“Hey, I used the Dropbox to store almost all my data. But I have a question recently. I want to backup all my personal image and video files and others in hundreds of different directories on my computer to my dropbox. Here is the question: how do I backup files to Dropbox?”
Dropbox is a famous cloud storage service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc., which is widely used for storing data on cloud, sync files, etc. Dropbox provides you a lot of convenience:
- You can take your docs anywhere, because everything you keep in Dropbox is synced automatically to all your devices.
- It is easy to share large files with anyone with a simple link.
- The data on Dropbox will be safe even when your computer meltdown, because you can access your Dropbox from any devices.
- You can share your files with others. When you edit a file in the shared folder, others will get the update automatically.
Thus, Dropbox users would like to backup files to Dropbox, so that they can keep the data safe and use their files more flexible. Well then, how to backup files to Dropbox?
Ways to backup files to Dropbox
To backup files to Dropbox, you need download and install the Dropbox desktop application on your computer first. And then, you can start to backup your files to Dropbox.
Method1. Using copy and paste to backup files to Dropbox
When you installed the Drobox desktop application, you can use it more convenient. You can backup files to Dropbox by simply copy and paste. While a period time, the files would on your Dropbox. However, this way could disturb you that it will take a lot of space and a long time, and you must do it manually. Fortunately, you can use backup software to backup files to Dropbox automatically.
Method2. Using backup software to backup files to Dropbox
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a powerful software that can help you backup your PC files to Dropbox automatically with a few simple clicks, and you do not need to pay for it cause it is free for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. You can follow the guidance below:
Step1.Download this free backup software. Install and launch it. It will show you the easy-to-use interface. Click Backup->File Backup.
Step2.Then, you need select the files you want to backup by clicking Add File, or if you want to backup all directories on your folder, you can click Add Folder to select folders you want to backup. Then, click Step2 to select Dropbox as the destination place to store the backup images. Then, click Start Backupto launch the progress.
- Your computer should be installed the Dropbox desktop application.
- The first backup time may take a long time, which depends on the amount of files and the speed of your internet connection.
- If there are some file types you want to backup in a folder, you can set up to backup files with a certain file extension automatically.
- You can use the Schedule option to setup an automatic backup files to Dropbox according to your requirements.
AOMEI Backupper is a wonderful software for backing up files to Dropbox. Because it can save a lot of space and speed less time. besides using it to backup files to cloud, you can also backup files to external hard drive, local hard drive, or network drive. It has many other utilities for you to keep your computer safe.