A Complete Guide to ASUSTOR Backup Plan and Its Alternative
You can learn how to use ASUSTOR Backup Plan to create a backup to the NAS in this article. This article also provides you with another NAS backup software, which is applicable to any other NAS besides AUSTOR.
Introduction to Backup Plan of ASUSTOR NAS
ASUSTOR is a leading innovator and supplier of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions. It also focuses on the development and integration of related firmware, hardware and applications.
Backup Plan is ASUSTOR’s free backup software for Windows OS. It can be used to backup data from Windows PCs or servers to specified destination devices including NAS, FTP server, or the local machine. Backup Plan supports one-time backup, scheduled backup and synchronization. You can use it to perform ASUSTOR NAS External Backup, Internal Backup, Remote Sync, FTP Backup, Cloud Backup, etc. If your original data is damaged, destroyed or lost, it also provides convenient data recovery functions.
How to Create a Backup using ASUSTOR Backup Plan
First, I will teach you how to create a scheduled weekly backup plan that backs up data from your computer to your ASUSTOR NAS.
- Download the latest version of Backup Plan and install it on the computer.
- Double-click Backup Plan to start it. To create a backup to ASUSTOR NAS, click Create in the upper left corner.
- Select ASUSTOR NAS as your backup destination.
- Type in plan name and click Next.
- The program will scan your local area network to find ASUSTOR NAS devices. Select the NAS of your choice from the list and click Next.
- Enter the username and password for your NAS and then click Next.
- Then you will be asked to specify the backup method. Backup Plan provides 3 different backup methods. To create a scheduled weekly backup plan, we select Schedule Backup and set the backup frequency to Weekly.
- Then Backup Plan will now scan your local computer for folders that can be backed up. Select the folder(s) that you wish to back up from the list and then click Next.
- Select the destination folder to save the backup job from the provided list, and then click Finish.
- Then you should now be able to see the backup plan you just created in the Backup Plan interface.
Backup to NAS of All Kinds with Free AOMEI Backupper
ASUSTOR Backup Plan utility allows users to easily backup data from Windows PCs or servers to an ASUSTOR NAS. If you want to create a backup to other NAS, you may encounter the problem of ASUSTOR Backup Plan not working. In this case, I recommend you to use another free NAS backup software—AOEMI Backupper Standard.
Next, I will show you how to use this freeware to backup files to NAS. Click the download button below to install it on your computer.
Step 1. Launch AOMEI Backupper, then navigate to Backup -> File Backup.
Step 2. Click Add Folder or Add File to specify the data you want to backup. You can add multiple items as you like.
Step 3. Click on the small down arrow beside the destination select box, choose Select a network location.
Step 4. In the popping out window, click Add Share or NAS Devices at the left bottom corner. Enter the path of the network drive. The added path can be used directly next time.
Step 5. After the NAS device has been added, all the folders under this NAS device will be listed. Choose one folder as the destination path, and then click OK.
Step 6. Then you can further configure the backup by clicking Schedule in the lower left corner of the program to set automatic backup to NAS.
✦ Daily: Set a time point in the future to perform the backup task Only Once, Once Everyday or Intervals.
✦ Weekly: Set a time point and the program will automatically perform the backup at this time on the chosen day(s) every week.
✦ Monthly: Set a time point on a specific day from the calendar to perform the backup task every month and you can select multiple days on the calendar.
Step 7. Then, click Start Backup to execute this backup task.
Now you may already have a copy of files and folders. In fact, in addition to asustor NAS backup, you still can choose to backup files to AOMEI Cloud, which helps you protect your files safely and offers you 1TB free cloud storage in 15 days.
After reading this article, I believe you have a comprehensive understanding of the use of ASUSTOR Backup Plan. If your device is not from ASUSTOR, don't be frustrated, you can get help from another comprehensive NAS backup software—AOMEI Backupper.
The software not only provides you with Backup, Restore and Synchronization functions, just like ASUSTOR Backup Plan, but also provides you with Clone and powerful Tools. With its help, you can create a backup of your computer and create bootable media to help you successfully boot your computer when the system crashes. It can also help you perform a bootable clone on Windows 11. Come and try this software now.