New iPhone 12 series have attracted thousands of new users, you could easily start using this fascinating iPhone after setup. When you set up new iPhone, you could set up this iPhone as new iPhone, and then you would get a fresh iPhone to use then. If you have an old iPhone and have made iCloud or iTunes backup, you could easily import data during setup.
Sometimes errors would occur even when you start setting up iPhone or iPad. If you see the spinning wheel on the screen for tool long when iPhone is setting up Apple ID you need to manually fix this problem by yourself. The following section will tell you how to solve this problem.
Section 1. How to fix iPhone stuck on setting up Apple ID?
Usually, iPhone would say that “It may say it will only take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID.” but how long does it will take to set up Apple ID.
If the Wi-Fi condition is fast and stable, usually, it would be finished in 5 minutes and no more than 10 minutes, so if you find that this step hasn’t been finished in 10 minutes, it should be stuck. Networks and system glitches could be the possible causes.
There are several helpful tips to help you solve the problem and set up iPhone:
#Solution 1. Update/Restore your iPhone with iTunes
This is quite useful for old iPhone. You wipe iPhone and want to use a fresh iPhone again, only to find iPhone is stuck during setup. Why does it happen? System glitches usually cause it. You need to update or restore iPhone.
Since you can’t open Settings app before finishing setting up iPhone, how can you update/restore your iPhone? You need to finish this in iTunes.
>Steps to update/restore iPhone in iTunes:
1. Download and install the latest iTunes. Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. For the latest iPhone 12, you need to press and quickly release volume + button, then do the same to volume - button, and at last press and hold side button for a while. You would see the recovery mode screen at last on your iPhone and iTunes would also pop up the recovery option.
3. Select Update or Restore in iTunes. After the process is finished, try activating your iPhone again.
#Solution 2. Skip Setting up Apple ID
This is a very effective method to activate iPhone, but you still need to insert the SIM card into your iPhone. After you finish setting up iPhone, you need to set up the associated Apple ID in Settings app.
>Steps to set up iPhone without Apple ID:
1. Turn on your iPhone and select the Language.
2. Select Set Up Manually.
3. Connect iPhone to Wi-Fi.
4. For Face ID, select Set Up Later in Settings and also don’t set a screen passcode.
5. Select Don’t Transfer Apps & Data.
6. Select Forgot password or don’t have an Apple ID.
7. Select Set Up Later in Settings.
8. Tap Continue to allow iPhone receive the latest updates. Finish the next steps to activate iPhone.
9. After setup, open Settings app. Select Sign in to your iPhone and sign in your Apple ID.
This is the method of bypassing setting up Apple ID while activating iPhone.
Section 2. How to protect your iPhone data after setup?
Congratulation! You have successfully solved the problem and activated iPhone. There is the last step to safely use your iPhone.
When you activate the empty iPhone, you never need to worry about data loss because there is no data in iPhone, but when you are using your iPhone every day, you might have all kinds of problems. Sometimes your data would unexpectedly disappear so that you need to make an iPhone backup.
AOMEI MBackupper is a free professional iPhone backup software. You can select photos, videos, music, contacts, and messages from iPhone and backup them to computer. It supports the latest iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Mini/SE 2020/11 and the previous iPhone.
>Steps to backup iPhone data to computer:
Step 1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. Select the feature Custom Backup on the home screen.
Step 3. Click the icons of the features to select the specific items.
Step 4. Preview and select the data on your iPhone. Click OK then.
Step 5. Select the storage path and click Start Backup.
Your iPhone might be stuck on Setting up Apple ID because of system glitches or poor network conditions. The two methods in this guide would tell you how to fix the issue.
After setting up your iPhone, you can backup your important data to computer with AOMEI MBackupper.
Don’t forget to share this guide to help more people.