Benefits of portable sync software
Sync software is a kind of software that creates backup copies of certain files. And portable sync software is a sync program you can carry with you. You don’t need to install the program in Windows. Instead, you copy its installation directory on a portable device or cloud drive, so you have access to it on any computers.
With portable sync software, you can do file synchronization on different computers without installing software on each computer. What’s more, no registry entries left behind after running the program except those automatically generated by Windows. Then, what is the best portable sync software that is worth a try?
Best portable sync software for Windows 10/8/7
AOMEI Backupper Technician, powerful sync software designed for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, is an ideal choice. You can benefit a lot from its following features:
- It is embedded with four sync modes to meet your different needs. They are Basic Sync, Mirror Sync, Real-Time Sync, and Two-Way Sync.
- It allows you to sync files between two folders, disks, or even two computers. You are also allowed to sync local folders to OneDrive, Google Drive, and Synology NAS, etc.
- It enables you to create automatic sync tasks. Various schedule modes are offered, including Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, and USB plug-in.
- It supports creating portable version on a USB drive or external HDD/SSD.
Free download AOMEI Backupper and learn how to create portable version of AOMEI Backupper from the next part.
How to create AOMEI Backupper portable version to sync files easily?
First, prepare a portable device and connect it to your computer properly. Then, follow the guidance below:
Step 1. Install AOMEI Backupper on a Windows PC and open it. Click Tools and select Create Portable Version.
Step 2. The program automatically detects the removable device you just connected and selects it as the target location to save AOMEI Backupper portable version. If there are different portable devices connected to your PC, click Browse to select the right one.
Step 3. Click Start Creating to launch the process. When the progress bar reaches 100%, click Finish.
Step 4. Safely disconnect the removable device instead of just pulling it out. Otherwise, you can corrupt the portable sync software.
- The portable version created by AOMEI Backupper Technician can only be run on Windows PC operating systems. To create portable version for Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2008, etc., you may pick AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus.
- You are not allowed to create AOMEI Backupper portable version on the CD-ROM drive and a network path currently.
- When AOMEI Backupper is running on your PC, you cannot run AOMEI Backupper portable version at the same time.
Sync files using AOMEI Backupper portable version
Here I take two-way sync as an example.
1. Connect the removable device with AOMEI Backupper portable version to the computer where you want to sync files. Find Backupper.exe in the installation directory and double click it to run AOMEI Backupper from the removable device.
2. Click Sync from the left panel and select Two-Way Sync.
3. Edit the task name so that it can be easily identified. Click Add Folder to select the folder you want to sync.
4. Click the second bar to choose another folder as the destination folder.
5. Confirm the source and destination directory and click Start Sync. Files will be synced from the source directory to the destination directory and vice versa.
6. Safely disconnect the removable device.
About registration information of the portable version
Once the portable version is created successfully, a registration tool will be generated in the installation directory on the portable device, named Register.exe. Double click it and you’ll see a pop-up window as shown below.
After you run AOMEI Backupper portable version on another computer, click Anti-registration to clear the registration information so as to protect your registration information from being leaked.
The next time you run AOMEI Backupper portable version, click Register to make the portable version registered again.
This page offers you the best portable sync software for Windows 10/8/7 - AOMEI Backupper. Actually, you are allowed to do both backup and sync with the portable version. For example, you can backup Windows 10 to NAS with easy steps. Why not give it a shot?