[4 Ways] Share iTunes Playlist Without Apple Music
How can you share iTunes playlist without Apple Music. With the instruction in this guide, you can share iTunes playlist with 4 useful tools without Apple Music.
Sharing iTunes playlist withuot Apple Music
I have an iPhone and an iPad. I created an iTunes playlist on my iPhone and would like to transfer it over to my iPad. How would I do this? There is no obvious method available from within the iOS, and this is obviously something that users should be able to do.
- Question from Apple Community
You can share iTunes playlist with multiple iDevices so that you can enjoy music from them and your friends and families can discover more new songs. While if the iPhone/iPad that you’d like to share iTunes playlist doesn’t have an Apple Music subscription, you may have difficulty making it.
Here in this guide, you can get four useful ways to share iTunes playlist without Apple Music. You can look through them one after another and choose one to meet your needs.
You can rely on Home Sharing to share a playlist with up to 5 iPhone/iPad that are signed in the same Apple account. Once both iPhone/iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, they can easily share playlists.
Please note that you cannot permanently copy the music from one iPhone to another. This method only works when the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 1. Make sure both iPhone/iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. On the source iPhone, go to the Settings app > Choose Music > Scroll down to locate Home Sharing > Sign in with your Apple ID.
Step 3. Repeat the last step on the target iPhone, please remember to sign in the same Apple ID.
Step 4. On your source iPhone, go to the Music app > Tap My Music > Choose Songs or Albums > Choose Home Sharing to share the iTunes playlist.
For the sake of privacy and security, you may not be willing to sign in your Apple ID on other iDevices. You can try the other methods mentioned below.
To share iTunes playlist without Apple Music, you can take advantage of the professional transfer tool - FoneTool to help you transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs from one iPhone to another.
What you can benefit from FoneTool
• Selective and fast transfer process. You’re free to transfer all or some of the songs in iTunes playlists to another iPhone. Besides, the USB connection between iPhone and computer enables you to transfer songs offline at a fast speed.
• No data loss. There is no harm to the existing data on both devices. It won’t compress the quality of the data, either.
• Wide compatibility. FoneTool supports iPhones (from iPhone 4 to iPhone 14 series), iPad (including iPad 2022), and iPod.
Click the icon below to get FoneTool and follow the steps to share a playlist without Apple Music.
Step 1. Transfer music from the source iPhone to computer
1. Connect the source iPhone to computer with USB > Launch FoneTool and click Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC > Click Start Transfer.
2. Click the + icon to preview and choose music from your iPhone > Click OK to confirm > Click Start Transfer > Choose a storage path and click Transfer to start.
Step 2. Transfer music from computer to the target iPhone/iPad
1. Unplug the source iPhone and plug in the target iPhone/iPad > Choose Phone Transfer and go to PC to iPhone.
2. Click the arrow icon to add the songs you need > Click Open.
3. Finally, click Start Transfer to save the songs to the target iPhone/iPad. The music will be saved in the Music app.
Besides music, you can also rely on FoneTool to share photos, videos, contacts, etc. from one iPhone to another.
If you prefer a wireless way, you can try to share iTunes playlist without Apple Music but with AirDrop. This way is only suitable when you share small pieces of songs because it takes time to transfer songs using AirDrop. What’s more, AirDrop only shares music links instead of the files.
Step 1. On both iDevices, turn on AirDrop by going to the Control Center > Press and hold on the wireless control box > Tap AirDrop > Choose Everyone.
Step 2. On the source iPhone, go to the Music app > Locate the music you’d like to share > Click the three-dot icon > Share > Choose AirDrop > Choose the target iPhone/iPad.
Step 3. Hit View on the target iPhone/iPad to check the music link.
It’s also a nice try to send an email to the target iPhone/iPad to share iTunes playlist without having an Apple Music subscription. You can rely on the method to transfer up to 10 songs at a time.
On the source iPhone: Go to the Mail app > Tap Compose > Enter the email address > Tap Add Attachment to choose songs from iTunes playlist > Tap Send.
On the target iPhone/iPad: Go to the Mail app > Check the email to download the music.
That’s all for the four ways to share iTunes playlist without Apple Music. You can make use of either functions on iOS devices - Home Sharing and AirDrop or third-party tools - FoneTool and Mail.
As you can see, you can receive iTunes playlist more directly using FoneTool. There’s no need to download the transferred songs. You can enjoy them without any limitations.