Transfer Photos from SD Card to iPhone with/Without Computer
Want to transfer SD card to iPhone but do not know how? This guide will show you how to transfer photos from SD card to iPhone with or without computer.
How to transfer SD card to iPhone
I have taken many photos with my camera and saved them on my SanDisk SD card. Last week, I bought a new iPhone 13. Here is my question: how do I transfer photos from SD card to iPhone? I tried putting my photos into the DCIM folder but they don’t appear on iPhone. What is the right way?
- Question from Apple Community
Can You Transfer Data from SD Card to iPhone?
SD card is the common storage to save photos. When you take pictures with your DSLR camera like Canon or Nikon, the memory card helps you save beautiful pictures. What’s more, you might have saved other data like music, videos, contacts, etc. on your SD card.
Sometimes you need to transfer photos from SD card to iPhone to share with your friends. However, you cannot directly drag and drop files from SD card to iPhone. Here in this guide, I'll show you 4 workable methods that can help you transfer SD card to iPhone with or without computer. You can read them first and then choose the most suitable method according to your situation.
If you have a computer at hand, you can choose to transfer photos from SD card to iPhone via USB connection, or transfer photos wirelessly using cloud storage services.
Method 1. Import Photos from SD Card to iPhone Without iTunes
You could directly import photos from SD card to iPhone on computer but of course, you need a professional tool. FoneTool is recommended here. It's one professional iOS data management tool for Windows PC users. You can easily select the photos, videos, music from your SD card in this software and quickly send them to your iPhone. What's more, it will not erase any existing photos on the device.
- Intuitive interface with simple steps.
- Fast transfers, no internet connection required.
- Transfer full-resolution images without compression.
- Preview before fully or selectively transferring data.
- Supports pictures and videos in all sizes and formats.
Click the download button to get the tool and follow the steps below to import photos from SD card to iPhone.
How to Transfer Files from SD Card to iPhone with FoneTool
1. Launch FoneTool > Insert your SD memory card to computer, and connect iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Wait for a few seconds and then select the Phone Transfer > Get to PC to iPhone option and click Start Transfer.
3. Click any area in this box to select photos from SD card.
4. Click the Start Transfer button to transfer photos from CD card to iPhone.
Method 2. Copy Photos from SD Card to iPhone Using iTunes
You could download iTunes to sync files like photos, videos, or music to iPhone. There is one thing you should know is that if you want to use the sync feature of iTunes, you can’t use iCloud on iPhone then. It means you need to turn off iCloud Photos before you use iTunes sync feature. After the sync, if you want to turn on iCloud Photos again, Photos Synced from iTunes will be Removed.
How to share Pictures from SD Card to iPhone via iTunes
1. Download and install iTunes, insert your memory card to computer, and connect iPhone to iTunes with USB cable.
2. Click the device icon in the upper-left corner.
3. Select Photos section in the sidebar.
4. Check Sync Photos, select photos from your SD card, and then click Apply.
Method 3. Transfer Photos from SD Card to iPhone via Google Drive
Cable is not the only tool to transfer data. Network can do the same thing. You can upload the data from SD card to network drive on your computer and then download them to your iPhone. You’d better find fast Wi-Fi, or you might need to wait for a long time to get these photos to your iPhone.
How to Send Photos from SD Card to iPhone with Google Drive
1. Insert your SD card into computer.
2. Open your browser, go to Google Drive website, and sign in to your Google Account.
3. Click the New button to upload photos from your SD card.
4. On your iPhone, download Google Drive app from App Store.
5. Open Google Drive on your iPhone and sign in the same Google Account.
6. Find your photos and download them to your iPhone.
There is no memory card slot on iPhone. But if you want to directly transfer photos from camera to iPhone, you could use a lightning SD card reader, Apple Camera Adapter to connect SD card to iPhone, like you connect an external hard drive to a computer. It costs about $29 and is very convenient for photographers.
Steps to Move Photos from SD Card to iPhone with Adaptor
1. Insert the SD card into this adaptor and then plug the adapter into your iPhone.
2. Wait for a few seconds and the screen to select photos from the SD card would automatically pop up and then you could save the photos into your computer.
It is easy to complete the process but you need to purchase this gadget.
FAQs on Moving Files from SD Card to iPhone
After you read the above content, there are other questions you may also want to know. Let's take a look:
1. Can I transfer photos from SD cars to iPad?
Yes, you can transfer data from an SD card to an iPad. FoneTool as a professional transfer tool, it supports you transfer files from SD card/PC/iPhone to iPad with ease.
2. Can I transfer music files from an SD card to my iPhone?
Yes, you can transfer music from an SD card to your iPhone using the Files app. Copy the music files to the appropriate folder or use apps like FoneTool for specific file types.
3. Is there a faster way to transfer large video files from an SD card to my iPhone?
For faster transfers, consider using FoneTool to do it. It supports higher data transfer speeds, especially beneficial for large video files.
SD card is very convenient to store photos that you take with camera. When you want to transfer SD card to iPhone, you can use the 4 methods above. If you have a computer at hand, you can let FoneTool help you import photos from SD card to iPhone directly.
In addition, the tool can also help you transfer photos from iPhone to an SD card or other external storage device. Download FoneTool and discover more! Don’t forget to share this guide to help more people.