Tutorial: Top 3 Tools for Directly Restoring Files
This post covers the top 3 tools for directly restoring files, including CMD and GUI tools. Browse it and pick the best one according to your need.
Need a file recovery tool!
I would like to know if there is any tool for directly restoring. I accidentally formatted my hard drive with a lot of important files on it. Now I am too freaked out to do anything about it. Can you recommend me any good file recovery tools?
There are many cases of people asking for help like this case in various forums for various reasons. Users may have accidentally deleted their files or formatted their hard drives, or they may have suffered a malware or virus attack. You may have clicked on this article for the same reason they did: need a tool for directly restoring files. Please read on to get the top 3 tools to restore deleted files with ease.
Top 3 tools for directly restoring
An efficient tool can help you save much time on restoring files. Here we prepared 3 best software to recover deleted files and information about how do data recovery tools work. You can browse to get them.
Option 1. MyRecover (Easiest)
Among all data recovery tools, MyRecover is one of the best free data recovery software. It provides a clear graphical user interface and simple operating steps. Compared with other data recovery tools, MyRecover has some advantages like:
● Perfectly compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server.
● Keep recovered files the filename, path, and format.
● Support recovering data from SSD/USB/HDD/SD card.
● Support many file systems like NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows.
● Recover more than 200 types of data like Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, photos, videos, audios, etc.
Now, click the Download Software button and refer to the 3-step guideline to restore files directly.
1. First, choose the partition or disk where your files are lost. And click Start Scan to let the partition or disk be scanned.
2. Then you can see your deleted files and other missing files on this page after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically.
3. After the above, check the scanning result. Select a new location to store your recovered files. Then you can click on the Recover X files button to restore files directly.
Option 2. Windows File Recovery
There is another data recovery tool provided by Microsoft - Windows File Recovery. It is a command line tool and supports recovering many types of files like png/jpg/mov/zip/xlsx and so on. But compared with Option 1, Windows File Recovery is not quite easy to use because you have to know something about the command line parameters first. If you are knowledgeable about computers, you can try this tool via the steps as follow:
First, you need to learn the basic command line syntax: winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches].
Then, please go to This PC and click Properties to check the File system. Then select a proper mode according to the file system.
Then you can follow the steps below to restore files directly:
1. Go to the Microsoft Store to Get and install Windows File Recovery on your PC first.
2. Next, go to the Windows menu to find it, and click Run as administrator.
3. Input the proper command line, for example, input winfr D: E: /extensive /n *paper* and click Enter. And click Y to continue.
Option 3. WinfrGUI
If you feel it is difficult to use a tool without a graphical user interface, here we recommend the graphical user interface of Windows File Recovery - WinfrGUI. It invokes all the features of Windows File Recovery completely and provides a clear graphical interface for free. So it will be easier for you to restore files directly via WinfrGUI.
You can follow the easy steps to recover files directly without effort:
1. Select a partition to scan, and select a location to restore files.
2. Choose a scan mode: Quick Scan or Deep Scan. You can determine the file type in Advanced settings.
3. After the above, please click the Start Recovery button to directly restore files.
Bonus tips to avoid file loss
If your devices got something wrong and you have no tools to repair hard drive or tools to repair USB drive, it is not easy to recover data from disk. So, you can take some actions to avoid file loss as follow:
- Connect and unplug your storage device properly.
- Keep your storage devices away from a humid, dusty, oily environment.
- Create backups of your files regularly with professional backup software like AOMEI Backupper.
Written in the end
3 tools for directly restoring files are provided on this page. It is highly recommended to use the first option - MyRecover for its clear graphical user interface and simple operating steps. You can get it on any version of Windows operating system for free.