[Answered] Can I Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone
Can you restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone? Read this guide to find the answer.
Table of Content
Can I Restore WhatsApp Messages from Google Drive to iPhone?
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. It is available on a variety of platforms including Android, iOS, and desktop, which makes it a good medium for communication between different people.
However, when you try to transfer data from Android to new iPhone 14, you will find that you are facing a problem: How to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone? It seems that there is no such option for you to Tap.
Well, in short, there is No direct way that can help you restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone. The encryption protocols that Google Drive uses to protect the data from hackers are incompatible with the iOS operating system. On an Android phone, users can only backup and restore WhatsApp via Google Drive. On an iPhone, users can only backup and restore WhatsApp via iCloud.
How to Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone (Free)
Although it’s impossible to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone, there’s an indirect way that can help you transfer WhatsApp messages to iPhone. First restore WhatsApp backup to Android phone and then transfer the conversations to iPhone.
◆ Restore WhatsApp Backup to Android
1. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on Android > Follow the on-screen prompts to go through the setup process and verify your number.
2. WhatsApp will detect the Google Drive backup after the verification process. When prompted, tap RESTORE.
3. Tap NEXT when the restoration process is complete.
◆ Transfer WhatsApp Messages to iPhone
There are two ways you can choose from:
- In WhatsApp, go to Settings by tapping the dotted line >tap Email Chat > select the chat you would like to transfer > choose "Without Media" or "Attach Media." based on your needs > choose the email app and send it to yourself.
- In WhatsApp, choose the conversion that you would like to send > tap the name of the contact displayed at the top > tap Export Chat > decide whether to attach the media files to the email > enter your email address and tap Sent tab.
◆ Download WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
Go to check the email and download the chat. The messages will be saved in TXT format and you can view them as a text document through a file reader. Please note that you cannot view them inside WhatsApp.
Bonus Tip: An Easy Way to Backup WhatsApp and More
Unlike Android phone, you are not allowed to drag and drop files from iPhone to computer. The official way to backup iPhone is to use iCloud and iTunes. However, iCloud only offers 5 GB of free storage space while iTunes will backup your whole iPhone data. To help you better manage your iPhone data, here we introduce one easy-to-use iOS data backup & transfer tool - FoneTool.
● Supported Data: WhatsApp, Contacts, Messages, Music, Photos, Videos.
● Backup selected iPhone data to computer and the backup files can be restored to any iDevices.
● Transfer files between iPhone and computer, between iPhone and another iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
● You can preview and select the files you really need before the backup, transfer or restore.
● Other useful tools: HEIC Converter, One-click iPhone Erase.
You can enjoy a better iPhone life with FoneTool. Go for it now to discover more!
That’s all about how to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone. The truth is that you can only email the conversions from Android phone to iPhone and the chat cannot be viewed in the WhatsApp app. Share your ideas or suggestions with us in the comments box!