With the advanced cameras of iPhone and iPad, we can shoot wonderful videos and record unforgettable moments in daily life. However, the video files are usually large in size and too many videos will run out of space sooner or later. So you want to transfer videos from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive as backup and then delete them from device to free up space, right?
Here in this guide, we will introduce you several efficient ways to help you import videos from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive. For a better explanation, we divide these methods into two categories according to whether a computer is used.
Part 1. Transfer Videos from iPhone iPad to External Hard Drive on Mac and Windows
For Windows PC users, you can rely on AOMEI MBackupper to help you transfer selected videos from iPhone to external hard drive. For Mac users, you can take advantage of Photos app to make it.
Way 1. Transfer Videos from iPhone iPad to External Hard Drive on Windows
Actually, when you connect iPhone to computer, you can go to This PC/Computer to find your iPhone and open it to find the recorded videos. However, lots of users have reported the videos not showing up on PC issue. In the circumstances, you can let professional iOS data transfer to help you transfer the videos you need.
The easy-to-use transfer tool AOMEI MBackupper can help you transfer recorded videos as well as movies, music videos, and TV shows from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive directly. It is able to transfer videos of any size so it’s not a problem to transfer large videos.
Click the download button to get the tool and next we take transfer videos from iPhone to external hard drive as an example to show you how to use this tool.
1. Run AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer and enter passcode on iPhone so that the software can access your device.
2. On the Home screen, click Transfer to Computer option.
3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the videos you want to transfer to external hard drive > Click OK to continue.
4. Choose the external hard drive as destination > If everything is OK, click Transfer to start.
Way 2. Transfer Videos from iPhone iPad to External Hard Drive on Mac
The built-in photo management tool Photos app is a good assistant to help users import photo videos from iPhone to Mac. Then you can copy and paste the videos to external hard hard drive.
1. Launch Photos app > Plug in your iPhone/iPad and external hard drive.
2. Tap Trust or enter the passcode on iPhone/iPad if asked.
3. Click Import > Select From A USB device > Click Import Settings and you can set the destination & whether to delete the videos from iPhone/iPad after you import them to your Mac > Click Done to continue.
4. Uncheck other photos and videos you do not want to import > Click Import Selected to make it.
Part 2. Transfer Videos from iPhone iPad to External Hard Drive without Computer
If your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS 13 and later, you can transfer videos from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive without computer. The external hard drive must be self-powered or you can use a powered hub or Apple’s Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter.
1. Connect your external hard drive with your iPhone/iPad using a lightning to USB adapter, or another adapter/hub that supports your iDevice’s connector and the hard drive’s connector.
2. On your iPhone/iPad, open the Files app and tap Browse to have check whether your external hard drive has been connected or not.
3. Go to Photos app > Select the videos or photos you want to transfer > Tap the Share button in the bottom left corner.
4. You can tap the Options to select elect your photo options > If everything is OK, tap the Save to Files > Choose your external hard drive as the destination > Tap Save > Then it will show a message to tell that it’s saving your photos and videos to your external hard drive.
That’s all for how to transfer videos from iPhone/iPad to external hard drive. Hope one of the methods can help you complete the transfer successfully. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as possible.