Why need to delete everything on iPhone?
Sometimes you will want to clear your iPhone data due to the following reasons.
• Protect your data from leakage: When you switch to a new iPhone, you want to sell or discard your old device. But the old iPhone can contain lots of personal data, like your photos, videos, contacts, settings, and Apple IDs. It is necessary to permanently delete data on the current iPhone.
• Wipe data on a lost iPhone: If your iPhone is lost or stolen, you should wipe all the data immediately to avoid malicious intent.
• Fix an unexpected issue: Erasing your iPhone can be an effective way to restore it to factory resetting. When your iPhone has an unexpected issue, it probably can help you out of the problem.
Things before you erase your iPhone data
There are some preparations your might need to do before erasing everything on your iPhone.
Backup your data or transfer data to new iPhone
You can back up your iPhone before deleting data. You can still get back your deleted data in case you need them one day. If you got a new iPhone, you can transfer data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone.
Unpair your Apple Watch
If you are using Apple Watch, don't forget to unpair it from your iPhone.
1. Place your Apple Watch near to your iPhone.
2. Run Watch app on the iPhone > Tap "My Watch". > Tap the "i" icon to enter the information.
3. Tap the "Unpair" button.
Part 1. How to delete everything on iPhone before selling on PC
If you have a computer, you can delete all data with FoneTool or iTunes.
1. Completely erase iPhone data with FoneTool
If you are going to permanently and completely delete everything on your old iPhone before you sell or donate it, you can rely on a professional iOS eraser named FoneTool. It supports DeepErase technology, which completely erases the iPhone by overwriting data to prevent recovery.
You can free download this software on your computer and see how to use it to completely erase your iPhone
Step 1. Install FoneTool on your computer. And connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cable.
Step 2. On the main interface, click Toolbox > "iPhone Erase".
Step 3. Check I have understood the consequence of erasing data, and I am sure to erase data.
Step 4. If you want to completely erase your iPhone, check "Enable Deep Erase Technology". If you want to continue using this device, you can let it remember your account. Click "Erase Data" to commit the operation.
2. Delete everything on iPhone with iTunes restore
iTunes restore will delete all data and settings on an iPhone. factory resetting your iPhone in iTunes could also help you rescue a freeze iPhone or disabled device but you need to trust this computer at least once or iTunes can’t recognize your iPhone.
1. Download the latest iTunes and then connect iPhone to PC with a USB cable.
2. After the device icon appears in the upper-left or window, click it.
3. Click Restore iPhone to delete all the iPhone data.
Part 2. How to erase all content and settings on iPhone
If you can't use a computer to perform the iPhone erasion, you can also erase all content and factory reset your iPhone on your computer. It is also an easy way to reset your iPhone to make it fresh. Sometimes, it helps you troubleshoot an issue that can't be fixed in other ways.
1. Open the "Settings" app on iPhone.
2. Select "General" and then select "Reset".
3. Select "Erase All Content and Settings" and enter your passcode to delete iPhone data.
Part 3. How to delete everything on a lost iPhone remotely
If you lost your iPhone, you can use the Find My feature to remotely delete your iPhone data remotely.
1. Open your browser and go to icloud.com.
2. Sign in your Apple ID and then select Find iPhone.
3. Select Devices > select the lost iPhone.
4. Select Erase This Device > click Erase this iPhone.
Now you have known how to delete everything on iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/SE. You can choose a preferred method in this post to erase and reset your iPhone. If you want to sell or give away your old iPhone, FoneTool is the best choice. It is the safest way to protect your iPhone from data leakage. The deleted data is unable to be recovered.
In addition, FoneTool is an all-in-one iPhone data backup and transfer tool, it also helps you easily transfer files from iPhone to PC, from PC to iPhone, from iPhone to iPhone.
Share this guide and it will help more people.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad