Content of this article:
About Terabyte Image for Windows
Terabyte Image for Windows, as a component of Terabyte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite, which is a disk backup software (byte-by-byte backup) for Windows operating system developed by Terabyte Unlimited. It allows you to backup entire hard drive, partition to external hard drive, network devices, USB flash drive, CD, DVD, etc. and compatible with Windows PCs and Servers, like Windows NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and Server 2003, 2008(R2), 2011, 2012, 2016.
With Terabyte Image for Windows, you could do the following things:
Backup and restore entire hard disk, partition easily, even dissimilar hardware restore(restore to a completely different hardware computer).
Multiple Backup Types: full backup, changed backup (backup changed data since the last backup), schedule backup.
Create bootable media to restore an image file created by all the Terabyte Unlimited disk imaging products.
VSS and PHYLock™ allows you to continue using your computer while in the backup process.
Command line tool.
Clone disk. It is an ability in the Terabyte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite, with it, you can clone disk to larger disk with a secure boot.
Portable. The Terabyte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Click here to learn more about Terabyte Image for Windows manual.
However, the Image for Windows software has some restrictions that you have to pay attention to:
It offers a special bundle charged $59.98.
You may get the Unable to write data to file error when creating an image backup, etc.
Hence, you might intend to turn to Terabyte Image for Windows alternative for help. Anyway, I'll introduce you to the best alternative to Terabyte Image for Windows or the Drive image suites alternative, and how to use it to create disk image, recovery disk, etc.
Best FREE Alternative to Terabyte Image for Windows
If you’re looking for the best free Terabyte Image for Windows alternative, try AOMEI Backupper Standard. It covers almost all the above features in Image for Windows, and offers you more outstanding features to protect disk data continuously.
- Complete backup and restore solutions: It supports creating a disk backup, system backup, partition backup, and file backup, and with a backup image, you can restore any items when needed.
- Rich backup settings: It is able to create a Windows image backup on a regular basis, such as daily, weekly, or monthly. And you can also set compression, splitting, incremental backup, VSS, etc.
- Small and shining tool: It allows you to create a boot repair disk with USB, CD/DVD or ISO and boot your computer, then backup and restore disk, system, partition, or files as you want.
- Compatible with all devices recognized by Windows, including external hard drives, USB drives, CD/DVD, network drives, NAS, etc.
In its advanced edition, you still can deploy system image to dissimilar hardware, clone all brands of disks, such as SanDisk, WD, Samsung, Seagate, etc, create a portable version of AOMEI Backupper, and more. Check the edition comparison page and select a suitable version.
Use AOMEI Backupper Standard as Terabyte Image for Windows Alternative (FREE)
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a comprehensive backup and restore software for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista. Here I'll show you how to use it to create disk image, recovery disk, etc.
Please download the Terabyte drive image backup software and follow the steps carefully:
Backup All Your Hard Drive's Data
Install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. To create a Terabyte drive image backup and run it automatically, set it as follow:
- On the main console, select Backup -> Disk Backup.
- Tap + Add Disk button to choose the drive you want to backup, and then select an external disk or other devices to store backup image.
- Click Start Backup if you just want to create a single backup, it will include the operating system, programs, and data on it. To schedule backup a disk, click Schedule Backup and enable it, select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
Create a Recovery Boot Disk
Open AOMEI Backuper Standard. To create a recovery disk in Windows, follow the steps below:
- Go to Tools > Create Bootable Media.
- Select bootable disc type - Linux or Windows PE, and click Next.
- Select storage media -USB, CD/DVD or ISO to create a recovery boot disk and click Next. It will start to create a recovery disk for your Windows PC and you can use it on any other computer.
Except for Create Bootable Media, the advanced edition still supports the following features, which allows you to access AOMEI Backupper from recovery environment:
- Recovery Environment (supported by the Professional version): It will create a Windows recovery environment and add it to the boot menu directly. So you don't need to prepare any storage device to store boot files.
- PXE Boot Tool (supported by the Workstation version): It is able to boot multiple computers over the network.
- AOMEI Image Deploy (supported by the Technician or TechPlus version): It integrates the PXE boot tool and helps to deploy image to multiple computers over a network simultaneously.
