How to Fix AirDrop No People Found Issue on iPhone/iPad
Can’t AirDrop photos because AirDrop never finds anyone? This guide will help you fix the AirDrop No People Found problem.
Problem: AirDrop No People Found Problem
AirDrop No People Found
When I try to airdrop a photo from my iPhone to my wife's iPhone, I get the message "No People Found. There is no one nearby to share with." She can airdrop to me, no problem. Help, please.
- Question from Apple Community
It's easy to transfer files between Apple devices. We can AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPhone without much effort. However, now you find that you cannot share pictures via AirDrop. It says that there is no one nearby to share with. You definitely want to solve this AirDrop no people found problem as soon as possible. Without further ado, let’s start to troubleshoot this problem.
How to Fix AirDrop No People Found Problem
Here are some solutions that can help fix the AirDrop No People Found problem. You can try these methods one after another until the problem is solved.
Note: If you want to use the photos as soon as possible, you can go to the next part get some other ways to transfer photos quickly.
Solution 1. Check Basic Settings
Chances are that AirDrop is not set properly so you encounter the AirDrop no people found issue. AirDrop will only work when all conditions are met, otherwise, you will find AirDrop not working.
- Make sure AirDrop is enabled on both devices.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices.
- You may try to turn off and on Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirDrop.
- Make sure two devices are within the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth range.
- Turn off Personal Hotspot on both devices.
- Check the discovery settings. If you choose Contacts Only, please make sure both the devices have logged into iCloud. In addition, also make sure that you are in each other's Contacts (have email address or mobile number in the contact card).
Solution 2. Restart Your iPhone and iPad
If all settings are correct, you can try to hard reset both devices. A simple reboot may help fix system glitches that caused the AirDrop no people found problem.
iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume+ button and then quickly release. Press the volume- button and then quickly release. Press the side button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press both the power button and volume- button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
iPhone 6s or earlier: Press both the power button and the Home button for seconds until you see the logo of Apple.
Solution 3. Update iOS
Some minor software glitches may cause the AirDrop no people found issue. Apple always releases new iOS to fix bugs. Maybe the latest iOS has fixed this problem.
Go to Settings > General > Software Update to have a check. If there is an update available, you can tap Download and Install option to make it.
Other Quick Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad
AirDrop is not the only way to transfer photos between iPhone and another iPhone/iPad. When you meet AirDrop no people found or other issues, you can use other ways to transfer photos. Below are two options to help you transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone/iPad over the air or via USB cable.
Transfer Photos via AirDrop-like Apps
Besides AirDrop, there are many AirDrop-like apps that can help you transfer photos over the air, such as Snapdrop, Xender, SHAREit, Zapya, Send AnyWhere. These apps not only can help you transfer photos between Apple devices, but also can help you transfer photos between Apple devices and Android/Windows. It’s no problem to AirDrop photos from iPhone to PC.
Transfer Photos via FoneTool
FoneTool app is another airdrop-like tool enabling you to transfer photos, videos, contacts, files between iDevices with fast speed. If your iPhone/iPad doesn't or never find anyone. Here you can scan the QR code to install this app to "Airdrop" your data.
2. Run FoneTool on both iPhones/iPads. And please turn on your Wi-fi and Bluetooth settings. FoneTool needs the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to connect your device and it won't use your Wi-FI network or cellular data.
3. Choose Connect Device
1. Download FoneTool from App Store.
2. Turn on FoneTool on two iPhones and allow FoneTool to use WLAN. FoneTool does not need to be connected to WiFi, it only needs to use WLAN related services.
3. Go to Connect Device on this app and tap the other device to build connection.
4. Now you can go to Photos, Videos, Contacts, and Files to select items. Then tap "Send" to share the selected items to the other iPhone/iPad.
Tip: FoneTool app allows you to send data on the Files app, you can tap the Plus icon to import a local file under the File section.
If you do not want to install any app on iPhone, you can choose to transfer photos via USB cable. In this way, you can turn to a professional transfer tool, such as FoneTool.
FoneTool is one iOS data backup and transfer tool for Windows PC users. You can let it help you transfer photos between iPhone/iPad and computer, between iPhone and another iPhone/iPad. Below are the steps to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool.
2. Connect source iPhone to computer via USB cable
3. From the left pane, click Phone Transfer > Locate iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
4. Choose Photos > Select the photos you want to transfer and click OK to continue.
5. Click Start Transfer to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
6. Unplug the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone.
7. Locate PC to iPhone from Phone Transfer and click Start Transfer.
8. Select the photos you exported before > Finally, click Start Transfer to import photos to iPhone.
That’s all about how to fix AirDrop No People Found problem. If all the methods are useless, you may need to contact Apple technical support online or go to Apple Store to ask for help.