5 Fixes to Not Getting Shared Album Invite on iPhone Issue
Not getting shared album invite on iPhone? This guide will tell you why shared album invite not showing up and how to solve this problem.
Shared album invite not showing up
My wife and I have a shared of our baby album where she is the one that created it. She sends me invitation but i don’t receive it.
I have checked in general adjustments if I have enabled the option in order to share album and I have it enable. Why can’t I get a shared album invitation?
Any suggestions to fix this problem? Thank you in advance.
- Question from Reddit
Are you experiencing the same problem as this user? Your family or friends want to share photos via Shared Albums, however, you can’t receive the invitation to join the album. Don’t worry too much, this “not getting shared album invite” issue happens from time to time. Read this guide to learn why won’t shared album invite show up and how to solve this problem.
Why can’t I get a shared album invitation?
Shared Albums is a great feature that allows you to share photos & videos with family, friends or anyone else. Everyone who joins the shared album can upload their own photos, and even more interesting, everyone can like or comment on the photos. It’s a good way to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
However, you can only enjoy these features if you join the album. Somtimes, not receiving shared album invite problem will happen because of the following reasons.
● Incorrect settings. iCloud Photos and Shared Albums are not enabled on iPhone.
● Problems with Apple services. Apple server is down because there is a problem or it is under routine maintenance.
● Poor network connection. iCloud requires a good network to work. If the network is poor, iCloud will not be able to send or receive invitations.
● Software glitch. A minor glitch or a deeper software issue on iPhone may lead to the shared album invite not showing up issue.
Fixes to not getting shared album invite
Here are some tips that may help you fix the not receiving shared album invite issue. You can try these methods one after another until the problem is solved.
Tip 1. Check basic settings
First of all, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and check if Shared Albums is enabled on both iPhones. Please note that iCloud Photos should also be enabled.
If it’s already on, you can turn it off and turn it on after a few seconds. In addition, you can try to sign out and sign into the iCloud account again.
Tip 2. Check Apple System Status
iCloud Photos will not work when Apple server is down. You can go to Apple System Status page (https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/) to check if there are interruptions of Photos. If it is not green, that means shared album invite not show up on any iPhone, you should wait for Apple to fix the problem.
Tip 3. Check network condition
iCloud Photos requires a stable network connection to work. Any issues with the network may lead to not receiving shared album invite on iPhone problem.
- You can turn on and off Airplane mode to refresh the Internet condition.
- In addition, you can go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset to Reset Network Settings. You need to re-enter the Wi-Fi password.
Tip 4. Force restart iPhone
A hard reset may help fix system glitches that caused the not getting shared album invite on iPhone problem.
- iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume+ button and then quickly release. Press the volume- button and then quickly release. Press the side button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press both the power button and volume- button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
- iPhone 6s or earlier: Press both the power button and the Home button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
Tip 5. Update iOS
The outdated operating system has various issues and that’s why Apple always advises users to update iOS to the latest version. You can go to Settings > General > Software Update to check whether there is an update available.
An easy way to share photos between iPhones
If the not getting shared album invite issue cannot be solved right now, you may share photos via other practical ways. AirDrop can be a good choice if you want to transfer a small number of photos, however, if you want to AirDrop multiple photos, for example, more than 100 photos, the transfer may fail.
To easily share hundreds of photos, FoneTool for iOS is a better choice. It is one free data transfer tool for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This tool can help you wirelessly transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts and any other data in Files app. What’s more, the transfer does not require a Wi-Fi connection and does not consume cellular data.
You can scan the QR code or go to App Store to install FoneTool on iPhones.
Let’s see how to transfer photos iPhone to iPhone wirelessly via FoneTool.
1. Open FoneTool on both iPhones and allow FoneTool to use the WLAN & access files on the device.
2. Go to Connect Device on either iPhone > Tap the avatar to establish a connection.
3. Go to File Transfer on the source iPhone > Choose the photos you want to transfer and tap Send.
- You can go to Transfer List on either iPhone to check the progress of receiving and sending.
- When the transfer is complete, you can go to Photos app on the target iPhone to check the transferred photos.
Besides the mobile app, there is one desktop tool for Windows users. This tool is designed to help iOS users easily manage iPhone/iPad/iPod on computer.
- You can let this tool help you transfer photos, videos, songs, contacts, etc. between iPhone and computer. It’s possible to transfer both purchased and non-purchased music, which means you can easily share favorite songs with friends and family.
- It also has many other useful tools, for example, you can let it help you convert photos from HEIC to PNG/JPG or find and delete duplicate photos on iPhone and computer to free up space.
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and manage your photos as well as other data on iPhone easily.
Hope one of the methods can help you fix the “not getting shared album invite” problem. If all methods don't work, you can use one of the best freeware phone tools - FoneTool to help you transfer photos from iPhone to another first, and then contact Apple support for help when you have time.
For any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us!