What is portable backup software used for?
Portable software, sometimes also called standalone software, is a kind of software that doesn’t use an installer. All the files required to run the program reside in a single folder, so you can easiy take away this portable software and use it on any computer for backup.
You may need portable backup software in the following situations:
- You have multiple computers to be backed up, and you don’t want to install the backup software again and again.
- You are the one who provides technical services to others, and you need portable backup software as part of your toolkit.
- Compared to traditional backup software installed in Windows, a portable backup tool leaves a smaller footprint on your PC.
No matter which is your case, the first thing is to find a reliable portable backup program.
Best portable backup tool for any computer
Among a large amount of portable backup software, I find AOMEI Backupper Technician is user-friendly and full-featured. It supports all Windows PC operating systems, including Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7, Vista and XP. Here is a list of its main features:
- It offers different backup types for different needs. You are allowed to create backups for Windows OS, hard drives, disk partitions, or individual files.
- It allows you to perform auto backup according to the schedule backup you set. You can set a backup task to run daily, weekly, monthly or based on a special event (user logon, system startup, etc.) or USB drive.
- It backup only changed files since full backup or last backup.
- It can automatically remove old backups so as to release disk space.
- It supports creating portable version on a local disk, USB drive or external HDD/SSD.
Get this powerful portable backup software and learn how to use it in detail below.
How to create portable backup software and use it
In this part, I’ll show you how to save portable AOMEI Backupper on a removable device and use it to backup the target computer step by step.
Create portable AOMEI Backupper
Step 1. Connect a portable device to your computer properly. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper.
Step 2. Click Tools from the left pane and select Create Portable Version.
Step 3. The program automatically selects the removable device you just connected as the target location to save AOMEI Backupper portable version. If there are different portable devices connected to your PC, click Browse to select the right one.
Step 4. Click Start Creating to create portable version of backup software - AOMEI Backupper. When the progress bar reaches 100%, click Finish.
Step 5. Safely disconnect the removable device instead of just pulling it out.
Backup computer using AOMEI Backupper portable version
Let’s say you are going to backup a computer OS. Follow the instructions below:
1. Connect the removable device with portable AOMEI Backupper to the computer that you want to backup. Find Backupper.exe in the installation directory and double-click it to run AOMEI Backupper from the removable device.
2. Click on Backup and select System Backup.
3. The program automatically selects system partition(s) that needs to be backed up. Specify a backup storage device to save the system image.
4. Confirm the operation and click Start Backup to begin the backup process.
Other useful features you may be interested in:
- Options: It is able to comment, enable email notification, set password encryption, etc.
- Schedule Backup: It allows you to backup system automatically in daily, weekly, monthly, event trigger or USB plug in.
- Backup Scheme: It is capable of backing up only changed files with incremental or differential backup. Also, you can enable automatic backup cleanup methods and delete backup files regularly.
- If you have problem using this portable backup tool, find the registration tool Register.exe in the installation directory, double-click it and click Registry to registry for correct version. And that goes for any time you want to use it.
- It's suggested to click Anti-registration to prevent your registration information from being leaked after you use the portable AOMEI Backupper.
To sum up
This page introduces the best portable backup software for Windows PCs or Servers - AOMEI Backupper. It enables you to create system/disk/partition/file backup on any computer. And you make the backup task automatically and avoid backup disk full by deleting backup files. Thus, you will always have the latest backup for your computer.
When system crash or data loss occurs on the backed up computer, you can run portable AOMEI Backupper to restore system or recover lost files. What’s more, AOMEI Backupper is wonderful portable sync software. Don’t hesitate to give it a shot!