Restore Disk Image to Get Your Data Back
Unlike Terabyte Image for Windows, AOMEI Backupper Standard allows you to restore disk within Windows or from recovery environment.
#1: Restore disk image within Windows. Just open this software, go to the Restore tab and follow its on-screen instructions.
#2: Restore disk image from recovery environment. In this way, you need to connect the previously created recovery boot disk, restart your computer to BIOS and set it as the first boot option, press F10 or other prompted keys to save changes and boot into the recovery environment.
Anyway, you can access to the AOMEI Backupper Standard now and follow the steps below.
- Go to the Restore tab and click Select Task to choose disk image you created previously.
- Select a backup image in the following list and restore the entire disk.
- Select a location to receive backup image, either original location or new hard drive. Click Next and Start Restore.
Use Advanced Edition as Terabyte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suites Alternative
In addition to create a disk backup, recovery boot disk, and restore disk image, you may want to copy boot drive to another one, perform dissimilar hardware restore, create a portable version of backup software, and more. To enjoy them, you need to upgrade to the Professional version or higher first.
Clone All Your Hard Drive's Data to Another One
To clone disk to another one, you need to use the Disk Clone feature. It is available in the Professional version of AOMEI Backupper. By default, this software will clone only used sectors from one hard drive to another, so you can even clone large drive to smaller drive and boot from it successfully.
- Open AOMEI Backupper Standard. Click Clone and Disk Clone subsequently.
- Select your source disk (here is Disk0) and then the destination disk (here is Disk1). Click Next after that.
- Click Start Clone to clone disk to another one. If your new disk is SSD, please remember to tick SSD Alignment feature to optimize its performance.
For a larger disk, you still need to resize hard drive to make full use of the disk space. Click Edit Partitions and select one of the following options:
👉 Copy without resizing partitions: It will not resize the partition size.
👉 Add unused space to all partitions: It will reallocate the unallocated space to each partition of the target disk, appropriate for the disk size.
👉 Manually adjust partition size: It allows you to extend unallocated space to any partition on the destination disk you want.
👉 Convert the destination disk from MBR to GPT or vice versa: It displays when your source and destination disk has different partition style and be sure the boot mode is correct.
Perform Dissimilar Hardware Restore
The steps are similar to restore a disk image and the only difference is to be sure the Universal Restore (supported by the Professional version) feature is checked before clicking Start Restore. In general, if this software detects you restore disk image to a computer with dissimilar hardware, it will check this feature by default.
It will install all the necessary drivers required to boot a computer, which solves the problem of most computers not booting. For other drivers, such as video or sound card drivers, display drivers, NIC drivers, etc, you need to install them separately afterward.
Create a Portable Version of AOMEI Backupper to USB Flash Drive
If you want to create and manage backup image on multiple computers without installing this software from time to time, try Create Portable Version feature in AOMEI Backupper Technician or TechPlus edition. It allows you to copy the installation package to a removable device, such as a USB drive, and run AOMEI Backupper from it, then perform any operation you want.
- Go to the download page of www.ubackup.com and download AOMEI Backupper Technician or TechPlus. Install and open it. Click Tools > Create Portable Version.
- Be sure you connect a removable device and it is recognized. Here click Browse to select it as the target location and click Start Creating...
To run AOMEI Backupper from a removable device, connect it to your computer and go to the installation package, double-click the Backupper.exe file. Then, you will see the main page of AOMEI Backupper, just do as you were.
If you have a problem using the portable version of AOMEI Backupper, find the registration tool - Register.exe in the installation directory and double-click it. Then, click Registry to registry for the correct version.
To prevent your registration information from being leaked, it's suggested to click Anti-registration after you use the portable AOMEI Backupper.
AOMEI Backupper is a well-deserved best Terabyte Image for Windows alternative or the drive image suites alternative. If you just want to create a disk image, recovery boot disk, and restore disk image, try free backup and restore software - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
For advanced features, such as, disk clone, universal restore, PXE boot too, AOMEI image deploy, create portable version, etc, try the corresponding version that supports this feature. All in all, AOMEI Backupper is worthing trying software, please download it to have a try.