How to Update iPhone on Computer without iTunes
You can find how to update iPhone on computer without iTunes is an easy task. The article gives several effective ways to update iPhone without iTunes on computer, and you can choose the one that suits you.
How can I update iPhone on computer without iTunes?
“As indicated by some users' reports, iTunes is running slowly, and if I use it frequently, it will also takes up more and more space on my computer, so is there a way to update iPhone without iTunes on computer?”
In reality, using iTunes to update the system is very common usage, but it has some disadvantages, for example, it is not as fast as updating directly with Wi-Fi, and sometimes it may slow down the performance of some applications. Thus, you may want to update iPhone without iTunes on computer.
How to update iPhone on computer without iTunes [Explained]
Actually, there is no way to update iPhone on computer without iTunes. But you can update your iPhone without computer and iTunes.
Using iCloud to update iPhone under Wi-Fi
Updating iPhone by using Wi-Fi is the easiest way to update without iTunes because you can complete the process through the wireless network without connecting to the computer.
Before updating, you should check if your iCloud Backup is turned on, otherwise, there is a high chance of data loss on your iPhone after the update is complete.
Procedure: Go to Settings > Tap Apple ID > Find your device in the list > Click and check your iCloud Backup
Then, you can start updating your iPhone using Wi-Fi, the steps are as follows:
Step 1. You should go to "iPhone Settings" >"General"> "Software Update".
Step 2. Click “Download and Install”. (This option will appear when the iPhone finds that it can be updated.)
Step 3. Tap “Install Now”.
After the update starts, you will see a blue progress bar that you can watch to check your update progress. When the operation is over, your device will automatically restart.
- The update requires good network conditions.
- Make sure your iPhone has enough power (above half) for the update.
- The update should not be terminated or interrupted; otherwise unexpected problems may occur.
Problems that may occur after updating iPhone and how to fix
Before you update your iPhone, it’s necessary to have a look at the possible problems caused by update.
- Date loss: The most common response from users is the problem of data loss after the update. It is recommended to backup your iPhone before the update, though you can restore lost data after update via data recovery software.
- iPhone does not receive calls: Turning off airplane mode and resetting your device may fix the problem with your iPhone.
- Wi-Fi not working: You can solve it by restarting the phone, rejoining the wireless network, resetting the network, etc.
- Cellular data not working: You can try to fix it by checking for carrier updates, and hard resetting the iPhone.
- The software update failed: If this happens, you can restart your phone or free up some space on your phone.
- Battery drains faster: You could turn off the location service or enable the low power mode to fix it.
Safeguard your iPhone data before updating iOS
In case of data loss caused by iPhone update and similar incidents, you can backup iPhone using FoneTool.
It is a professional iPhone backup software, which is compatible with various Apple devices from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 13. It supports full backup and selectively backup as well, and you can make choices based on your backup situation.
Part 1. One-click backup of iPhone data (Fully backup).
FoneTool provides a graphical interface that allows users to perform full backup very easily.
Step 1. Open the FoneTool, and then connect your iPhone to the computer.
✦ Note: When your iPhone is connected to the computer, a prompt window will appear on the computer interface, click Trust to allow the computer to access the iPhone.
Step 2. Click "Phone Backup", go to "Full Backup" and click "Get Started".
Step 3. Click “Start Backup” to start the operation.
☞Note: To backup privacy information like health data, you can enable backup encryption.
Part 2. Selectively backup your data.
Step 1. Run FoneTool, and connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
Step 2. Click "Phone Backup", click "Get Started" under "Selective Backup."
Step 3. You can choose the data you want to backup. Then, click “Start Backup”.
- You can preview the data you need to back up before starting.
- Backup can be restored to any Apple device (iPhone/iPad/iPod).
If you wonder how to update iPhone on computer without iTunes, sorry to tell you that it’s unavailable. But you can directly update your iPhone under WiFi without iTunes.
To avoid data loss caused by update, it’s highly recommended to use FoneTool to backup important data on your iPhone to PC before updating. Actually, it can transfer data as well, which is useful when you want to upgrade to a new iPhone without losing data on the old iPhone.