When get Alienware laptop hard drive failure?
Hard drive failure is not uncommon in our daily life and there are many factors such as virus infection, natural disaster and human improper operations that could lead to this phenomenon. In most cases, long-term use and hard drive lifespan are two main reasons that result to hard drive failure. The same is true for hard drive on Alienware laptop.
Alienware, a subsidiary company of Dell Company, is one dedicated manufacturer that produces devices for gaming. Three main products Laptop, Desktop and Alpha Game Console are equipped with advanced configurations. Even so, their hard drive will eventually get bad after years of use, especially under such high-intensity operating in gaming. Not only will hard drive on M11x/M14x/M17x laptop become invalid but also Alienware X51 desktop and Alpha console hard drive will break down. Then what we should do to solve such problem.
How to fix Alienware hard drive failure?
Now that the hard drive is failure, the best solution is replacing it with a well-functioned one. Surely a clean install solves this issue yet you need to re-download and reinstall all installed games and programs. What’s worse, your precious personal files will lose forever. Thus, finding a way to access the disk and back all data up to safe place is the primary task.
AOMEI Backupper Professional, with create bootable media, backup disk and restore image features embedded, is the right tool you’ll need in solving such problem. In a nutshell, you create a bootable CD/DVD or USB drive on running computer to boot off Alienware laptop. This bootable media contains WinPE ISO image and AOMEI Backupper. Then backup the hard drive to another place. Next, replace current hard drive with new hard drive or SSD. Finally, restore the created backup image to new disk. It is quite easy, isn’t? AOMEI Backupper is compatible with Windows 10 as well as its previous version and most Alienware products are shipped with Windows 10. Download its free trial to have a try.
Solve Alienware hard drive error with AOMEI Backupper
- Replacement for Alienware laptop hard drive. It should apply to your computer series and you can seek for help from Dell support.
- A Phillips screwdriver to loosen captive screws in base cover, battery and optical drive.
- A well-functioned Windows OS-based PC to create a bootable medium.
- A USB flash drive or CD/DVD used as bootable device.
- An external hard drive used to store the backup image of current hard drive. You have option to place the backup image on NAS or network folder and you can restore Windows image backup over network later.
- Important: Before working inside your computer, read the safety information that shipped with your computer.
Step1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper on the running PC. Insert the USB flash drive or CD/DVD drive. Click Utilities and then select Create Bootable Media as follow.
Step2. Select create Windows PE disc option and follow the wizard to complete this simple creating.
Step3. Boot Alienware laptop via this created bootable device. You can see AOMEI Backupper right after you login. Click Backup and then Disk Backup at the main interface. Continue to select source hard drive and destination disk to finish data backup.
Step4. Shut down the laptop after backup. Now you need to replace current hard drive with new disk. Internal hard drive in Alienware is not as easy to uninstall as other laptops. For example, Alienware M14x R2 keeps hard drive under optical drive, so you have to free up that drive first. Following are brief steps of uninstalling hard drive. Just put everything back in position after replacing. First of all, disconnect all peripherals and charging cable from the laptop.
- Loosen the two captive screws that secure the base cover to the computer base, slide and lift the base cover.
- Loosen the two captive screws that secure the battery to the computer base and lift it off using the pull-tab. Disconnect battery cable from the connector on the system board.
- Now repeat to loosen the four screws that secure the optical drive, lift the connector latch and disconnect the drive.
- Finally, loosen three captive screws that secure the hard drive, gently lift it and disconnect the interposer. Replace the hard drive with new one and reposition all objects.
Step5. Connect the storage that contains disk backup image to Alienware laptop and boot it with the same bootable medium. Once login start AOMEI Backupper and click Restore this time. By default, it will detect image automatically. If it does not detect a backup image or if you store the image on NAS/network, click Path to manually navigate.
Step6. Restart the laptop and remove bootable medium or change boot order in BIOS after restoring.
- If the new disk cannot be detected, format it and try again.
- For backup personal files only, click File Backup at step3.
- If system files are damaged, please do not use the backup image to perform restoration. It’s better to do clean install.
It is normal that Alienware laptop hard drive fails. What counts is you find a corresponding solution for that problem. You can keep AOMEI Backupper on your computer as a backup solution to protect precious files since it is a reliable alternative to File History. For upgrading hard drive, you can use Disk Clone or System Clone feature in AOMEI Backupper to move OS directly.