Google Contacts is a free contact management tool that offers an easy way to help users store and organize contacts. And the contacts can be synced to another device easily. Now you may just switch from Android phone to the newest iPhone 14/13/SE 2022 and want to transfer Android phone contacts to new iPhone with the help of Gmail. However, you find that Google contacts not syncing to iPhone properly. Well, don’t be too worried, just keep reading to learn some solutions to figure it out.
How to Fix Google Contacts Not Syncing with iPhone?
The following are all the potential solutions that you can try to troubleshoot the Google contacts not syncing to iPhone issue. The methods described in the following work for all iPhone models running on iOS 16/15/14.
Method 1. Check the Contacts Sync of Gmail
Go to check whether you have turned on the Contacts sync option of Gmail. Or you can delete the account and add it again.
1. Open Settings app > Scroll down a little to choose Accounts & Passwords.
2. Tap Add Accounts > Choose Google > Enter the required information to add your Gmail account and tap Next.
3. Tap Save when your account is verified.
4. Turn on Contacts > Tap Save to confirm.
Method 2. Using Secure Connection SSL
You may meet the Google contacts not syncing to iPhone problem when your Google account is not connected to your iPhone using SSL, the recommended secure connection.
Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Tap your Google account > Turn on Contacts > Tap Account > Advanced > Turn on Use SSL > Tap Account > Done.
Method 3. Set Gmail as the Default Account
If you have not set Gmail as the default account of contacts, the Google contacts not syncing with iPhone issue may occur. Go to Settings app > Choose Contacts > Tap Default Account > Select Gmail to set it as the default account.
Method 4. Check Internet Connection
The Gmail contacts not syncing with iPhone problem may also occur due to the poor Internet connection.
- You can turn off Wi-Fi and turn it on again after a few seconds or turn on/off Airplane mode.
- Or if you are having trouble syncing contacts through Wi-Fi, you can try to use cellular data instead.
Method 5. Sync Google Contacts to iPhone via iCloud
If all the above methods cannot help you fix the Gmail contacts not syncing to iPhone issue, you may try to sync Google contacts to iPhone via iCloud.
Export Google Contacts to Computer
1. Visit Google Contacts via a browser on computer > Click the Export option on the left-hand side of the window to export all contacts or choose the contacts one by one and then select Export.
2. Choose vCard (for iOS Contacts) > Click Export.
Import Google Contacts to iCloud
Go to iCloud.com and log in with your account > Click the Contacts icon > Click the Gear icon and choose Import vCard... to select the file you just exported from Google.
Turn on Contacts Sync of iCloud on iPhone
Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Turn on Contacts.
An Easy Way to Backup iPhone Contacts and More
From the above, we have talked about how to fix Google contacts not syncing to iPhone problem. Here in this part, I’d like to introduce an easy way to help you backup your contacts. Although you can save your contacts with Google, it’s always a good choice to have more backup plans.
FoneTool is one free iPhone backup manager that offers an easy way for iPhone data backup & restore. It supports backing up contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, etc. You can fully backup your iPhone in 1 click or just choose the item you need.
Now you can click the download button to install this tool. Then follow the guide below to see how it works.
Step 1. Run FoneTool. Choose "Phone Backup" and go to "Selective Backup".
Step 2. Choose the Contacts icon, or the other data you need > You can click the icon to choose the specific items. And click "OK".
Step 3. Select a storage path on your computer, and click "Start Backup".
>> When the backup is done, you can check the backup task in "Backup History" and you can locate, browse, restore, or delete the backup files. Besides, it will not erase any existing data on your device during the restore.
Go for it now and discover more!
That’s all for how to fix the Google contacts not syncing with iPhone in iOS 16/15/14 problem. If this article has solved your problem, you could share it to help more people. Or if you have any questions, you can contact us and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad