[5 Ways] How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone 14
Want to know how to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14? This guide will show you all the effective methods that can help you transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 during or after setup.
There is no doubt that the iPhone 14 is the best Apple phone ever. For long-time Android users who want to give the iPhone a try, it's a good opportunity to start the journey with the brand-new iPhone 14. While iOS is not as flexible as Android, it is easy to operate. However, since they are two different systems, you may be confused about the data transfer from Android to iPhone.
Well, in fact, there are several ways that can help you copy data from Android to iPhone 14. Depending on your situation, you can choose to do the data transfer during or after the setup process. Moreover, different methods will help you transfer different types of data. Let’s start to see how to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14.
Part 1. How to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 during setup
If you haven't set up your iPhone, or if there is no important data on it, then you can choose to migrate data from Android to iPhone 14 via Move to iOS app. It is developed by Apple to help users transfer contacts, messages, WhatsApp messages and media, camera roll photos and videos, mail accounts, calendars, web bookmarks from Android to Apple device.
Preparation and Attention
● Download Move to iOS app from Google Play Store.
● Turn on Wi-Fi on Android phone.
● Make sure your Android phone and iPhone have enough power.
● If you want to transfer Chrome bookmarks, please update Chrome to the latest version on Android phone.
● If you have already set up iPhone, please go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone and choose Erase All Content and Settings to restart. Or you may learn how to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 after setup.
Steps to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 via Move to iOS
1. Set up iPhone 14 until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android option.
2. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree.
3. On your iPhone 14: Tap Continue on the Move from Android screen > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
4. On your Android phone: Enter the code that appears on iPhone.
5. Your iPhone 14 will create a temporary Wi-Fi network, tap Continue on Android phone to join the network.
6. Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Continue to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14.
7. Place two devices near each other until the transfer completes.
8. When you see the loading bar finishes on iPhone 14, tap Done on Android phone > tap Continue on iPhone and follow the onscreen steps to complete the setup process.
Part 2. How to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 after setup
If you have already set up your iPhone, you can try the following methods to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 manually.
1. Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 14 via SIM card
Apple allows you to copy contacts from the SIM card to your iPhone. If your SIM card can be inserted into the iPhone, then you can easily transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
- On your Android phone: Go to the Contacts app > Tap the gear icon or three dots menu > Tap Import/Export contacts > Choose the contacts you want to transfer to iPhone > Choose Export to SIM card option.
- On your iPhone 14: Insert the SIM card > Go to Settings > Tap Contacts >Tap Import SIM Contacts to make it.
2. Transfer contacts/songs/photos/videos from Android to iPhone 14
If you do not want to transfer all data to new iPhone 14, then you may want to know how to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 manually. In this case, you can rely on a third-party transfer tool to help you achieve the goal. To easily transfer contacts, songs, photos and videos to new iPhone 14, FoneTool is a good choice.
FoneTool is one professional iPhone data backup & transfer tool for Windows users. The tool allows you to transfer data between computer and iPhone, so you can first export Android data to computer and then use the tool to add data to new iPhone 14.
- Export contacts, songs, photos or videos from Android phone to computer.
- Download FoneTool and launch it.
- Connect iPhone 14 to computer via the USB cable.
- Choose Phone Transfer. Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
- Click the plus icon to browse the computer and choose the files exported from Android phone.
- Finally, click Start Transfer to add data to new iPhone 14.
3. Transfer contacts/calendars from Android to iPhone 14 via Google Gmail
Another way to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 manually is to use email sync. First sync contacts and calendars from Android to Google, and then turn on sync option on iPhone 14 to let them appear on device.
- On your Android Phone: Go to Settings > Tap Account & Sync > Choose your Gmail account > Tap Sync Contacts/Mail/Calendars > Tap Sync Now.
- On your new iPhone 14: Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and tap Next > Tap Save when your account is verified > Turn on Mail, Contacts, and Calendars sync option.
4. Transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 via cloud storage services
You can also take advantage of cloud storage services to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 manually. This way is recommended if you want to transfer documents like TXT, DOC, PPT, PDF or if you want to transfer a small number of photos or videos.
- On your Android phone: Download Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive > Log in to your account > Upload files to it.
- On your iPhone 14: Download the app and log in > Find the files you need and save them to device.
That’s all about how to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14. Move to iOS app can help you automatically transfer data to new iPhone 14 during setup. If you want to transfer data from Android to iPhone 14 manually, you can take advantage of FoneTool, Google Gmail, or cloud storage services to achieve the goal. Besides, the methods in this post also applied to the newest iPhone 15.
PS: As mentioned before, FoneTool also supports data backup. To prevent data loss, you can let the tool help you backup all iPhone content or only important files. Learn more from this How to backup iPhone 14 to PC guide.