About Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the biggest cloud file storage and has had 240 million monthly active users in two years since it released in 2012. It has options to store files in the cloud, share files between multiple devices and sync files. Google Drive provides 15GB of free storage as well as paid plans, between 100GB and 30TB, for its users.
Google Drive has website interface, computer app and mobile app versions, which allows user to access stored files from smartphones, tablets and PCs at any time. What’s more, while sharing files with others, you can invite them to edit the file. This is quite helpful in group working in company or at school and saves the trouble of sending emails back and forth.
In addition, as covered before, Google Drive has become one of the biggest cloud storage, so it is inevitable that a lot of users would like to sync PC folders to Google Drive. When working on a project and do not have enough disk space as backup storage on local hard drive, it is a good idea to sync the project to cloud every time you finish it to protect them.
There are two ways to sync multiple folders to Google Drive:
Sync Folders to Google Drive or Backup and Sync
To sync desktop folders to Google Drive with Google Drive or Backup and Sync, please refer to the following steps:
Sync folder one by one
To sync multiple folders with Google Drive, you could use the Folder Upload or File Upload feature to upload folders one by one, here it is:
1. Login your Google Drive Account, click New button at the left side.
2. Choose Folder Upload, and navigate your folder, then click Upload to backup your folders to Google Drive.
Sync multiple folders at once
If you want to sync multiple folders to Google Drive, Google Backup and Sync could be one of your choices.
1. Please download Google Backup and Sync desktop app, sign in your Google account.
2. At your computer tab, choose multiple folders you would like to sync to Google Drive.
3. And click OK to perform Google Drive sync multiple folders.
4. Then, Google Drive sync engine will start to automatically sync folders to Google Drive.
However, you may get Google Drive not syncing problem while syncing data, what should you do?
Best Folder Sync software - AOMEI Backupper
It’s highly recommended to try the best file sync software - AOMEI Backupper Professional, which is capable of syncing multiple folders to Google Drive with simple clicks.
Besides, you can real-time sync changed or newly added files and folders to target path. Sync folders by Event triggers, like user login, logoff, or system startup, system shutdown. Download the 30-day free trial to have a try.
How to automatically sync folders to Google Drive with AOMEI Backupper?
First, download and install Google Drive app (Google Backup and Sync) on your Windows. Log in your account and keep its installation path in mind. Follow on install and launch AOMEI Backupper Pro.
1. At the main interface, go Sync > Basic Sync.
2. Click Add Folder to add files you want to sync to Google Drive. Network folders are also available. You can change the Task Name to make it easy to distinguish.
3. Then select the target path. Click the small triangle to choose Select a cloud drive in the drop-down menu. All installed cloud drive will be auto detected.
4. Choose Google Drive from the given options.
5. Click Schedule to set auto synchronization task. Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, or USB plug in.
6. Finally, click Start Sync to sync multiple folders to Google Drive.
Tip: Options allows you to write a comment on this task in order to distinguish it from other tasks. You can also enable email notification at sync completion.
If you would like to sync changed folders as soon as possible, please try Real-Time Sync feature to sync folders in real time.
Write in the End
Find the suitable way to sync multiple folders to Google Drive according to the post. It’s easy to operate even for a novice.
Besides, AOMEI Backupper not only a file sync software, but also a hard drive cloning software, which helps you migrate OS to SSD without reinstalling, clone hard drive with bad sectors, which does a big favor in hard drive upgrading.
For server users, please try AOMEI Backupper Server to enjoy more.