[Easy & Quick] How to Recover Deleted Files from Desktop
Wanna learn how to recover deleted files from desktop? Click here to get 5 useful ways to help you recover deleted files with ease.
How do I recover permanently deleted files from my desktop?
Deleting some files from my desktop when I accidentally deleted a folder. How do I recover it? Recuva doesn't seem to be working for me. It’s completely deleted from my recycling bin. Any sure way of getting my files back? It’s really important to me. Much help appreciated.
We often see situations like the one in the above user case: the user has accidentally deleted a file on his computer and wants to find a useful way to recover it. In fact, there are many other reasons for file loss: virus attacks, natural disasters, system crashes, etc. How to recover deleted files from desktop? Please continue reading on this page and you can get 5 different solutions to it.
How to recover deleted files from desktop: 5 ways here
How to recover deleted files from PC? There are 5 different but useful methods for you to choose and you can refer to the detailed steps here.
Way 1. Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin
To recover deleted files from desktop, the first thing you can do is to check Recycle Bin on desktop. If you deleted your files recently and your Recycle Bin is not emptied, it is possible for you to find them in Recycle Bin and recover them easily. Please follow the steps below to see if you can recover deleted files from Recycle Bin:
1. Open Recycle Bin from your desktop. Locate your deleted files here. You can use the search bar to find them quickly.
2. If your deleted files are here, just right-click on them to select Restore. Then they will be restored to their original location. If you cannot find your deleted files, maybe they have been deleted from Recycle Bin already, then you can refer to another method introduced later.
Way 2. Recover deleted files from File History
If the Recycle Bin on PC has been emptied, how to recover deleted files from a computer then? File History is a feasible solution if you have created backups of your files before. And it is advisable for you to backup your files regularly so that you can recover them even if they are permanently deleted. Please follow the steps below to recover deleted files from a backup；
1. Go to Control Panel in Windows menu, then select System and Security in it.
2. Click File History then.
3. Click on Restore personal files on the left menu.
4. Then you can locate your deleted files on this window. After choosing, click the Recycle green icon. Then your deleted files will be recovered to the location where they were deleted.
Way 3. Recover deleted files with CMD
When users ask how to recover deleted files in desktop, CMD is a common answer, but it only works for hidden files or folders, not permanently being deleted. Thus, if you cannot find your files, they may be hidden in your operating system. Follow the steps below to recover them with CMD:
1. Open the Windows menu and type cmd in the search box, and choose Run as administrator.
2. Enter the command line chkdsk *: /f. (Replace * with your hard drive letter.)
3. Input the command line attrib -h -r -s /s /d #:*.* then. (Replace # with your storage device letter.)
Way 4. Recover deleted files from a system image backup
There are some users asking how to recover deleted files from desktop in Windows 10. If you create full system image backups regularly, this method below is suitable for Windows 10/11/8/7. But it can only recover all files instead of selected files. If you do not have too much storage space, you can consider using Way 5 to help you recover selected files. Now, let’s see how to recover deleted files from a system image backup:
1. Go to Control Panel in Windows menu and choose Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
2. Select recovery from the left list. Save your work and click Restart under Advanced startup.
3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > See more recovery option > System Image Recovery.
4. Select your deleted files from a system image backup. Then click Next.
5. After configuring other restore options, click Next. You can view the system image details, after that click Finish to begin the recovery.
Way 5. Recover deleted files with an easy recovery tool
If you haven’t made backups for your files and want to recover only deleted files instead of all files now, here comes the easiest way - MyRecover. It is a professional data recovery tool designed for Windows operating systems including Windows 11/10/8/7/Server. With the help of it, you can recover your deleted and lost files without effort. MyRecover has many advantages like:
● Support to recover 200+ types of data.
● Steps to recover data are quite simple with a few clicks.
● Quick Scan and Deep Scan will be operated automatically.
● Support to recover data from SSD/HDD. And it supports NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows.
Click this Download Software button now and recover deleted files with AOMEI Data Recovery for Window:
1. Select the partition or disk where your data are lost. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your deleted files and other missing files after Quick Scan/Deep Scan.
3. After checking the scanning result. Select a new location to store your recovered files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to begin the recovery task.
Written in the end
That’s all about how to recover deleted files from desktop. You can choose a suitable method according to the situation you met. And it is advisable for you to create backups for your files. If you did not back up regularly, you can try an easy recovery tool like MyRecover.