What is portable backup software used for?
Portable software, sometimes also called standalone, is a kind of software that doesn’t use an installer. All the files required to run the program reside in a single folder, which you can put anywhere on the system, such as internal mass storage, external storage, cloud storage, and a file share.
You may need portable backup software in the following situations:
- You have multiple computers to be backed up, and you don’t want to install the backup software again and again.
- You are the one who provides technical services to others, and you need portable backup software as part of your toolkit.
- Compared to traditional backup software installed in Windows, a portable backup tool leaves a smaller footprint on your PC.
No matter which is your case, the first thing is to find a reliable portable backup program.
Top portable backup tool for Windows PC
Among a large amount of portable backup software, I find AOMEI Backupper Technician is user-friendly and full-featured. It supports all Windows PC operating systems, including Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7, Vista and XP. Here is a list of its main features:
- It offers different backup types for different needs. You are allowed to create backups for Windows OS, hard drives, disk partitions, or individual files.
- It allows you to perform auto backup according to the schedule you set. You can set a backup task to run daily, weekly, monthly or based on a special event (user logon, system startup, etc.).
- It can automatically remove old backups so as to release disk space.
- It supports creating portable version on a local disk, USB drive or external HDD/SSD.
Get this powerful backup software free download and learn how to use portable AOMEI Backupper in detail below.
How to use portable AOMEI Backupper to create backups easily?
In this part, I’ll show you how to save portable AOMEI Backupper on a removable device and use it to backup the target computer step by step.
Create portable AOMEI Backupper
Step 1. Connect a portable device to your computer properly. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper.
Step 2. Click Tools from the left pane and select Create Portable Version.
Step 3. The program automatically selects the removable device you just connected as the target location to save AOMEI Backupper portable version. If there are different portable devices connected to your PC, click Browse to select the right one.
Step 4. Click Start Creating to launch the process. When the progress bar reaches 100%, click Finish.
Step 5. Safely disconnect the removable device instead of just pulling it out.
Backup computer using AOMEI Backupper portable version
Let’s say you are going to backup a computer OS. Follow the instructions below:
1. Connect the removable device with portable AOMEI Backupper to the computer that you want to backup. Find Backupper.exe in the installation directory and double click it to run AOMEI Backupper from the removable device.
2. Click on Backup and select System Backup.
3. The program automatically selects system partition(s) that needs to be backed up. Specify a backup storage device to save the system image.
4. Confirm the operation and click Start Backup to begin the backup process.
5. After the backup process is finished, find a registration tool named Register.exe in the installation directory on the portable device. Double click it and click Anti-registration in the pop-up window to prevent your registration information from being leaked.
6. Safely disconnect the removable device.
To sum up
This page introduces top portable backup software - AOMEI Backupper to you. It enables you to create system/disk/partition/file backup on any computer. When system crash or data loss occurs on the backed up computer, you can run portable AOMEI Backupper to restore system or recover lost files. What’s more, AOMEI Backupper is wonderful portable sync software. Don’t hesitate to give it a shot!