The Issue: iPhone iPad Frozen During Update
When updating iPhone or iPad, a progress bar will show you the installation progress. The fact is that the iOS update will take longer than your expectations. If your device contains a large number of data, the process can take up to an hour. However, if the progress bar on your iPhone screen hasn't moved for at least one hour, it is very likely that your device gets stuck.
Why iPhone iPad Stuck on Apple Logo?
Various reasons can cause this iPhone frozen during update error and the following are the common ones.
● No enough storage space. Insufficient memory can affect device performance and cause unpredictable behavior, including freezing.
● Poor network condition. When the Wi-Fi is not stable, your device may freeze during the update.
● Your iPhone is overheated. In this case, the firmware will not download normally so your device gets stuck.
● A corrupted app or system error should also be blamed when iPhone stuck on Apple logo with loading bar.
How to Fix iPhone Frozen During iOS 15 Update?
The progress bar might be moving very slowly or seem like it isn't moving. You can connect your device to a power source and wait. To check whether the update is stuck, you can press any button. If you see an updating message, then it means that the update is still in progress. However, if nothing happens more than one hour, try the following methods to fix the iPhone stuck on Apple logo problem.
Solution 1. Force Restart Your iPhone
Force restart is a simple trick that helps solve many iOS issues. It can help refresh your device and fix some errors that cause the iPhone forzen during update.
● Force restart iPhone 8 and later & iPad with Face ID:
Quickly press and release the Volume Up button > Quickly press and release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
● Force restart iPhone 7/7 Plus:
Press and hold Power button and Volume Down button together > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
● Force restart iPhone 6s, SE and earlier & iPad with Home button:
Hold down the Home button and the Power button at the same time > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2. Update or Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
If the force restart didn’t help you fix the iPhone frozen during update issue, you may restore your iPhone in Recovery Mode. You should first put your iPhone in Recovery Mode and update/restore your iPhone through iTunes.
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
2. Run iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
3. Force restart your iPhone to put it in Recovery Mode.
4. When asked to update or restore your iPhone, choose Update. If you choose Restore, it will all erase your device.
Bonus Tip: An Easy Way to Backup Your iPhone iPad
From the above, we have talked about how to fix the iPhone 12, 11, XS, XR, X frozen during update. As you can see, you may lose some important data when you are trying to restore your iPhone if you have no backup.
Of course, you can backup iPhone with iTunes and iCloud - you may have backed up your iPhone before the iOS update. However, to some degree, neither iTunes nor iCloud is a good backup method. You have no choice but to backup your whole iPhone. Besides, selectively restore is also not supported and it will erase all existing data.
► To make things simple, another easy-to-use iOS backup software - AOMEI MBackupper is recommended here. This free tool lets you backup and restore iPhone data the way you want.
◆ It lets you backup and restore data you really need.
◆ The incremental backup allows you to backup newly added data.
◆ What’s more, it will not erase any data on device during the restoration.
Get the tool to explore more by yourself!
To fix iPhone 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7 forzen during update, you can choose to force restart the device or update the device in Recovery Mode. Did any of these solutions help solve your problem? If you still have any questions about this issue, just leave a comment to let us know.