“How do I recover formatted partition in Windows 10?”
I stupidly formatted my partitions so now I can only access zip files from drive 0/ which is empty. Any suggestions you can give this brain-dead guy would be greatly appreciated.
- Question from XDA Forums
I have a 1TB HD that has a lot of data on it. I had 3 hard drives plugged into my computer and formatted the wrong one. How to recover data from a formatted hard drive?
- Question from Reddit
Numerous cases of formatted partition recovery issues can be found on the Internet. In these cases, almost all users are concerned about how to recover data in formatted partitions, without any exception.
This is never difficult to understand - because the data in the formatted partition is of vital importance, which may be your contract documents, family memories, learning materials, and so on. You may not be able to afford the damage or pain caused by losing these files.
This is not a rare thing, many situations will lead to a formatted hard drive.
When will you meet formatted partitions?
Except for accidentally deleted partition, a formatted partition is also a big reason for data loss among users around the world. Then what will cause a formatted partition?
Scenarios causing formatted partition are listed here below, check them if you have encountered a similar or same one.
• Unexpected deletion. You may attempt to do some operations like resizing the partition or repartitioning, at this time you accidentally format it, and then all your data is disappeared.
• Virus Intrusion. Malware or virus attacks may forcibly format your partition, or you thought formatting the affected partition can help you eliminate those viruses, so you manually format your partition.
• OE or OD Error. A blue screen appears when the computer starts in normal mode, and an OE or OD error is displayed. It leaves you no other choice except to format the partition.
• Physical Damage. The hard disk is physically damaged, such as a damaged head, which causes a "The disk in drive D is not formatted." prompt. The user may try to format it again to save this situation.
Is data in formatted partitions recoverable?
So, is it possible to recover formatted partitions in Windows 10? Before taking you to know more about data recovery, we hope to give you a preliminary impression and understanding of formatting.
Formatting refers to the initialization of a disk or partition, including low-level formatting and advanced formatting. Generally referring to advanced formatting when it comes to formatting.
When you format a partition, you erase all the files in the partition, and meanwhile, you also set a range of disk space in the partition that holds the file allocation table, and so on, making it easy for the user to manage the files.
And formatted partition can be recovered because data deletion is not an immediate operation, but rather erases the information from these files on the directory, which can be recovered as long as the partition does not write new data.
So keep in mind that do not do any write operation once your partition is formatted, or those data will be overwritten by new data.
How to recover formatted partition in Windows 10/8/7/11?
How can users perform formatted partition recovery in Windows 10, 8, and 7? When it comes to trying to recover formatted partitions, users are largely trying to recover data from formatted partitions.
Turning to professional Windows data recovery software is an advisable choice. AOMEI Data Recovery for Windows is a program that can easily enable you to recover data from formatted partitions in Windows 10, 8, 7 SP1, 11, and Server.
AOMEI Data Recovery for Windows
Applying to all data loss issues, accidental deletion, disk formatting, system crash, etc., it can easily solve your problems.
- Select more than 200 types of data to restore.
- Restore deleted data with all filenames, directories, and formats kept.
- Scan the hard disk at a very fast speed to locate all missing files.
- Highly compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 SP1, Server.
Follow the steps below to take advantage of this software and get all your files and data back. To promote the recovery rate, please remember to follow these notes.
- Do not write any new data to this partition after it has been formatted.
- Do not download the software onto the formatted partition.
- Do not try to format it a second time.
- Only applies to a quick formatted partition.
Step 1. Install and run AOMEI Data Recovery for Windows > select the partition that has been formatted > click Start Scan.
Step 2. Scanning duration depends on the data size of the partition, please wait patiently.
Step 3. Then all your files will be shown in the list box for you to preview. Select the files you want to recover and then click Recover x files to get them back.
Then you will have successfully performed formatted partition recovery and the lost files and data will come back again. This tool can also help users safely restore hard drive.
Now it will never be a tough question anymore that how to recover formatted partition in windows 10/11/8/7, for you have safely and successfully performed formatted partition recovery. But there is one more thing for you to remember, which is making sure a backup of your important partitions or files has been made.
Getting a backup regularly is a wise choice to protect all your data. To do so, you might as well turn to AOMEI Backupper for help, which possesses lots of outstanding backup schemes that will facilitate you to make backups properly and save your storage space smartly.