(Solved) Photo Says No Photos on iPhone
If the Photos says no photos on iPhone after you plug your iPhone to Mac, something about system or setting might be wrong. Follow this passage to solve the problem.
Mac Photos says no photos on iPhone
Apple’s products are famous for providing premium service, while errors still would happen especially about connection, due to the limitation of iOS, even when you try to connect an iPhone to a Mac. If the connection could not be successfully established, your iPhone wouldn’t allow Mac to scan it, so that you can’t find any content on Mac.
You might want to import photos from your iPhone to Mac, but after you connect your iPhone to Mac, what you can see about your iPhone is just its name. Mac Photos says no photos on iPhone. It’s an empty folder. It could be confusing, but don’t worry about that. You could follow this passage to know why it happens and how to fix it.
How to solve not importing photos from iPhone to Mac?
If you met with the problem of not able to import photos from iPhone to Mac, you could follow the instruction below to know why it happens and how to fix it.
1. Trust this device: It is mentioned above that you have to allow a connection between two devices. You could open iTunes to check if the Mac could recognize your iPhone. Make sure to unlock iPhone and keep the home screen.
2. Reboot your Mac: You might think it rebooting your Mac is a low-level solution, while it does solve most of system problems. There would be a lot of cache on your Mac after it runs for a long time. It might block the program for connection, so rebooting your Mac is likely to solve this problem.
3. Check iCloud Setting: If you seldom view your photos in Gallery, you might not find that you have enabled Optimize iPhone Storage in iCloud Setting. It would allow you to view the thumbnails in Gallery as usual, but if you tap them, you would find it’s blurred. The original photos are stored in iCloud so that you can’t find them in Camera Roll. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos > Download and Keep Originals. Wait for downloading to complete and try again.
4. Sync with iTunes: If the photos on your iPhone are imported with iTunes, you could not view or download them with Photos. Try to view and sync the photos with iTunes.
5. Uninstall third-party security software: Try to disable or uninstall the third-party security software on Mac for they might block the connection.
6. Check update: If you run a macOS of lower version, it might be not compatible with your iPhone’s operating system. Go to Apple menu > System Preference > Software Update to check whether an update is available.
7. Apple Support: If you have tried all the solutions above and your problem is still not solved, you might need the last resort, Apple Support. They know about Apple products most and you would be given more professional solution.
Transfer photos from iPhone to PC via an easy way
If you need to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows PC, you could try FoneTool. It is a free professional iPhone photos transfer. You could transfer photos from your iPhone to Windows PC within seconds.
• Preview Photos: You are allowed to preview photos on your iPhone and select the need ones to transfer rather than the entire folder.
• Easily transfer: The whole task would be completed on a simple pane with a few steps. You could easily complete the task by yourself.
• Tech Support: Whenever you meet a problem when using this application. Contact support and you would be replied with professional solution.
• Widely Compatible: It supports most iPhone models from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 14 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 16.
How to use FoneTool to transfer photos?
Step 1. Download and launch on FoneTool. Connect your iPhone to PC with USB and remember to tap Trust This Computer on iPhone.
Step 2. Click "Phone Transfer" on the homepage > Choose "iPhone to PC" and click "Start Transfer".
Step 3. Check the photos option. And you can choose the specific items to transfer. Then click "OK".
Step 4. Choose a storage space on your computer, and click "Start Transfer".
FoneTool also provides "PC to iPhone" feature, you can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone with the feature.
When you meet with the problem that photo says no photos on iPhone, you could try the solutions offered above to solve the problem. If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to a Windows computer, you could use FoneTool to easily transfer iPhone photos.