We can store and manage contacts with Outlook and we can easily access the data anywhere. Now you are trying to sync Outlook contacts to iPhone via the Outlook mobile app or via the Settings, however, you just find that the Outlook Exchange/Outlook 365 contacts not syncing with iPhone. Well, don’t be too worried, just keep reading to learn some solutions to fix this problem.
How to Fix Outlook Contacts Not Syncing with iPhone?
The following are all the potential solutions that you can have a try to troubleshoot the Outlook contacts not syncing with iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6 problem.
Solution 1. Restart Your Device
You can always try to restart your device when you meet any iDevice related problem.
Solution 2. Enable Contacts Sync of Outlook
To let Outlook contacts sync with iPhone, you should add the Outlook account in iPhone Settings and then enable the Contacts sync. Go to have a check whether you have set it properly.
1. Go to Settings > Scroll down and tap Accounts & Passwords.
2. Tap Add Account > Choose Outlook.com (Exchange).
3. Enter your email address or phone number and tap Next > Enter your password, then tap Sign in.
4. Tap Yes to allow iPhone permission to access your Outlook data.
5. Turn on Contacts sync > Tap Save to confirm.
Solution 3. Set Outlook as Default Account
If Outlook is not the default account of contacts, the Outlook contacts not syncing to iPhone problem may occur. Go to Settings app > Choose Contacts > Tap Default Account > Tap Outlook/Exchange to set it as the default account.
Solution 4. Turn on the Access to Contacts for Outlook
Go to Settings app > Scroll down a little to find Outlook and tap it > Tap Contacts > Make sure the Background App Refresh is turned on.
Solution 5. Reset Your Account
If your Outlook contacts not syncing with iPhone Outlook app, you can try to reset your account. Go to Outlook app > Tap Settings > Select the account that is not syncing > Tap Reset Account.
The problem still exists? Try to re-add your account: Settings > Tap the account > Tap Delete Account > Delete From This Device > Add your account again.
Solution 6. Check the Internet Connection
The Outlook contacts not syncing to iPhone problem may occur due to the poor Internet connection. So please make sure your iPhone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network or you may choose to use the cellular network. To refresh the Internet connection, you can turn off/on Wi-Fi or utilize the Airplane mode.
Bonus Tip: An Easy Way to Backup iPhone Contacts and More
From the above, we have talked about how to fix the Outlook contacts not syncing with iPhone issue. And here in this part, I’d like to introduce another way to help you backup your iPhone contacts. Although you can save your contacts with Outlook, it’s always a good choice to have more backup plans.
How about give it a try? Download AOMEI MBackupper on computer and follow the steps to backup your contacts to computer.
1. Open AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Tap “Trust” on the Home screen so the tool can access your iPhone.
2. Click Custom Backup option > Click Contacts icon to view and select the contacts you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
3. Select the storage path to save your contacts > Click Start Backup button to make it.
When the process is finished, you can check the backup task on the Backup Management screen. Here you can choose to locate, browse, restore, or delete the backup contacts.
- The triangle tab allows you to make an incremental backup to save both time and storage space.
- You can also choose to restore the contacts to any iDevice and it will not erase any existing data.
- If you want to view contacts on computer, you can click the Transfer to Computer option to make it. The contacts will be saved in CSV or VCF format.
That’s all for how to fix the Outlook contacts not syncing with iPhone 12/11/XR/X/XS/8/7/6 problem. Does this passage solve your problem? If so, you could share it to help more people. Or if you have any other questions or ideas, leave them in the comment section to discuss with us.