Puran File Recovery Review: Is It Good Enough?
In the Puran File Recovery review, you can learn more details about the Puran File Recovery software. Then you can make your decision to choose a data recovery tool.
Puran File Recovery presents itself as a nimble solution designed to recover deleted files from your computer system. Despite its seemingly outdated interface, this software seamlessly functions on the most current Windows operating systems.
Puran’s file recovery tool offers the advantage of file retrieval at no cost. We conduct a comprehensive Puran File Recovery review to assess its efficacy.
Key features of Puran File Recovery
Established in 2007, Puran inaugurated its journey into utility software with the introduction of Puran Defrag, eventually expanding its repertoire to encompass a complete suite of tools, among which Puran File Recovery stands prominently.
With a decade and a half of operational history, Puran has solidified its reputation as a reliable provider of freeware, underscoring its standing in the tech community. But what specific features can users anticipate upon downloading this software? Let’s delve into the primary attributes of this data recovery tool the Puran Data Recovery review here.
Streamlined User Interface
Puran File Recovery boasts an intuitive interface, consolidating all its functionalities within a single window, except for the Custom Scan List, an aspect detailed in the subsequent section. This design choice accommodates users by facilitating seamless navigation through the scanning, searching, and recovery processes, especially beneficial for novices seeking tools for directly restoring files.
Custom Scan List Capability:
Distinctive to Puran’s data recovery tool is the Custom Scan List feature, exclusively accessible during deep scans. This function empowers users to specifically select certain file extensions for scanning purposes. For example, if one knows the lost file's format, such as a PSD file, one can simply mark the PSD checkbox before initiating the scan.
Moreover, the Custom Scan List’s versatility extends beyond file extensions. Users have the liberty to customize this list by defining new file types based on unique byte configurations and header-based size specifications, enabling the tool to identify and recover such files during a scan.
Puran File Recovery offers comprehensive support for various file formats and storage devices, encompassing documents, compressed files, images, audio, and video files. Notably, it extends its compatibility to recover from RAW hard drive and major file systems like NTFS, exFAT, and FAT32. This breadth enables users to recover files from a diverse array of devices, spanning hard drives, SSDs, SD cards, and flash drives.
Operating seamlessly on Windows 11 and the prior Windows versions: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP, this utility assures cross-compatibility across multiple Windows environments.
Efficient Scan Speed
Routine scans exhibit commendable speed, swiftly scanning targeted areas. While deep scans take longer, they offer heightened accuracy. However, the utility lacks a pause button once a scan begins, necessitating its completion or cancellation. Additionally, real-time file preview during the scanning process is not supported.
Puran File Recovery, despite its straightforward design and notable functionalities, exhibits a few limitations in real-time viewing and scan pausing, although its performance and diverse recovery capabilities render it a viable choice for users seeking efficient and adaptable file retrieval.
How to use Puran File Recovery
To gauge the effectiveness of Puran File Recovery, we try to use Puran File Recovery to recover lost files. My objective was to retrieve image files from a flash drive. This experiment was conducted to elucidate the step-by-step process of data recovery using this utility. For anyone seeking to recover files with Puran’s data recovery tool, here's a comprehensive guide:
1. Download and Installation:
Begin by acquiring and installing the file recovery tool from the official Puran website onto your device.
2. Device Scanning:
After launching the .exe file, a window providing an overview of the tool's features will appear. Acknowledge this information and proceed to view the listed drives. Choose the specific drive you intend to scan.
The utility presents the option of a Regular Scan, recommended initially to identify and potentially recover the sought-after files swiftly. If unsuccessful, the Deep Scan offers a more thorough search.
3. File Recovery:
Then, Puran File Recovery displays the identified files. If the Regular Scan locates your desired file, select it for recovery. Opt to recover individual files or utilize the "Select all" option for a bulk recovery. When initiating recovery, the tool presents three recovery options:
- Just Recover: Retrieve the file at a chosen location on the PC or external device.
- Recover with Folder Structure: Maintain the original folder path in the recovery location.
- Recover with Custom Size: Adjust the file size for enhanced recovery probability, particularly for files with potential size discrepancies.
Upon selection, I chose the "Just Recover" option, designating the Desktop as the recovery location.
Alternative to Puran File Recovery: MyRecover Overview
When considering alternatives to Puran File Recovery, MyRecover emerges is a noteworthy choice, offering a comparable free trial akin to Puran's free file recovery software. This trial enables users to test the software's functionality, providing a glimpse into its operations.
MyRecover, a robust alternative to Puran, excels in its comprehensive approach, user-friendliness, and cross-compatibility. It specializes in retrieving both deleted and missing files from various local storage devices such as HDDs, USB drives, or SD cards.
- Advanced Scanning Options: MyRecover presents users with an advanced scanning algorithm, offering both Quick Scan and Deep Scan functionalities, catering to varying recovery needs.
- Wide File Format Support: Supporting over 200 file formats, the software ensures a broad spectrum of recoverable data types.
- Compatibility: MyRecover is compatible with multiple Windows operating systems, including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Windows Server. It supports BTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
- Filter and Preview Functions: MyRecover enhances the recovery process by offering filter and preview capabilities during both Quick Scan and Deep Scan operations.
- Data Integrity: Non-overwritten files can retain their original formats, filenames, directories, and sizes, ensuring data integrity.
- Refund Policy: The software offers a 30-day refund policy, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Operating System Constraints: MyRecover is not compatible with Mac and Linux operating systems, restricting its usage to Windows environments.
In summary, MyRecover serves as a powerful alternative to Puran File Recovery, offering a comprehensive set of features and user-friendly functionalities. Its broad compatibility with various Windows systems and adept recovery capabilities make it a viable choice for users seeking efficient data recovery.
Feel free to grab MyRecover for your Windows system, enabling the recovery of deleted files even after they've been emptied from the Recycle Bin!
To get started:
1. Install and launch MyRecover.
2. Select the drive and initiate the scanning process by clicking 'Start Scan.'
3. MyRecover will automatically perform Quick Scan and Deep Scan to locate all recoverable files within your chosen drive.
4. Within the Deleted Files/Recycle Bin/Other Missing Files folder, choose the files you wish to recover and click on 'Recover x files.'
After reading the Puran File Recovery review, you can see that Puran File Recovery presents itself as a commendable free tool boasting a user-friendly interface and distinctive features. Its true potential, however, lies in executing deep scans. While its regular scans fall short of delivering comparable outcomes, showing relatively limited effectiveness.
Consequently, when juxtaposed against the array of software we've evaluated, Puran File Recovery doesn't stand out as exceptionally impressive. You can consider the Puran alternative MyRecover here.