Is there any way to recover deleted contacts on iPhone 13?
Apple's iPhone is a smartphone that was designed and sold by the American tech company Apple. As is known to all, every year Apple will release a new model. In September, the iPhone 13 was released as the 15th generation of the iPhone smartphone series.
Compared with the previous models, the iPhone 13 uses a new chip, upgraded camera functions, some design updates, etc. In general, the iPhone update will always bring users a more comfortable experience.
But sometimes, as usual, some users need help to address their data loss issues. For example, contacts. All users need contacts to get access to the outside world and keep in contact with their families, friends, customers, etc. No one will be happy to lose contact data.
How do I restore contacts that I deleted from my iPhone 6s? My contacts were backed up to iCloud prior to them being deleted. I would like to restore them to my iPhone. Thank you.
- Question from dougfromdovee (Apple Community)
Recovering contacts deleted off iPhone 8 plus
I somehow deleted some of my contacts in my iPhone is there a way to recover them?
- Question from Sandrakw (Microsoft Community)
These two users inadvertently deleted their contacts or quickly regretted it after deletion, and then now, require a practicable way to recover deleted contacts from iPhone 13.
But, is there a way to get deleted contacts back? Sure. Here 4 tested methods will be introduced, may one of them can help you out.
How to recover deleted contacts from iPhone 13?
Even if you have erased your contacts, there are still several solutions. Apple has offered an official method for doing so, and a suitable alternative will be supplied here. You might select any of them based on your unique scenario.
Method 1. Recover deleted contacts from iPhone 13 on iCloud.com
Firstly, iCloud is a cloud storage service offered to users. By signing in to your Apple ID, you could access your data on iCloud.com, including photos, songs, notes, and so on.
You could utilize iCloud to restore selected data to iPhone as you want. If you have activated “Contacts” in “APPS USING ICLOUD”, you could restore deleted contacts from iPhone 13 in a breeze.
- If you haven’t enabled “Contacts” in “APPS USING ICLOUD”, this method will not work for you. Skip to Method 2 to have a try.
- When you choose to restore from an archive of contacts, the current contacts on your iPhone 13 will be replaced, but the contacts you possess now will be archived, too.
Step 1. Go to “Settings” > “Apple ID” > “iCloud” > “APPS USING ICLOUD”. See if you have enabled “Contacts”.
Step 2. If so, then go to iCloud.com, and sign in to your Apple ID.
Step 3. Click “Account Settings”.
Step 4. Scroll down and go to “Advanced” > “Restore Contacts”.
Step 5. Select a version of your contacts to restore.
Thus, the deleted contacts recovery from iPhone 13 is successfully carried out.
Method 2. Recover deleted contacts from iPhone 13 from iCloud Backup
If you have never enabled “Contacts” in “APPS USING ICLOUD”, but you have activated iCloud Backup, the Contacts will be included in your iCloud backup. Thus you could get your Contacts back quite easily.
- When using this method, all the contents, and settings on your iPhone will be wiped, so make sure to create a new backup using iTunes or backup software to avoid data loss.
- You will have to connect your iPhone to a WiFi network in the process.
- Before restoring from the backup, please make sure you have selected the right version of a backup.
- If iCloud cannot restore iPhone from backup, please get help.
Step 1. Go to “General” > “Reset” > “Erase All Content and Settings”. Here you need to input your passcode to confirm.
Step 2. Restart your iPhone > Set up your iPhone > Connect to a WiFi network > "Apps & Data” > “Restore from iCloud Backup” > Sign in with your iCloud Apple ID. Choose the right backup to recover from.
Thus you will have successfully managed to restore contacts from iPhone 13.
Method 3. Restore deleted contacts from iPhone 13 from iTunes backup
Similarly, you could also readily retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone 13 from iTunes backup, because iTunes backup is quite complete, including almost all data on your iPhone.
Interestingly, one thing should be noticed some private data like Activities, Health, and Keychain data on your iPhone will not be backed up if you don’t enable “Encrypt local backup”. You could also get help to restore Health data iPhone.
- By utilizing this method, all the data on your iPhone 13 will be erased. So, it is recommended to back up your data using iTunes or a third-party backup tool.
- To avoid poor connection, it is suggested to use a lightning cable. If a poor connection happens, try another one.
- Please make sure to select the right backup you need to recover from before restoring.
- If you cannot restore iPhone from iTunes backup, please get help.
Step 1. Run iTunes on your PC. Connect your iPhone 13 with care.
Step 2. Click the “iPhone” icon on the toolbar.
Step 3. Go to “Summary” > “Restore Backup”.
Choose the right backup to restore from, then your contacts list will be back.
Method 4. Recover deleted contacts from iPhone 13 using Professional Data Recovery Software
If unfortunately, you don’t possess any backups on any devices, you may get panicked and fear that you will lose all your contacts. But take it easy! You could still do something even if there are no backups available.
With the help of AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS, a reliable iPhone data recovery tool, you could recover not only contacts but also some other types of data you will need.
- Easily perform iPhone data recovery in only 3 simple steps.
- Get back 10+ types of data, photos, reminders, notes, voice memos, etc.
- Scan and detect iPhone data very quickly.
- Support iPhone/iPad/iPod touch; compatible with iPhone 14, 13, 12, etc., and also iOS 10.0 and above.
- Also, it is recommended to connect your iPhone 13 to your computer via a lightning cable to ensure a good connection.
- When connecting, you will receive a pop-up window “Trust This Computer?” on your iPhone 13, tap “Trust” to move forward.
Step 1. Install AOMEI Data Recovery Assistant for iOS on your PC, then connect your iPhone properly via a charging cable. Enjoy a free trial first.
Step 2. Click “Scan Now”. A scanning process will be launched to analyze the data on your iPhone. Please wait in patience.
Step 3. All the detected data will be listed in the box, select “Contacts” or any types of data you need, and click “Recover”.
Then your contacts will be back. You could restore deleted contacts with ease with the help of this tool. What's more, you could also recover permanently deleted notes from iPhone using this tool.
Data loss is a troublemaker, leading to money, labor, or time loss to users. While using iPhones, they may need help to recover permanently deleted photos on iPhones, sometimes they even encounter issues like trouble in data recovery from restored iPhones.
The best option is to back up data on a regular basis. We have always placed a high value on backups. Backing up your iPhone on a regular basis is the best way to ensure that your valuable data is always safe. Furthermore, it is a better bet to back up your data in many methods or on other storage devices.
To make it much more convenient, users might as well take advantage of a professional backup tool, FoneTool.
With the help of FoneTool, users could utilize the “Full Backup” feature to completely back up their device data, covering photos, contacts, text messages, music, videos, etc., meanwhile, users could also let apps data, Safari data, system settings be backed up.
To recover deleted contacts from iPhone 13, users might as well try the methods offered in this article. Firstly, if you have been using iCloud to sync your data including contacts, you could log in to your Apple ID on iCloud.com and restore them.
Then, if you don’t, you could also retrieve contacts from iPhone 13 from iCloud Backup or iTunes backup you have made. What’s more, a recommended software AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS can be your helper.