About SanDisk SSD
Nowadays, computer plays an important part in our daily life and work. As the development of technology, a new storage device invented, SSD (solid state drive). It has a faster speed and better properties so that many people want to transfer their operating system even all the data on the old hard drive to SSD. With the SSD, the boot time will be shortened, and the performance of computer will be enhanced.
There are many branded SSDs online, SanDisk SSD, Samsung SSD, Crucial SSD, and so on. A part of users like the SanDisk solid-state drive due to its outstanding performance. In order to keep the old data on the SanDisk SSD, you need to clone hard drive to SanDisk SSD. To do this operation, SanDisk SSD cloning software is indispensable.
Best free SanDisk migration software for Windows PC
Unlike Crucial SSD and Samsung SSD, SanDisk has no disk migration tool for their SSD. You can only migrate data to SanDisk SSD with the very traditional method - copy and paste. Otherwise, you have no choice but to ask SanDisk SSD data migration software. AOMEI Backupper Standard, the remarkable SSD data migration software for Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11, is worth a try.
Download the SSD cloning freeware and install it on your computer now!
How to migrate HDD to SanDisk SSD (including OS and data)
Follow the steps below to migrate OS and data from HDD to SanDisk SSD safely and freely:
Step 1. Connect your SanDisk SSD to your computer. Launch SanDisk cloning software - AOMEI Backupper. Then, you can see the concise main interface of this freeware. To migrate all data to SanDisk SSD, click Clone > Disk Clone.
Tip: The Standard edition only supports cloning system disks from MBR to MBR. If you need to clone system disks from MBR to GPT, GPT to MBR, or GPT to GPT, you may upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional. The Pro edition also offers the System Clone feature to help you migrate only OS to SanDisk SSD.
✨ Both MBR and GPT are two different disk types for data storage. If you don't know clearly, please check its disk properties in Disk Management with the following steps.
- Press Win + R to open the Run window. Then, type diskmgmt.msc and hit OK to open disk management.
- Then, right-click the disk you want to clone and select Properties in the pop-up window.
- In the Properties window, select the Volume tab and confirm the partition style. It can be MBR (Master Boot Record) or GPT (GUID Partition Table).
- Similarly, check the disk partition tyle of the destination disk. If it is still MBR, you can clone HDD to SanDisk SSD for free. To clone GPT to GPT (eg: clone NVMe to NVMe), MBR to GPT or GPT to MBR, try a professional version.
Step 2. It will show you the specific window to remind what you need to do. Here, select the original disk as the source disk. Click Next.
Step 3. Select the SanDisk SSD you connected before as the destination disk, and click Next.
Step 4. In this window, you need to confirm the information of both disks and set up the necessary settings. To make your SanDisk perform at the best state, it's highly recommended to tick SSD Alignment which will optimize your SanDisk SSD automatically after cloning. Finally, click Start Clone to begin the process.
👉 Edit Partitions: there are 4 options available to help you resize partition or convert disk types. And The last 3 options are offered in paid editions. Or you can resize partition with AOMEI Partition Assistant after cloning.
- Copy without resizing partitions: It will not resize the partition size.
- Add unused space to all partitions: It will reallocate the unallocated space to each partition of the target disk, appropriate for the disk size.
- Manually adjust partition size: It allows you to extend unallocated space to any partition on the destination disk you want.
- Convert the destination disk from MBR to GPT: It helps to convert the partition style of the destination disk if it is different from the source disk, clone GPT disk to MBR, for example.
👉 Sector by sector clone: it will copy all the sectors on the hard drive. This option is not recommended if you are cloning a corrupted disk or cloning to a smaller disk, because it will also copy the bad sectors and unused part.
👉 This software is still an M.2 SSD cloner, thus you can use it to migrate Windows 10 to M.2 SSD, clone M.2 SSD to M.2 SSD, etc.
If you are looking for free SanDisk SSD data migration software, AOMEI Backupper can be your ideal choice. Actually, it is not only SanDisk SSD migration software but also a data transfer tool for Samsung SSD, Crucial SSD and other SSD brands. You can use it to clone HDD to Kingston SSD with these simple steps as well.
What’s more, AOMEI Backupper is powerful backup and recovery software. After cloning, you may keep AOMEI Backupper installed and use it to set continuous data protection for your computer. Just give it a shot!