The problem: files on Lexar USB drive are lost
Lexar JumpDrive enjoys great popularity among computer users for its exceptional durability, fast data transfer and strong compatibility. There are different kinds of Lexar USB drives designed for specific purposes. For example, you can use your fingerprint to protect your files on Lexar JumpDrive F35, and you can tether the drive to a key ring with a convenient key chain hole on Lexar JumpDrive V40.
Fantastic as Lexar flash drives are, you are still likely to lose data on them as a result of accidental deletion, virus attack, drive format error, etc. One user encountered such situation and asked for help in the forum:
I searched the site, but couldn't find anything directly about recovering files that have been deleted off a USB Flash drive. I've got a USB Lexar 256MB key chain drive. Any way to recover files off something like this? The drive is FAT.”
How to recover files on a Lexar USB drive? Please read on.
Prime Lexar recovery software for Lexar USB/SD card
To recover deleted/lost files from Lexar flash drives or SD cards, you will need professional Lexar recovery software. Recoverit Pro comes to help. It enables you to recover lost files from all kinds of Lexar USB drives and SD cards easily and effectively.
All types of data can be retrieved, such as videos, pictures, documents, audio files, emails and so on. Follow the guidance below to recover lost files on a Lexar USB drive using Recoverit:
1. Connect the Lexar USB drive to a Windows PC or Mac and make sure it is detected.
2. Install and run Recoverit. Select the “External Devices Recovery” mode to start.
3. Select the Lexar USB drive and click “Start” to scan for lost data.
4. Wait for the scanning process to be finished. Tick the files you want to retrieve and click “Recover”. After your needed files are recovered, safely disconnect your Lexar USB drive.
If you cannot find your lost files, you can go to deep scan with “All-Around Recovery” mode which will search more files from the Lexar USB drive and consequently consume more time.
Please save all recovered data to another safe storage media to avoid data loss again.
Backup Lexar drive data with a powerful backup utility
As you may keep your personal information, financial records, or other crucial data on your Lexar USB drive, you should resort to an advanced security solution to protect your essential files against corruption, loss, and deletion. A scheduled backup is what you need.
AOMEI Backupper Professional provides you with comprehensive backup solutions.
Learn how to perform a scheduled backup for a Lexar USB drive in detail below. Before you start, you may get Lexar recovery software downloaded first. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server.
1. Connect the Lexar USB drive to a Windows PC and make sure it is detected.
2. Install and run AOMEI Backupper. Click Backup on the left pane and select Disk Backup.
3. Click Add Disk to select the Lexar USB drive as the source disk to be backed up.
4. Click the folder shaped button in the second bar to select a destination path to save the image file.
5. Click Schedule in the bottom. In the pop-up window, select USB plug in from the drop-down list. You can choose to run the task one time every day or not and click OK.
6. Click Start Backup > Add the schedule and start backup now to run the backup. After the backup task is finished, safely disconnect your Lexar USB drive.
>> Options: you can encrypt, compress and split your backup images based on your needs.
>> Scheme: it will delete old image files automatically to save disk space for you.
Note: The next time when you want to recover files on a Lexar USB drive, just try disk restore and you can get your files back in a short time
The prime Lexar recovery software, Recoverit and AOMEI Backupper, can help you with Lexar USB data recovery as well as Lexar SD card data recovery. In addition to the backup & recovery feature, AOMEI Backupper is capable of disk clone. You can use it to perform Samsung Data Migration multiple partitions clone. Don’t hesitate to give it a shot!