Clone Google Drive Folder & Structure to Another | 5 Ways
In this article, you will find the top 5 solutions to help you clone Google Drive folder to another folder or another account easily and copy all the folder structure to the destination folder.
- Is there a way to duplicate folder in Google Drive?
- # 1. Copy Google Drive Folder on the Web Page
- # 2. Google Drive Copy Files to Another Folder
- # 3. Copy Folder and its Structure with Drive for desktop
- # 4. Copy Google Drive Folder to Another Account
- # 5. Another Reliable Way to Clone Google Drive Folder Easily
- Summing It Up
Is there a way to duplicate folder in Google Drive?
Hi, I have a backup B1 folder uploaded to Google Drive, which is of size 2.5 Terabytes. I would like to make a copy of this folder on Google Drive with another B2 folder. I do not want to upload again 2.5 Terabytes of data to folder B2 on Google Drive but would like to make use of folder B1 already available on Google Drive to make copy with B2 folder. Is is possible? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sometimes, you may need to clone Google Drive folder to another folder within Google Drive, what should you do?
As a matter of fact, this article will show you five simple ways to let Google Drive clone folder as you want.
# 1. Copy Google Drive Folder on the Web Page
To ensure Google Drive duplicate folder, please open your explorer, and sign in your Google Drive.
1. Locate the folder that you would like to clone, right click it and choose Move to.
2. Choose the folder that you would like to save that folder, and click MOVE HERE.
All the files and subfolders in that folder will be transferred to the destination folder and all the source folders will not exist. This way make Google Drive copy folder structure.
If you just move the wrong folder, you could UNDO this operation, and move it again to the right folder.
# 2. Google Drive Copy Files to Another Folder
To copy all files from one Google Drive folder to another folder, please refer to the following guide:
1. Head in Google Drive in your explorer, find the folder that contains the files you would like to copy, press Ctrl + A to select all files in this folder, and choose Make a copy.
2. All files will be copied and prefixed with Copy of.
3. Right click these copies, and select Move to.
4. Select another folder as the destination location, click MOVE HERE to store all the files.
Please note that copy and paste in Google Drive only available for Google Drive files not folders, so you may find the Make a copy is missing while choosing a folder.
# 3. Copy Folder and its Structure with Drive for desktop
Another way to clone Google Drive folder is using Google Drive for desktop. Download, install and set it all up, it should create a Google Drive shortcut with drive letter in Windows Explorer. With it, you can easily access your files and folders in My Drive.
1. Find the folder that you would like to clone, choose the folder and press Ctrl + C (or right click and choose Copy) to copy the folder in My Drive folder.
2. And press Ctrl + V (or right click and choose Paste) to paste the folder to another folder.
Copying Google Drive folder to another folder is done. And the original folder and the destination folder both have the folder that be transferred. If the folder has subfolders, its structure will be copied too.
# 4. Copy Google Drive Folder to Another Account
Sometimes, it’s necessary to copy Google Drive folder to another account due to some account restrictions. However, Google Drive does not provides any functions to transfer files and folders from one Google account to another Google account.
If you would like to duplicate folders from one account to another, you have to download the folder and upload the folder; or copy from one Google Drive folder on the desktop, and paste to another Google account desktop folder, and then sync that folder. If the data is quite large, like GB, TB, etc. It’s not the easy way to work it out. or you could try MultCloud to transfer files and folders between clouds.
# 5. Another Reliable Way to Clone Google Drive Folder Easily
Besides Google Drive web page and its desktop app, you could try another professional file sync software - AOMEI Backupper Professional, which is designed for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit) to:
- Sync folders within Google Drive desktop folder.
- Copy Google Drive folder to another account easily.
- Sync local folder to Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Sugarsync, Cloudme, Hubic, etc.
Besides One-way Sync, this software provides you more advanced sync features to protect your critical data:
- Two-way Sync: Sync changed files in source folder and target folder to the other side mutually.
- Real Time Sync: Sync changed files from the source folder to the target folder in real time.
- Mirror Sync: Keep the files in target folder exactly the same as in source folder.
Please download the AOMEI Backupper Professional 30 day free trial, and take it a shot:
1. Execute AOMEI Backupper Professional, choose Sync > Basic Sync subsequently.
2. Press + Add Folder to choose the Google Drive folder and the folder that you would like to clone.
3. Select the Google Drive another folder as the destination.
✎Note: If you cannot find Google Drive here, please try sharing My Drive folder (This PC > Google Drive > My Drive > Give access to > Specific people...) to use it as a network path. Thus you can choose Add Share or NAS Devices in the select box, and then enter the path to sync or backup with Google Drive.
4. Tap Start Sync >> button to clone Google Drive folder to another folder easily.
Then all the folders and its structure from one Google Drive folder will be copied to another folder in Google Drive desktop folder, and it will automatically synced to Google Drive.
If you want to copy Google folder to another account, please select the target Google drive folder path in step 3.
★ How to backup files to AOMEI Cloud
As cloud storage is becoming more and more popular, AOMEI offers users its own cloud - AOMEI Cloud. Compared to Google Drive, it is cheaper when it comes to the same capacity. It offers you 1TB free storage for 15 days after you sign up for an AOMEI account. To backup files to AOMEI Cloud, just click Backup > Cloud Backup.
Summing It Up
Google Drive clone folder is not an easy way so that we explain 5 ways for you to clone Google Drive folder and its folder structure. Regardless of copying Google drive folders to another or copying Google Drive folder to another account, there is a solution for you to perform Google Drive duplicate folders.