra layer of your data.
It's easy for you to transfer data to Lexar JumpDrive Tough USB even for large files with the backup and sync feature of AOMEI Backupper Standard. If you want to use files at any time, try Basic Sync method. If you want to copy large files to USB, try File Backup. It will split the file into a smaller size, such as 4GB, and then you can transfer files without interruption.
Except for backing up data, you may still want to migrate Windows 10 operating system to Lexar M.2 SSD or SATA SSD, please try System Clone or Disk Clone. To boot a computer when it does not, try Create Bootable Media. For more advanced features, such as, differential backup, please upgrade to professional version or higher to unlock it.