[3 Methods] How to Transfer Settings to New iPhone Fast
This post will show you 4 different but useful solutions to transfer settings to new iPhone. If you wanna know more information about them, please keep reading on this page.
How do I move apps and settings to new iPhone?
Getting a new iPhone and both it and my old one are using iOS 12.3. I know the three ways to transfer data are using Automatic Setup, using iCloud, and using iTunes. Is it the experience of iPhone users that one way is the best way? I was thinking that perhaps using the iTunes method might be the one best calculated to move all one’s data and settings to the new iPhone. Any other opinions?
- Question from Reddit
iPhone users get a new phone and will think about how to transfer data to new iPhone such as photos, videos, files, and even how to transfer settings to new iPhone. You may have created and saved a lot of personal files and app usage preferences on your old iPhone. If you don't take action to transfer them to the new iPhone, then you will have to take lots of time and effort to manually reset your new iPhone.
Don’t worry, here we prepared 4 effective methods for how to set up new iPhone from old iPhone. You can pick any one of them according to your needs.
How to transfer settings to new iPhone: 4 solutions
To set up new iPhone from old iPhone, you have many choices. You can use Quick Start, iTunes, iCloud, or a professional transfer tool. We will introduce detailed steps to use each of them here.
Solution 1. Transfer settings with Quick Start
Quick Start is a great feature that helps you to transfer all data from your old iPhone to new iPhone. All you need to do is to put your iPhones together and follow the instructions. Here is the method of setting up new iPhone from old one via Quick Start.
- Note: Your old iPhone must be based on iOS 11 or later versions. If you have set up your new iPhone, please go to Settings > General > Reset to Erase All Content and Settings. And you need to turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
1. First, put your new iPhone next to your old iPhone. Click on Continue on the screen.
2. Make sure the Apple ID is correct and enter the passcode on your new iPhone.
3. Then you can choose to transfer your data from iPhone or iCloud following the instructions.
Solution 2. Transfer settings via iCloud
iCloud is another built-in tool to help you transfer data wirelessly. Once you use iCloud to sync different types of Apps, their settings and contents will be transferred to your new iPhone likewise. But you only have 5GB of free cloud storage in iCloud which may be not enough for you. If you would like to pay for more iCloud storage, you can refer to the steps below:
1. Connect your old and new iPhones to Wi-Fi stably.
2. On the old iPhone, go to Settings and click on your Apple ID. Then choose iCloud and turn on the toggle of data that you want to transfer to new iPhone.
3. On the new iPhone, sign into the same Apple ID and do the same as step 2, then wait for the sync patiently.
Solution 3. Transfer settings using iTunes
You can also use backup and restore features in iTunes to transfer settings from old iPhone to new iPhone with the following guide:
1. Connect your old iPhone to the computer first, and launch iTunes on your computer.
2. Select Device icon > Summary > Back Up Now. Then iTunes will backup your old iPhone. After that, disconnect your old iPhone and computer.
3. Likewise, connect your new iPhone to the computer and run iTunes on the computer. Press the Restore Backup button in the Device section. You can choose any backup in the list and then iTunes will transfer data to your new iPhone.
Solution 4. Transfer settings with a professional tool
Some users may want to know how to transfer everything from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. You can consider switching to a professional tool for iPhone data transfer like FoneTool.
FoneTool can help you transfer all settings and data from old iPhone to new iPhone with just one click. In addition to this, it has many advantages as below:
If you want to know how to set up new iPhone with old iPhone , please follow the easy steps below:
1. Download FoneTool on your Windows PC. Connect your iPhone to the PC stably.
2. On the Phone Transfer page, select the iPhone to iPhone Transfer feature icon.
3. Choose your old iPhone as the source device, and choose your new iPhone as the target device. Enable backup encryption to protect data.
4. After confirming, click Start Transfer to transfer settings and data from iPhone to iPhone easily.
♦ Note: If you want to transfer data without a computer, you can scan the QR code to download the FoneTool on your iPhone. Then you can transfer data on iPhone directly and within a few minutes. It allows you to transfer photos/music/videos/contact/files for free.
You can enjoy a clear interface and easy-to-use transfer feature with this app.
We believe you have learned something about how to transfer settings to new iPhone. There are some different solutions for you: using iCloud, iTunes, Quick Start, or the free software like FoneTool. The professional tool will help you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone safely and quickly. If you still have some problems with it, please leave your comment to us.