How to Restore Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8?
Wondering how to restore permanently deleted files in Windows 8? Get three methods to find lost files in Windows on this page. Besides, you can also get other tips.
How do I recover permanently deleted files on Windows 8?
How to recover permanently deleted files and folders in Windows 8? Please help me!
- A user from Tech Support Guy
If you’re on this page, which suggests you’re struggling to find lost files in Windows 8. After emptying the Recycle Bin or pressing the “Shift + Delete” keys to remove files, perhaps this passage is right for you to recover permanently deleted files.
3 ways to recover permanently deleted files in Window 8
How to restore permanently deleted files in Windows 8? In brief, it’s necessary for you to restore deleted files Windows 8 from backups or use top-rated data recovery software for Windows.
Method 1. Find lost files in Windows 8 from Backup and Restore
Backup and Restore is a good helper for Win7 and the above users to backup files and folders. If there’s a backup that includes your desired files, you’re ready to restore deleted files Windows 8 computers.
Step 1. Search “Control Panel” in the search bar and open it. Then go to System and Security and click the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” option.
Step 2. Click the “Restore my files” button.
Step 3. In this scenario, select “Browse for files” to find the lost files in Windows 8.
After that, you can restore them to the original location or in a new saved path.
Method 2. Find lost files in Windows 8 through File History
Compared with the above feature, Win8 users might be more familiar with File History because this newly added feature was released in Windows 8.0 operating system.
Ensure you’ve opened Control Panel > System and Security to activate File History before. If not, you will not enjoy these features.
- File History aims to backup files in Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, Desktop folders, and OneDrive offline files saved on your computers.
- With File History on, you can still restore the original documents even if they were deleted, lost, or damaged. If you need, you can restore the previous version of files to recover placed files in Windows.
- You’re allowed to store backups in the external hard drive or cloud drive.
These steps depict how to restore permanently deleted files in Windows 8 through File History.
Step 1. Open Control Panel by searching it in the search bar. Then click the “System and Security” option.
Step 2. Go to File History and select the “Restore your files with File History” option.
Step 3. Click the “Restore personal files” button.
Step 4. If you want to retrieve your selected files to the previously saved path, click the “Restore” button.
If you prefer to set a new saved path, right-click on the “Restore” button and select the “Restore to” option.
Method 3. Recover the deleted/lost files in Windows 8 via data recovery software
Without backups, how to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin after emptying? At the moment, you’d better use a third-party tool because data recovery tools can exempt you from complex backups and provide the biggest data recovery potential for you.
Here comes a highly-praised data recovery tool, MyRecover. Its established reputation rests on its powerful features and user-friendliness design.
- Recover the deleted/lost files from HDD, USB, SD cards, and other storage devices.
- Recover 200+ types of data: Word, Excel, PPT, Photos, Videos, Audio, Compressed files, and so on.
- Retain the original path, filename, and format for the deleted files.
- During scanning, search your targeted files by typing their filenames in the search bar or wait to find all the deleted and other lost files on your computers after running Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically.
- Be compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, and Windows Server.
- Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
Don’t hesitate to download it on your Windows 8 computers now!
Step 1. After running the tool, select the partition that contains the permanently deleted files you want to restore. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. Search or wait to see all the deleted and other missing files after scanning.
Step 3. Go to the Deleted files/Other missing files folder, and select your desired files. Then click the “Recover x files” button and save the restored files in a new location.
Relevant Q&A for data recovery
This tutorial focuses on how to restore permanently deleted files in Windows 8. You’d better look through the above three methods before making a wiser decision to find lost files in Windows 8 computers. Besides, there’re some relevant tips for you.