Why transfer photos and videos from iPhone to PC?
Nowadays, people store a large number of photos and videos on their iPhones. And you may have many photos and videos. In this situation, some of them may want to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to PC. Why do so? Here are two possible reasons for it.
✧ For backup and disaster recovery. You may lose all your photos and videos because of bumping, beating, fire, stolen, etc. It is wise to create a backup for your photos and videos, as well as other media files to avoid this issue. Once you encounter an unexpected error, just restore them using this backup.
✧ For more space. After you use iPhone for a long time, photos and videos can take up a large amount of storage space. Sometimes, they can result in low memory. So, you need to get them off your iPhone and import them to a computer.
Next, I’ll show you how to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to PC running with Windows 10, 8, 7. Here are 3 methods in the following content. The first one is the fastest and easiest.
Transfer iPhone photos and videos to PC with FoneTool
In this way, I’ll introduce a professional iPhone transfer & backup software-FoneTool, which allows you to send photos and videos together to a PC without any obstacle. And this software can be used on Windows 10, 8, 7 as well as Windows XP, Vista, and so on.
Besides, this software also comes with various advantages making it to be the best software to import iPhone photos and videos.
✧ Widely compatibility. This software is compatible with all iOS systems, even the latest iOS 16/15, and works well with all iOS devices, including iPhone 14/13/12/, iPad 8/Air 4, and so on.
✧ Fast Speed: FoneTool can be the fastest way to transfer to iPhone photos and videos. For example, exporting 46.04GB videos from iPhone is completed within 39 minutes.
✧ Preview and Select: In this software, its “Browse” feature can help you to selectively transfer data to a computer if you don't want to move all files. For example, some people would like to transfer only videos to a Windows 10 PC, so this tool can be the most suitable choice.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to PC using FoneTool:
Step 1. Download FoneTool and connect iPhone to PC with USB cable.
Step 2. Select Phone Transfer on the home screen. Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
Step 3. Click the plus icon to preview and select photos and videos from iPhone. Click OK.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer > Choose a storage path > Click Transfer to export the selected photos and videos to PC.
Send photos and videos from iPhone to PC with Windows Photos
Windows Photos is a built-in tool in Windows 8, 8.1, 10, which allows you to import photos and videos from iPhone 7, 8, S, XS, X, 11, 12, 13, 14, etc to PC via a folder or USB device. And it will save the transferred data on the local folder.
Detailed steps to transfer pictures and videos:
1. Connect your phone and unlock it. Then click Trust and type the password if you are asked to Trust this computer.
2. Click Import and select From A USB device after the Windows Photos pop up. Then, it will automatically detect your photos and videos on the iPhone, you just need to wait for a few minutes.
3. Then, Click Import Selected to transfer all of your photos and videos. If you just want to transfer some of them, you can uncheck photos and videos you don’t want to export. Then, wait for the operation until it’s 100% completed and see these photos and videos on your computer.
However, the "Photos" app can encounter an issue like "can't import photos from iPhone photos". Then you can try other methods on this post.
Save photos and videos from iPhone to PC using iTunes
Apple provides iTunes software helping you to backup data. You can use this tool to save photos and videos that uploaded on iTunes before. And the backed-up data is not accessible unless you restore them to another iPhone. Even worse, your data on the current iPhone will be removed after restoration. So, if you want to backup photos and videos selectively and preview them without restoring them, you can go back to the first method.
To transfer all data including photos and videos with iTunes, use the following steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, unlock it and click “Trust This Computer” if needed. Then, download the latest version of iTunes and install it.
2. Open your iPhone and click the iPhone icon to access the overview page.
3. Click “Summary” and choose “This Computer” and “Back Up Now” under the Backups link. Then wait for the final result and click Apply and Done.
Speaking of how to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to PC, you may feel a little tricky. Because a few transfer tools can transfer both pictures and videos together. But now, you can use the professional iPhone transfer tool FoneTool. With its useful features, you can complete the task in a very short time, preview data, and keep it intact.
Also, you can use Windows Photos, but it may work as usual. Besides, the built-in iTunes is a choice, but you need to backup all data on iPhone.
FoneTool is also an excellent iPhone backup software. You can easily backup iPhone to computer with it.
Is this passage helpful? You could share it to help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad