About Solid State Drive (SSD)
What’s the SSD? SSD is short for Solid State Drives. The SSD disk has more advantages than the traditional Hard Disk Drive (short for HDD): faster speed of reading and writing, Shock resistance, lower power consumption and no noise. Because of these advantages, the SSD makes you feel so smoothly while the SSD as the boot device, and you will get better performance indeed.
However, you may want to create an image of SSD to make an backup copy just in case the bad things happen or move SSD to larger SSD without reinmstalling. What should you do? Maybe the free SSD imaging software will be the best choice.
Best Free SSD Imaging Software - AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper Standard is not only the free SSD imaging software but also the free SSD clone software in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. Not matter what the brands is, Samsung, Kingston, Sandisk, WD, Intel, Toshiba, Adata, etc. It works great.
There are two ways to protect your SSD:
Disk Backup to create an image of SSD to another location.
Disk Clone to clone SSD to larger SSD or smaller SSD with everything transferred easily.
Please download the best cloning software for SSD first, and give it a try.
Easily Create SSD Image in Windows 10/8/7
Here listed are details about how to backup SSD with AOMEI Backupper Standard:
1. Launch the best free disk imaging software - AOMEI Backupper, select Backup > Disk backup subsequently.
2. Click the Add Disk button, tap to select the SSD drive as source disk, and click Add. Modify the Task Name to distinguish the disk backup from others.
3. Select a destination to save the SSD image file. You could choose external hard drive, local disk, USB flash drive, NAS device, or network share as a destination.
4. Press the Start Backup button to create SSD image in Windows 10/8/7.
When the backup is processing, you can click Settings icon at the bottom left corner, tick "Check backup integrity on completion" to ensure your SSD backup image could be restored successfully.
If necessary, tick "On completion Shut down PC/Restart PC/Hibernate/Sleep". The backup will be completed after 30 minutes or more depending on your data capacity on the SSD disk. Then press "Finish" button when the backup process reaches 100%.
Upgrade HDD to SSD with the Free SSD Clone Software
If you are planing to upgrade hard drive to SSD, and make the SSD as bootable disk, AOMEI Backupper Standard could help you a lot. The steps listed below:
1. Connect your SSD with your computer, make sure it can be detected by Windows. Launch the SSD cloning software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, choose Disk Clone under Clone tab.
2. Select the Windows system disk (HDD) as source disk, and hit Next.
3. Tap to choose the SSD as the destination disk, and click Next.
4. Check SSD Alignment to optimize for SSD, and press Start Clone to clone HDD to SSD without losing data in Windows 10/8/7.
After the cloing finished:
Shut down your computer, replace the hard drive with the SSD, then boot from it;
Or restart the computer to boot into BIOS or UEFI BIOS to set up the first boot device is the cloned SSD, then boot from it.
Until now, everything is done.
With the help of free SSD imaging tool - AOMEI Backupper Standard, you could create SSD image easily in Windows 10/8/7. If you want to restore your SSD image file, you can go how to do disk restore. Besides, you could upgrade hard drive to SSD without efforts to get better performance.
Moreover, AOMEI Backupper Professional is capable of creating incremental or differential backup to save more storage space, migrating Windows 10 to SSD, creating a system image for Windows 10/8/7, moving boot partition, and making bootable media etc.
For Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019(including R2), SBS 2003, 2008, 2011, please try AOMEI Backupper Server.