Why clone hard drive from bootable USB?
Nowadays, more and more people tend to clone disk when need to upgrade to a new hard drive or when the computer goes wrong and cannot boot normally. Cloning hard drive will save users from re-installing operating system, all the installed applications, games and other personal files can be restored as well, which is quite convenient. And now you may in one of the two situations, and want to clone hard drive from bootable USB flash drive:
1. Your system files have been damaged and cannot boot normally, so you have to use bootable USB to clone hard drive to get your computer back to normal.
2. The cloning failed because of some running programs, so you need to clone hard drive from bootable USB to carry out the cloning.
Then how to make it? You may have already tried copy and paste way, and find that does not work. Windows will not help you do the job. Simply copying files may skip crucial files and lead to portable program corrupt or OS unbootable. But don’t worry, the free third-party cloning software named AOMEI Backupper Standard can help you clone hard drive from bootable USB easily.
Free tool to clone hard drive from bootable USB
AOMEI Backupper is an all-in-one Windows backup software, which can help clone, backup, restore and sync everything according to users’ needs. As for your need of cloning hard drive from bootable USB, it can help you make it perfectly with its Disk Clone feature.
Easy to use. Whether you are a technician or a green hand, with its succinct interface, you can clone hard drive from bootable USB simply following the notification step by step.
Intelligent Clone. It lets you only copy the used part of the source to the new hard drive, which lets you make it without effort if your new hard drive is relatively smaller than the old one. For example, you can easily clone old hard drive to a smaller SSD.
Sector-by-sector clone. It allows you to copy all sectors to the destination whether in use or not. If your new hard drive has enough space, then you can choose this option to keep the same partition layout.
Free to use. What’s more, this feature is totally free of charge for personal users.
How about give it a try? First download AOMEI Backupper on your Windows 10/8/7/XP and then follow the steps below to clone hard drive from bootable USB.
How to Clone Hard Drive Using Bootable USB?
Step 1. Plug in your bootable USB and set the bootable USB as your boot device when enter the BIOS, then AOMEI Backupper will start automatically > Click Clone and choose Disk Clone.
Step 2. Select the original hard drive as source disk and click Next to continue.
Step 3. Choose the hard drive you prepared as destination> Click Next to go to the next step.
Step 4. In the Operation Summary interface, you can confirm the Source Disk and Destination Disk and click Start Clone option to start the cloning and wait for a while.
1. You can click Edit Partitions to adjust the partition size as per your need. It is available in advanced editions.
2. Choose Sector by sector clone if you want to keep the old partition layout on your new hard drive.
3. Please remember to check SSD Alignment if you are transferring to one SSD. It can increase the read and write speed of your SSD.
4. To clone HDD or SSD that contains operating system between MBR and GPT, please upgrade to its Professional edition.
As you can see, with AOMEI Backupper, cloning hard drive from USB is as easy as ABC. It also lets you copy a hard drive to a flash drive, or USB to another one. Besides that it offers all kinds of backup solutions for you to keep your data safe. Just give it a try by yourself!