Protect and share your folders with Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the biggest cloud file storage and has had 240 million monthly active users in two years since it released in 2012. It has options to store files in the cloud, share files between multiple devices and sync files. Google Drive provides 15GB of free storage as well as paid plans, between 100GB and 30TB, for its users.
Google Drive has website interface, computer app and mobile app versions, which allows user to access stored files from smartphones, tablets and PCs at any time. While sharing files with others, you can also invite them to edit the files. This is quite helpful in group working in company or at school. Therefore, many users would like to sync PC folders to Google Drive, especially when working on a project in collaboration with others.
This article will show you how to efficiently sync multiple folders with Google Drive.
Way 1. Sync folders via Google Drive web or Backup and Sync
To sync desktop folders to Google Drive with Google Drive or Backup and Sync, please refer to the following steps:
Sync folders to Google Drive web one by one
To sync multiple folders with Google Drive, you could use the Folder Upload or File Upload feature of Google Drive web browser to upload folders one by one, here it is:
1. Login your Google Drive Account, click New button at the left side.
2. Choose Folder Upload, and navigate your folder, then click Upload to backup your folders to Google Drive.
Sync multiple folders at once via Google Backup and Sync
If you want to sync multiple folders to Google Drive, Google Backup and Sync could be one of your choices.
1. Please download Google Backup and Sync desktop app, sign in your Google account.
2. At your computer tab, choose multiple folders you would like to sync to Google Drive (click CHOOSE FOLDER to add other folders)).
3. And click OK to perform Google Drive sync multiple folders.
4. Then, Google Drive sync engine will start to automatically sync folders to Google Drive.
Google Backup and Sync not working?
Compared to Google Drive's web broswer, Backup and Sync is more powerful, but you may encounter problems when using it, such as Google Drive not syncing, stuck on "Preparing for Sync", or it stops suddenly. To resolve these problems, you can try restarting Backup and Sync, disconnect and reconnect your account, restart computer, reinstall Backup and Sync, or view the troubleshooting page to find corresponding solution.
But if the problem can still not be solved, maybe you should try an effective alternative.
Way 2. Auto sync multiple folders to Google Drive via effective tool
It’s highly recommended to try the best file sync software - AOMEI Backupper Professional, which is capable of syncing multiple folders from PC to Google Drive or vice versa with simple clicks.
Besides, you can real-time sync changed or newly added files and folders to target path. If necessary, you can also sync folders when specific event triggers, such as user login/logoff and system startup/shutdown.
As a comprehensive backup software, AOMEI Backupper can also help you to create a compressed backup image of files, partitions, OS, disks to cloud drive as well as internal/external drive, USB flash drive, NAS, share folder, etc.
Download the 30-day free trial to have a try.
How to automatically sync folders to Google Drive with AOMEI Backupper?
First, download and install Google Drive app (Google Backup and Sync) on your Windows. Log in your account and keep its installation path in mind. Follow on install and launch AOMEI Backupper Pro.
1. At the main interface, go Sync > Basic Sync. If you want to perform synchronization automatically when the software detects a change in the source directory, then select Real-Time Sync.
2. Click Add Folder to specify directories you want to sync to Google Drive. Network folders are also available. You can change the Task Name to make it easy to distinguish.
3. Then select the target path. Click the small triangle to choose Select a cloud drive in the drop-down menu. All installed cloud drive will be auto detected.
Choose Google Drive from the given options.
4. Click Schedule Backup to set auto synchronization task. Options include Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers and USB plug in. Then, click Start Sync to sync multiple folders to Google Drive.
- Options allows you to write a comment on this task in order to distinguish it from other tasks. You can also enable email notification at sync completion.
- After selecting a source directory, you can hover your pointer over the selection box, click on the funnel icon and specify the type of file you want to exclude.
Write in the End
Find the suitable way to sync multiple folders to Google Drive according to the post. It’s easy to operate even for a novice.
In addition to file sync, AOMEI Backupper is also a hard drive cloning software, which helps you migrate OS to SSD without reinstalling, clone hard drive with bad sectors, etc. If you are running Windows Server, you can also pick the specialized AOMEI Backupper Server edition.