Comprehensive Guide: Recover Data from Flash Drive for Free
On this page, you can see 3 effective solutions to recover data from flash drive for free. And we also provide some tips for you to protect your data on flash drive.
Can data be recovered from a flash drive?
Case 1. Can I retrieve & recover data from a formatted flash drive for free? I have tried 3 different software, and they all require me to pay for a license. Does anyone know of a way I can retrieve the files and recover them without paying any money at all?
Case 2. Can I retrieve & recover data from a formatted flash drive for free? I have tried 3 different software, and they all require me to pay for a license. Does anyone know of a way I can retrieve the files and recover them without paying any money at all?
There are many users similar to the above two cases who have lost their flash drive data for different reasons, such as human error, accidental formatting of the flash drive, etc. They need a way to recover data from flash drive for free. If you are suffering from the same problem as them, please read on to find a suitable solution.
What should you do after flash drive data loss?
If your flash drive data is lost and want to recover data from a flash drive, there are some important tips for you to increase your chances of success. Please follow them after your data on flash drive is lost.
- Please stop using your flash drive including copying files, and formatting the drive.
- Disconnect your flash drive from computer before you begin to recover flash drive data.
- Do not access or save any files on your flash drive. This may overwrite deleted data and then you cannot recover it.
- Stop all other programs that may use your flash drive.
- Do not repair the bad sectors of your flash drive, which may corrupt your flash drive data.
How to recover data from flash drive for free: 3 ways here
To recover data from flash drive, we prepared 3 effective methods for flash drive deleted file recovery for free. Please keep reading this guide and choose a solution for your flash drive data.
Way 1. Use a free data recovery tool - MyRecover
To be honest, using a data recovery tool is the easiest way to recover data from external hard drive, flash drive, SSD, HDD, etc, which can save you much time and effort. With the help of an easy data recovery tool, you just need a few clicks, your lost data will be recovered to the original location.
For this, we recommend a free data recovery tool called MyRecover here. It can help you recover data from various situations such as drive formatting, system crash, virus attack, etc. This tool has many powerful features like:
● Support 200+ types of data recovery including pictures, videos, audios, texts, Word, PPT, PDF, and so on.
● Compatible with all Windows operating systems including Windows 11/10/8/7/Server, and file systems like NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, ReFS.
● The operation steps are simple and user graphic interface is clear.
Now, press the Download Software button and install this tool on your PC. Then follow the 3-step guideline to recover data from flash drive easily.
1. First, select your flash drive on this page. Then click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. And you can see your deleted files and other missing files after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically.
3. After checking the scanning result. You can a new location to store your recovered data. Just click on the Recover X files button to recover data from flash drive easily.
Way 2. Use CMD to recover data from flash drive
There is also a way to recover flash drive data without software - using CMD built in Windows. But this method is complicated for users who do not good at using computers. And it only works for hidden data recovery instead of deleted data recovery. If you wanna know something about how to recover data from flash drive using CMD, please continue reading the steps below:
1. Go to the Windows search box and type cmd. Locate Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
2. Input the command chkdsk “your drive letter”: /f, then hit Enter. The “/f” command option can help you fix logical errors on the flash drive.
3. Input the command attrib -h -r -s /s /d “your drive letter:*.* and hit Enter. Then your hidden data will reappear on your flash drive.
Way 3. Use Windows File History to recover data from flash drive
If you wanna know how to recover data from USB flash drive for free, you can check if you have put your flash drive in a certain folder on your computer and created backups of them. If you did, you can try recovering data from backups in Windows for free. It may help you recover deleted or corrupted files and folders. Here are the easy steps to use it:
First, go to Control Panel > System and Security > File History to check if you have enabled this service to backup your data. If you did, you can follow the steps below to recover your data. If not, you can consider using Way 1.
1. Go to Control Panel to choose System and Security.
2. Choose Restore your files with File History under File History.
3. Select Restore personal files on the left menu.
4. Locate the files you want to recover, and press the Restore button.
Wrapping things up
We believe have learned something about how to recover data from flash drive for free. You can choose to use Command Prompt, restore previous versions feature, or a free easy data recovery tool like MyRecover. If you do not want to spend too much time and effort, MyRecover is your best choice.