Need to find hidden apps on iPhone?
For some reason, some people hide some apps making them invisible to others. For example, if you are using Family Sharing, you might want to hide games installing logs.
However, Later on, when you want to open these apps, you may no longer remember how to unhide apps on your iPhone. So in this passage, you will know how to find see hidden apps on an iPhone easily.
How to find hidden apps on iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, X, 8
Here we provide 3 ways to unhide apps on an iPhone. You can choose one according to your need.
Way 1. View hidden purchased apps
If you ever hide purchased apps on the App Store, the apps won't be displayed on the purchased app list. Even though you are using Family Sharing, they won't be also viewed by the members. To view the hidden purchased app, follow the steps.
Step 1. Go to App Store on iPhone.
Step 2. Tap your user icon.
Step 3. Tap your account.
Step 4. Select Hidden Purchases
Step 5. Find the app, swipe left, and unhide it or download it directly.
Way 2. Find hidden apps on the Home screen
You may install dozens or hundreds of apps on your iPhone, or just put some of them into a folder or move them to App Library to hide them. But you don't remember where they are. Follow the steps to find hidden apps on the Home screen on an iPhone.
1. Swipe down from the middle of the home screen and you would see the search box at the top of the screen.
2. In the search box, enter the name of your apps and the result will be shown to you.
3. Tap the search outcome, you can enter the app immediately.
Way 3. Find apps on the App Library
App Library which will store all installed apps on your iPhone. If may remove your apps from the Home screen but these apps will be kept in the App library.
1. Swipe to the right to the final page. Then you can see all apps are categorized as suggestions, social, entertainment, and so on.
2. If you don't find the app, tap the top box, and type the app name. You will see the hidden app.
If you want to add an app to the Home screen, just long-press the icon and tap "Add to Home Screen".
Further content: How to hide apps on iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, X, 8?
After knowing how to find hidden apps on iPhone. Here, we also provide some ways to hide apps on your iPhone.
Hide apps in the purchase history
If you have enabled Family Sharing, every time you purchase a game or other apps, your family member could see it. If don’t want them to know about this app, you could hide it immediately. This method would not let you pay for that app again.
1. Open App Store on iPhone.y
2. Select Today at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select your Account.
4. Select Purchased or My Purchases (if Family Sharing is enabled)
5. Find the app, swipe left, and select Hide.
In fact, if you are the organizer of family sharing, you can stop sharing purchases or other features, so that you don’t have to hide purchased games every time.
1. Go to iPhone Settings.
2. Tap your Name.
3. Disable Purchase Sharing under Shared Features.
Hide apps on the home screen
You can’t make the icon disappear from the home screen, but you can really hide it so the others could not see it.
1. Put apps in a folder
On an iPhone, you could drag apps to another page or put them into a folder on the home screen, so they won’t be seen by others when you show them your iPhone.
This seems a no-brainer, but it really works.
2. Move apps to the App Library
Moving apps to the App Library can make your iPhone looks clean without actually deleting the apps. You can put some apps used less often to the App Library. Here are the steps.
1. Long press an app on the screen. Tap "Remove app".
2. Then tap "Remove from Home Screen.
Then the selected app will be unseen, and you can find it on the App Library.
Hide apps from Siri & Search
If you don’t want your information to be easily searched by others, you could stop spotlight or Siri from showing your apps.
1. Go to iPhone Settings.
2. Select Siri & Search.
3. Select the apps you don’t want to show in search results.
4. Disable Siri & Suggestions and Show App.
Backup iPhone to make iPhone data safe
Data disaster is making iPhone users losing important information all the time. When you enjoy the brilliant features of iPhone, don’t forget to take care of iPhone data.
FoneTool is a powerful and professional iPhone backup software, it could be used to save app data like photos, videos, music, contacts, and messages, and other data to a Windows computer or an external hard drive.
Free Software: You could backup unlimited data from iPhone to computer.
Select Data: You could select iPhone data when you backup and restore iPhone.
Incremental Backup: You could create an incremental backup to save time and space.
Widely Compatible: It supports all the iPhone including iPhone 14/13/12/11/11 Pro/SE 2020.
Download FoneTool, connect iPhone to a computer with a USB cable, and follow the steps:
Step 1. Choose Phone Backup on the left side of interface. Select Selective Backup. Click Get Started to save the 5 types of iPhone data.
Step 2. Click the icons of the features to preview and select iPhone data. Click Ok then.
Step 3. Click Backup Storage Path to select the storage path and click Start Backup.
This is all bout how to find hidden apps on iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/8 with iOS 16,15. So if you don’t want to let others know or see some apps on your iPhone, you could follow this passage to hidden iPhone apps. You would also know how to find hidden apps on your iPhone in case of that you really forget the apps.
In case any misoperation, we suggest you backup iPhone to a safe place with FoneTool.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad