Need photos from Messages
How do I save pictures from text messages to my gallery?
I have a lot of photos in the conversations in the Messages app. I want to keep them in the gallery on my iPhone. How to do this?
- Question from Apple Community
Text message helps us transfer news in case that the recipient could not answer the call in time. It also allows people to save the information permanently on their phone which could be used as proofs or references someday.
With the upgrade of technology, pictures could be sent in a message as an attachment. They contain more information than only text. They allow people to communicate more efficiently and transfer more information. To keep all the text messages safe, you can easily save iPhone text messages.
Sometimes you need to transfer pictures from text messages to gallery for they contain precious memory about your family or friends, and the important conversation between you and business partner.
If you have to delete the messages while wanting the pictures to be kept, or just want backup iMessage photos, you could follow this passage to easily save all photos from messages and iMessage.
If you have just several pictures to save, it would be very easy.
For example, if you want to save photos from text messages on iPhone 6, you just need to
1. Open Messages app and locate the conversation
2. Hold the picture until the contextual menu appears
3. Tap Save to save this image to gallery.
Repeat the steps if you have other photos to save.
This method is simple but just allows you to save a single photo once, so what if you have mass photos to transfer? Of course, you could use iPhone to transfer more pictures at once. Just follow the steps below.
1. Open Messages app and locate the conversation containing the needed picture.
2. Tap the infromation icon and you can view all the pictures in this conversation.
3. Hold one target photo until the contextual menu appears and choose More. Now, you could select as many photos as you want by tapping on them. Remember to Save Attachments.
Want a more efficient way? You must have multiple photos in iMessage on iPhone, while no matter if you have massive pictures and video in iMessage or Message, you could transfer all the photos from Messages at once with a professional iPhone data transfer, iMyFone iTranser. It could also be used to transfer videos from Messages.
Quickly Scan Photos: It could quickly scan all the pictures on your iPhone and you are allowed to select the needed photos.
Export with One-click: You could export these photos to PC with one-click.
How to save all pictures from text messages on iPhone
1. Download and launch iMyFone. Connect your iPhone to PC with USB and tap Trust This Computer on iPhone.
2. Backup your device > Select Export from Device & Backup > select the Photos and App Photos and click Scan.
3. Preview the photos and click Export.
4. Send these pictures to an email of yourself and then you could save them on gallery.
If you just save pictures on your phone, it would not be foolproof. As we use iPhone more and more often, data on it are facing more and more threatening. Leaving a copy on PC would give you a chance to retrieve them if you accidentally lose them.
FoneTool is a professional iPhone photo transfer. It allows you to easily transfer the photos on iPhone with simple operation and gives you flexible selection. You would have a good experience with it.
Follow the three steps below to quickly transfer pictures.
Step 1. Download FoneTool, connect your iPhone to PC and tap Trust This Computer on it.
Step 2. Select "Phone Transfer" > "Transfer to PC" on the left pane of FoneTool. Click "Start Transfer".
Step 3. Select the Photos, and you can choose the album or choose specific items.
Step 4. Click "Start Transfer". You can choose a storage path to save the photos, and click "Transfer".
Wait for the process get finished, and your photos will be saved on the computer.
FoneTool also helps you import photos from computer to iPhone. You can choose "Phone Transfer" > "PC to iPhone" on the interface.
Photos make message send more feelings and information. How to transfer pictures from text message to gallery? If you need the iMessage photos, you can follow the 3 methods to save partial or all the photos from Messages app.
After you import pictures to Photos app, you can use FoneTool to save them to computer so they are always safe. Apart from transfer photos, FoneTool is also an iOS data management software integrating various features. For instance, you may have plenty of redundant photos taking a large amount of iPhone storage. FoneTool 's Photos Deduplication feature helps you to delete duplicate photos on iPhone and PC.
Is this guide helpful? You could share it to help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad