When you want to get a new iPhone, selling the old iPhone could take some of the strain off the budget when you plan to buy the latest model. But privacy is a big concern when we want to abandon or sell our iPhones. An iPhone store a large number of apps, personal data, settings, contacts, and so on. So after transfering data from old iPhone to the new iPhone, you will need do delete everything on the old iPhone before selling and discard it.
On the other hand, erasing everything on an iPhone can be an effective way to restore it to factory settings, so when your iPhone encounter some unexpected issue, it probably can help you out of the problem
If you just want to simply clear iPhone storage, you just need to find the large files, usually photos, videos, and music, on iPhone and the unnecessary apps.
1. Unlock your iPhone and open Settings app.
2. Select General and then select iPhone Storage.
3. You can see which data takes the most storage and then you could delete it. Expand some apps and then you could delete the app itself or data in the app.
If you uninstall the app here, the app data won’t be deleted and would be automatically restored when the app is reinstalled. To completely remove the app and data, you need to press and hold the app on the home screen and uninstall it.
You might find that Other data occupies several gigabits of storage and there is no option for you to clear them. They are the cached data on iPhone usually the music or videos. Deleting the app data or erase everything by the methods in the following sections will work.
Want a clean iPhone? If you are sure you don’t need any data, the simplest way to delete everything on iPhone is erasing iPhone in Settings. In case that you regret for deleting the needed data, backup your iPhone and unpair Apple Watch before you erase iPhone.
1. Open the Settings app on iPhone.
2. Select General and then select Reset.
3. Select Erase All Content and Settings and enter your passcode to delete iPhone data.
If you would like to do the procedure on computer, you can turn to iTunes. Actually, factory resetting iPhone in iTunes could also help you rescue your iPhone if it is disabled or frozen but you need to trust this computer at least once or iTunes can’t recognize your iPhone.
1. Download the latest iTunes and then connect iPhone to PC with USB cable.
2. After the device icon appears in the upper-left or the window, click it.
3. Click Restore iPhone to delete all the iPhone data.
The best result comes from the most professional solution. To manage your iPhone data and erase iPhone, AOMEI MBackupper would be the best solution. With its very professional feature, your iPhone will be safely wiped and no hacking software could get your personal information.
Besides, you could easily preview iPhone data and select the useful items to backup with it.
Step 1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and connect iPhone to PC with USB cable.
Step 2. The home screen will pop up with your iPhone is recognized. Select Erase iPhone here.
Step 3. Check I have understood the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data.
Step 4. Click the button Erase iPhone to delete all the iPhone data.
What if your iPhone is not in your hand? When iPhone is lost, you could use Find My to retrieve or erase your iPhone.
1. Open your browser and go to icloud.com.
2. Sign in your Apple ID and then select Find iPhone.
3. Select Devices > select the lost iPhone.
4. Select Erase This Device > click Erase this iPhone.
You might want to clear your iPhone data for some reason and this passage has given you 5 method of how to delete everything on iPhone 7/8/se/11/12. You can erase your iPhone data on your iPhone or PC even when you lost it.
AOMEI MBackupper is a good choice because it is a professional iPhone eraser and gives you an easy solution to backing up iPhone.
Share this guide and it will help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad