How to move songs from iTunes to computer folder for increasing the security of music files? As we all know, iTunes can transfer music to iPhone for enjoying flexibly, but sometimes people want to move songs from iTunes to computer folder for other uses, such as:
● Backup music to prevent data loss. If iTunes shut down accidentally, you have the completed music backup files to restore.
● Free up iPhone storage space. Because music files take up a lot of space on iPhone. Transfer music to computer folder can save more spaces to store other important data.
● Better manage songs. You can view and check music songs files anytime without launching iTunes.
Next, we provide you the instructions about how to move songs from iTunes to computer folder, you can find the answer from the post below. Except for that, we also offer you powerful transferring iOS data software to help you manage and transfer music songs from iPhone to computer fast and easily.
How to Move Songs from iTunes to Computer Folder (Windows 10/8/7)
Step 1. Consolidate Files in The iTunes Folder
Before transferring music from iTunes to computer folder, you need to consolidate your files in the iTunes Folder. The process can make sure that iTunes files remain in their original locations, and that copies are placed in the iTunes folder. Here are the steps you can follow.
Note: Please make sure you have installed the latest iTunes on your computer.
1. Open iTunes on your computer. Connect your iPhone to your PC, and trust this device.
2. From the iTunes menu bar, choose File > Library > Organize Library.
3. Select Consolidate files. Then click OK.
Then your iTunes songs will be copied to the iTunes folder, you can go to Users > your name > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media to locate the iTunes folder.
◆ If you don't see your iTunes Media folder in the above location, here's how to find it:
1. Open iTunes.
2. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. You can find the location of your iTunes Media folder from the box under iTunes Media folder location.
Step 2. Move Songs from iTunes to Computer Folder
After consolidating, you can create a new folder on your computer to store the iTunes music songs. Then quit iTunes and follow the steps below to move songs from iTunes to computer folder.
1. Open the new created computer folder on desktop.
2. Navigate to iTunes Folder on computer. If you haven't changed the default location of the main iTunes folder, you can find it by the step 1 above.
3. Drag all iTunes music or the iTunes folder containing all songs and drop it to the destination computer folder where you want to store it.
That is the whole process of how to transfer music from iTunes to computer Windows 10 folder. Check the steps, you can also transfer or backup iTunes library to external hard drive.
Easy Way to Move Songs from iPhone to Windows Computer
However, iTunes supported is limited to the purchased items on your device. Other songs that you download from other sources will not be imported to iTunes.
To help you enjoy all the music songs which you have favoured on iPhone, we offer you transfer iOS data software -FoneTool, which can transfer all the music songs including purchased and non-purchased one on iPhone to computer, even transfer music from an iPhone to another iPhone.
Now free download FoneTool and find more about it.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the Windows computer with a USB cable, then launch FoneTool.
Step 2. Click Phone Transfer > Choose iPhone to PC icon and click Start Transfer.
Step 3. Click the plus icon to add music songs from iPhone.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer to start export iPhone music to computer immediately.
Tips: You can change the storage path by clicking the folder icon on the lower location of the window, such as a computer folder, external hard drive, even flash drive.
From the above section, we have given the exact steps about how to move songs from iTunes to computer folder. Hope the guide can really help you export music from iTunes to computer with ease.
And we also recommend FoneTool to transfer music songs from iPhone to computer directly without iTunes. What’s more, it also offers you to back up photos, videos,contacts and messages of your iPhone, iPad and iPod. You can better manage iOS data via it in an easy way.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad